Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:10:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Litecoinpool been "having issues" the past two days, or has my L3+?  (Read 124 times)
litmus (OP)

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:33:10 AM

I have had a humongous reduction of shares registered and really decreased payout the past two days on Litecoinpool with an L3+.

The drop off has been from .22 LTC daily to .08 (for the last two days).

The unit is remote (and the VPN to access it's DHCP assigned IP to reach the interface is a hassle), so I'll have to visit it tomorrow, but before I make the trip to this particular "electricity providing lair", does anyone have any experience themselves the past two days or recently with Litecoinpool "acting up" as well?

I've done a search forum wide for "Litecoinpool" and have come up with nothing, which isn't encouraging that the issue is on their side Wink ; and their tech support is very responsive, but when I checked in last week about the worker reporting very oddly high hashing values (as if it had just connected and not "settled out" yet), but they reported no issues or disconnections, beyond the one real disconnection as I pulled its connection from the new Cisco switch at this site (which I thought might also be the source of the issue), and then reconnected it (in a different port, just in case...) trying to troubleshoot.

Tech support saw the one real disconnection\reconnection cycle by checking the log for me, but nothing else. I had also seen the reported speed go to 0, sporadically as well, but with the number remaining green, as if it was still "connected".

So to recap because I'm so long winded:

Previously I had been running with earnings of 0.223~ every day, for weeks.

Is it the miner (most likely, and I will check it out tomorrow) or has Litecoinpool been acting up?

I really wish there were recent posts about sporadic "reported speed irregularities"... Wink    Well here's to hoping my new unit isn't slowly destroying itself and the network connection is somehow sporadically failing...

Thanks in advance for any word.

edit: Adding image url of the earnings drop off for more impact - https://ibb.co/gTAVRm

the last cutoff column in the image is the Rewards...(but if you have my answer you already know that - but this is a forum and even those that don't know the answer are welcome to follow along Wink
Also the PPS went to 102% .... is that relevant to the number of shares this unit generated?
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
litmus (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:51:41 PM

I guess this wasn't the best forum to ask this question in, judging by the response so far. Things have only worsened by the way, if anyone else is having the same issue and would like to go over it.
fvineyard

Activity: 135
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:14:30 PM

My recent daily production for a single L3+ is around .062 to .068 per day @ litecointpool.org.

Hopefully that helps.
litmus (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:35:33 AM

I appreciate the information. I'm going to dig into this deeper tomorrow. My 24 hour average is also 0.0696; Really disappointing, and I'm "this close" to voiding the warranty.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:59:33 PM

Issue seems to be on your end, my A2 farm has seen a slight INCREASE in income the last week or so (difficulty dropped a hair twice on Litecoin in that timeframe).

I'm pulling in appx. 0.07 per day on appx 480 Mh/sec "at the pool" hash average, which should be very close to what a single L3+ manages.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
litmus (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:35:26 PM

Issue seems to be on your end, my A2 farm has seen a slight INCREASE in income the last week or so (difficulty dropped a hair twice on Litecoin in that timeframe).

I'm pulling in appx. 0.07 per day on appx 480 Mh/sec "at the pool" hash average, which should be very close to what a single L3+ manages.

Thank you, second every replier to my first ever thread. Definitely looking forward to digging into this mystery after "my real work" today. I too have seen an uptick in performance since my initial post. The Crypto gods are whimsical and maybe my offering (of my time, creating the post, haha) was a sufficient sacrifice?...and now my L3+ will behave itself for a time?  I work in tech and sometimes "the things" are fickle ("failed board" working after being reseated...along those line...) and just want to be given some attention....

Very good to know your results at 480 MH/s. Thank you, Sir.

My 24h rewards have been 0.0719, with an average speed of 495.2 MH/s.

I see that the PPS% has risen to 103. I'd going to have to dig in deeper to understand the dip in productivity... And maybe just spend more time not understanding as it happens again and again until I get it, but for right this moment I'm happy riding the up curve of the sine wave. Thanks.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:32:10 AM

Don't bother looking at short-term variations - that's normal and expected depending on your luck in finding shares.
Look at the 24 hour trend.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
litmus (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:55:54 AM

Just to circle back on this - my initial concern is no longer present. My rewards have trended upward of an average of .22 ltc per "reward interval" -( not always 24h?).
 I'm still confident in Litecoinpool, and I'm glad to see my rig is still running within normal ranges.
 The 3 day dip (that became a 5 day dip) that prompted me to post originally has passed. I'll give it a few month of operation on this pool to get a better idea of the highs and lows before I worry again, as the MH/s rate has "evened" out too, no longer claiming "0" for long stretches with bursts near 1000 MH/s.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: