Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 10:13:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How split funds for long term  (Read 164 times)
redigaffi (OP)

Activity: 142
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:31:38 AM

Hello, suppose I have $2000 sitting around in the bank, I want to invest them in crypto, my questions:

- How many coins should I buy?
- How to assess the coins to select the best ones
- Cheap coins or expensive?
- Big markets, or low markets?

I've done day trading before, and turned it into profit, but seeing some threads of people, (turning $10k into $1m) I've seen that the real potential is in holding.

I think a good portfolio with this amount would be 4 coins each of them 25% of the capital.

- Iota
- Ripple
- Zcash
- Monero

But I think the real potential is in cheap coins, because they can multiply their value really easy.

Earn Money With Skill while having fun, Answer this 6 questions and get a bonus when the project get's launched:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdCRubC4wu4seHYdDqiZDFsXizqaViUnOtE5sZcx3spjGc84A/viewform
man22555

Activity: 430
Merit: 251

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:54:16 PM

But I think the real potential is in cheap coins, because they can multiply their value really easy.
That's correct & you should consider this for your portfolio.

Personally, i would buy more coins than just 4. Maybe around 10 (so 200$ each coin).
Now i recommend to diversify by marketcap. Like Ripple & IOTA for the ones with big cap; Stratis, Waves & Komodo for a middle cap; Zcoin, Shift and Pascalcoin for the ones with low cap (just an example!).

Most important: Do a lot of research about the coins and decide by your own which to buy.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
ignorans

Activity: 101
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:06:58 PM

Most important: Do a lot of research about the coins and decide by your own which to buy.
[/quote]

Completely agree. But I think for the long-term, a portfolio cannot lack BTC and ETH
ruzadovec

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:12:09 PM

1/2 you buy bitcoin because it will help you long term profit:
1/4 hold altcoin.
1/4 trade coin for profit.
quantumcomputing11

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

Highest ROI crypto infrastructure

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:16:31 PM

Cheap coins don't matter it is the ROI that matters in the end. I like all the picks you have except Ripple, and even then you can get into Ripple but perhaps right now is not the best time for entry.

redigaffi (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:21:58 PM

That's correct & you should consider this for your portfolio.

Personally, i would buy more coins than just 4. Maybe around 10 (so 200$ each coin).
Now i recommend to diversify by marketcap. Like Ripple & IOTA for the ones with big cap; Stratis, Waves & Komodo for a middle cap; Zcoin, Shift and Pascalcoin for the ones with low cap (just an example!).

Thanks a lot, yea, a lot of research should be done, but splitting into 10? that's a lot, my porftolio is not that big, i dont know if this is good idea.

Completely agree. But I think for the long-term, a portfolio cannot lack BTC and ETH
[/quote]

Hum, having bitcoins... But they're expensive, even ETH, I don't know if it's worth, but yes, long long long term would definitively be profitable.
1/2 you buy bitcoin because it will help you long term profit:
1/4 hold altcoin.
1/4 trade coin for profit.

I was thinking to destinate 10% of funds to day-trading, but i'm not sure about it, would it really bring any benefits?

Earn Money With Skill while having fun, Answer this 6 questions and get a bonus when the project get's launched:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdCRubC4wu4seHYdDqiZDFsXizqaViUnOtE5sZcx3spjGc84A/viewform
redigaffi (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:24:22 PM

Cheap coins don't matter it is the ROI that matters in the end. I like all the picks you have except Ripple, and even then you can get into Ripple but perhaps right now is not the best time for entry.

I have to do some more research on that, but that's true, at the end the coin really doesn't matter, it's the ROI.

Recently i found some inspirational posts, turning 10k into 1m, and reading that i've seen that holding has a lot more potential than just daytrading.

Man21

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:25:40 PM

Hello, suppose I have $2000 sitting around in the bank, I want to invest them in crypto, my questions:

I've done day trading before, and turned it into profit, but seeing some threads of people, (turning $10k into $1m) I've seen that the real potential is in holding.

I think a good portfolio with this amount would be 4 coins each of them 25% of the capital.

- Iota
- Ripple
- Zcash
- Monero

I think you can splite your fund into 5 altcoin that you really like it. So you have 20% each altcoin.
I think about the cheap or expensive and low or high market cap, all about the risk you are afford to loss.
herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:39:23 PM

- Iota
- Ripple
- Zcash
- Monero

You should use only $ 1.000 ( half ) from your fund, buy using all fund is not recommended, even you have great strategy. You can split depend any analyze but most people will split ( buy ) only two coin. Too many coin will make you not focus and sometimes not disciplines ( my private experience ). Just buy coin you need, meaning you understand how their price moving and volume. For me, buy Ripple and Monero is good option. Have a nice day.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
germa66

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:47:24 PM

I really agree with that because the real potential is to hold a coin, buy some coins that have good potential then hold it. I prefer coin which has some satoshi price.

redigaffi (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:38:04 AM

- Iota
- Ripple
- Zcash
- Monero

You should use only $ 1.000 ( half ) from your fund, buy using all fund is not recommended, even you have great strategy. You can split depend any analyze but most people will split ( buy ) only two coin. Too many coin will make you not focus and sometimes not disciplines ( my private experience ). Just buy coin you need, meaning you understand how their price moving and volume. For me, buy Ripple and Monero is good option. Have a nice day.

Hey, that money is money i have spared and i don't need. So i think i can go with 1500€

I really agree with that because the real potential is to hold a coin, buy some coins that have good potential then hold it. I prefer coin which has some satoshi price.

Yes, my ideal coin would be atleast top 20 in coinmarketcap and cheaper than 1.50$ with a big marketcap.

But the problem, when to buy in? It is difficult because i won't buy in highs, i have to wait dip, so i can't purchase all at once, how do you manage de buy's in?

pawanjain

Activity: 2702
Merit: 715

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:18:28 AM

Yes, my ideal coin would be atleast top 20 in coinmarketcap and cheaper than 1.50$ with a big marketcap.

But the problem, when to buy in? It is difficult because i won't buy in highs, i have to wait dip, so i can't purchase all at once, how do you manage de buy's in?
You are going in the right track mate. The coins should at least be in the top 20 from the list in coinmarketcap. Low price coins have more potential gain than expensive coins. You must surely wait for the dips as buying in the highs will give you more risks and if the coin falls in price then most of your investment will drop in value. If you are not sure how much % of your investment you should allocate to your coins then you should just divide it equally. Do keep a portion of your investment in BTC as most of the new traders forget that. You will find it's benefit in future.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
TorbiK

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Diagon

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:23:00 AM

If I were you, I would have made half the port of Bitcoin and Etherium in equal shares or whatever you like. If you want to earn on altcoins and tokens, it's better to try to invest in ICO.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
newinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:50:46 AM

First divide your funds into 10 parts , hold 2 parts in bitcoin investment and rest 8 parts - buy diff coins as you mentioned

Check graps , news about particular , what predictors saying read articles , know about dev of that coin.

Whatever its depend on how popular that coin is and what will be future prediction

check how much supply circulating in market and how much total supply they have
redigaffi (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:17:02 AM

First divide your funds into 10 parts , hold 2 parts in bitcoin investment and rest 8 parts - buy diff coins as you mentioned

Check graps , news about particular , what predictors saying read articles , know about dev of that coin.

Whatever its depend on how popular that coin is and what will be future prediction

check how much supply circulating in market and how much total supply they have

Thank you! what do you mean with graps??

My criteria to choose a coin would be:

- Top 20 in coinmarket cap
- Market cap > $1m usd
- Price below 1.50 / 1 usd
- Solid team behind (how could I research this point?)
- What solutions it offers? solid ones? realistic ones?
- Is it a fork of bitcoin/ethereum?
- How many news stream has the coin?
- Sentiment of the coin (would be nice to use a sentiment analyzer http://apidemo.theysay.io/)

Is this a good criteria?

I'm a developer, I could write an app that chose's potential coins automatically based on a specific criteria.

redigaffi (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:09:25 PM

Maybe I could add another criteria:

- Contributors in github repository
- Number of commits per day or week.

What do you think?

cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:34:01 PM

- Iota
- Ripple
- Zcash
- Monero

Yes, you are right because investing money in to 4 coins based on 25% each is a very good decision. You can now buy them cheap and hold them for a year or more. Once you hold them for year your money would multiply many times as they adds more value over time. But If I were you I'll invest in the following altcoins: Ripple, IOTA, TRON, and Verge.
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:49:26 PM

- With $2K, I would suggest 4-5.
- TA (Technical Analysis) is best way, dumpings and pumps could easily predicted doing few minutes study of charts. Binance's charts are best for TA. Else keep eyes on news and buzz.
- Hardly matters. Both can burst.
- Always go for Big Market coins.

Yes. Under $1 coins are best way to double, tripple or even more in short time period say 1-2 weeks. For example, XVG, TRX, etc. Just keep sure coin is really worthy and has big cap to sustain big rise. Else market will crash easily.
SixOfFive

Activity: 630
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:02:17 AM

- Iota
- Ripple
- Zcash
- Monero

-With $2000 you can invest with 5 coins. Portfolio with 5 coins will be the good enough to increase the profit.  Select coins with different concept. Your selected portfolio seems to fine. Go for cheap coins, it has more potential to rise. Go for Big market cap coins, they are more safer than these shit coins.

You can also consider DASH, NEM and Kucoin shares, in my opinion they got the huge potential to grow.
tranduc2101

Activity: 333
Merit: 10

Lifestyle & Wellness Platform

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:45:11 AM

- Iota
- Ripple
- Zcash
- Monero

I advise you not to invest in Bitcoin and this time because it is too risky. You can buy ETH or TRON as two very potential Altcoin you can buy into a holding for a long time.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: