Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 03:17:40 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A Bubble will come, but when?  (Read 299 times)
arcassis (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 09:32:18 AM

According to this article: https://www.investopedia.com/articles/stocks/10/5-steps-of-a-bubble.asp, there are 5 steps going to a bubble:

1. Displacement 2. Boom 3. Euphoria 4. Proffit taking 5. Panic

I think we are in step no. 2 Boom, as the global MCAP is not even in the trillions. Also, the mainstream adoption is still in its infancy (1% or so), but the idea is that we need to stay alert about the first signs of a bubble burst.

In which step do you think that we are in now?
What do you think that those first signs will it be?
What contingency plan would you implement?

Thanks

surfinonmyownwavebaby

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

Decentralized Ecosystem for User-Generated Content

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:59:02 AM

That is crazy to think we are only in the boom it feels like we are in phase 3 at the moment but I could be underestimating it. In any case there is a bubble present here I feel like it is going to pop sometime next year though not quite this year.

R E O S         [   A BLOCKCHAIN-BASED ECOSYSTEM FOR USER-GENERATED CONTENT   ]     JOIN NOW!
Introducing REOSchain™   |  The blockchain that digs out the true value of social media content

WHITEPAPER                    TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                     LINKEDIN                     GITHUB
furi

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:43:09 AM

Where's the bubble pop for computers? tvs? the internet?
That's just how consumption spreads nowadays. No bubble.
shahani

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:14:24 AM

In bitcoin, bubble will come every now and then. It is the part of bitcoin already, the word bubble is a graph system of price which adjusted day by day. Bubble word meaning burst and bloom, therefore bitcoin is a bubble, sometimes price high and sometimes going down. We really accept the reallity of what bitcoin is.

╔═██|   investaco.in   |██═════  Pre ICO : May 1st, 2018  ═╗
╚  JOIN THE NEW BREED WHO WILL INHERIT THE DIGITAL EARTH!  ╝
copperminer

Activity: 49

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:18:31 AM

i think we are still early in the beginning. We are basically in the "we have some good ideas what to do" stage.
There are some good ones but basically somtimes not even a working prototype.
The next stage will be good working prototyes and after that comes the userbase Smiley
In total there should be atleast 5x - 7x growth.
Of course it could crash 50% and bounce back (that's what bitcoin is doing all the time).
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 672

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:29:06 AM

It is really hard to see when Bitcoin's bubble will pop as we are now seeing that traders of Bitcoin are now profit taking so its price goes down regularly but in every situation it recovers and goes to a new high that is why it is hard to see what stage is Bitcoin on now. A bubble is usually on a one time event that when it goes down it will mever go back up while Bitcoin we are seeing many opportunities to take profit and still buy to take on another profit taking.
BabyBoss

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:33:11 AM

According to this article: https://www.investopedia.com/articles/stocks/10/5-steps-of-a-bubble.asp, there are 5 steps going to a bubble:

I think we are in step no. 2 Boom, as the global MCAP is not even in the trillions. Also, the mainstream adoption is still in its infancy (1% or so), but the idea is that we need to stay alert about the first signs of a bubble burst.

Thanks

Well, I think almost this steps is just only become rotation. Well its the marketing pattern of bitcoin it is not only just boom or just only displacement but rather all of them are rotating in order to gain or lose the price. If it's all stick in displacement last year and this year are only to boom I don't think that there are ways to bitcoin to become more valuable and expensive. In order to gain more we must also experience the ups and downs of the market of bitcoin.
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:39:07 AM

Thanks

I also think we are in step number 2 and the bubble is still far away. The bubbles may actually happened some were in 2023 according to my own analysis and reviews. Bitcoin has not been adopted by mainstream media and online mainstream retail shops and I believe between now and then we are going to experience a very great change that is going to couse a lot of adoption and progress. I have a dream that Bitcoin is going to go as high as $60,000 in 2018.
dektox

Activity: 114
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:48:22 PM

It is easy to tell that we are in bubble

But nobody will tell you precisely when the bubble will burst. Maybe it is on the verge, maybe, it is only beginning.

My personal judgment is 2019-2023.
Chyton

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:50:21 PM

Basically, by looking at the price graphs, all of us know that we are heading to a bubble territory. The price for crypto is increasing exponentially (which is bad for long-term). As always, no one can predict a bubble so just enjoy the ride and never invest what you can't afford to lose.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
wireless1889

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:21:25 PM

I think it would never happen, It just a beginning of cryptomarket to boom and bitcoin is just starting to change our world. The bubble ? is it really coming ? or we're just worried about that bitcoin will not be in the trend anymore ? and seeing it falling?
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 01:35:58 PM

To be honest this is repetitive cycle of bitcoin and many known crypto currencies. The displacement has to be there which brings attention of new comers and gives excitement amongst the old investors. Tis causes the inward investment opportunities for the bitcoin and thus it starts getting bigger in the terms of market capitals. Once the market reaches specific level then the BTC explodes with ATH prices and we see all the profit taking out there. This follows with the panic selling drama that continues for the next few months and then we see the downward movement of the bitcoin. To be honest currently we are in the same phase and the downward movement that we are seeing is going to vanish soon. So we shall be ready to displacement phase and better strait investing into BTC. :-)

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

Pixyoxx

Activity: 291
Merit: 119

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:36:14 PM

Well for sure I do think that a bubble will come but not right now since we already saw one in the December and January session and Bitcoin is now recovering from everything it's quite stable and I do think that one more step needs to be added here and I that is recovery.

I do think that this is what we are in right now .
Panic and everything else has passed and till March no high is to be expected.
Transformer0101

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

https://saturn.black

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:10:21 PM

Thanks

Agree with you to the account of what is now in 2 steps. In the end, nobody can give an answer, whether it is the future money, or just a “Bubble”

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
JMD07

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:28:10 PM

Nobody knows when this bubble will burst.
Yeah honestly when it's going to pump up, it's getting crazier on the small time investors because it's a sign of bubbles.
As long as the whales are getting profits every time a bull run happens. Then this cycles continues..
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:34:56 PM

Thanks

The mystery about all these steps is that, no one knows the time. A lot of those steps that have been itemised over the years actually came into play after the event has happened and that does not solve any problem or avoid any. Concerning bitcoin, its hard to state this is the time we are exaclty because depending on how one looked at it. In the past couple of years when the price of bitcoin jumped from some cents to some amount of dollars, a lot of people would have said its a time of boom and we are moving to the next stage but the issue is it seems we have not left the boom stage because from the few dollars, we went to few hundreds of dollars to few thousands and now in the fifteen thousand region.

For me, I would still say we in the growing region because the penetration has not gotten to the point where people would know about it that the fall will affect almost every family ( the crash of 2008 comes to mind), and because the potential is still there. When we are able to live that region, we can then talk about boom and every other stages that follows.
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:39:01 PM

Yeah this is what happening over the time I believe. What you are suggesting here is true upto the mark. I think for bitcoin to become the bubble it needs to undergo elevated upgrades or changes in short. I mean if bitcoin shows up the power of its utilisation in the first place then it can be real thing or achievement for it. Otherwise most of the analyst around the world call it as bubble already. The boom step that you are depicting here is actually done already when the bitcoin past the prices and market cap of 200 Billion dollar last year. Because that was unimaginable MCAP for it and no one ever imagined that it will happen for next ten years which happened in snapshot! However, the trillion dollar market would be actual bubble that has yet to come and who knows another euphoria this year might just take us one step closer to that one too. So yeah, your five steps are what we need to achieve to get to that bubble and the reality later on.
nidacoinlove

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:13:37 PM

Right now I think we are in the last stage of the bubble. I honestly don't like to say it a bubble but according to the classification, yes we are in a panic situation. Bitcoin price has dropped to $14605 according to coin market cap. Currently the newbies might be in a trouble. But this is how bitcoin works and only bitcoin but the whole crypto system. After a long when bitcoiners were quite happy to see the price touching a price of $17K once again it busted.
These are just periodic changes in bitcoin that occurs quite frequently, predicting it to when will a pump or a dump happen is not easy at all. For me it's time to wait and watch so, to buy at the least available price.
btcmayumana

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:38:13 PM

If bubble means price dropped, i won't agree at all. It's normally people taking profit from investing and buy back when price low, but it is not trouble. No body know when it pump and will dump, but since this Bitcoin has been changes to stored value, so panic selling are would be signal to get big problem.
hackzang12

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:57:16 PM

I think bitcoin is not a bubble. It's a massive adoption people want it because the technology behind bitcoin is very powerful and that's why the price keeps increasing so I dont see it as a bubble.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: