Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:05:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you explain me how ICO and ERC-20 token work ?  (Read 103 times)
KryptoQuant (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:55:37 AM

Hi,
I would like to get more information about how an ERC-20 token and an ICO works.

There is the token itself and a crowd sale contract associated, so I have the following question, sorry if it sound very basic or completely wrong.

o   If I’m interested in an ICO, I register on the ICO website, once in the user dashboard I will see an ETH address and I will send my ETH to this adress right  ?
o   From which ETH wallet should I send it ? Do you know one for mac which handle ETH and ERC-20  ?
o   Will I immediately get my new token on my ETH wallet ? Or will I get it in the end of the ICO ? Do I have to do something to receive or it’s automatic ?
o   How can I monitor the ICO, I mean is it possible to check the wallet where I send my ETH on etherscan.io, just to see first how much they raised ?
o   Is it also possible to see the detail on etherscan for the ERC-20 token I received or will receive?
o   What details the user dashboard usually show ? Will I see  how I much ETH I send and how much ERC-20 I got back ? 
o   If the ICO has a crowd sale contract which state the hard cap is 3 million, does it mean that if the cap isn’t reach I’ll get back my ETH and send back the ETH I received ? Is it done automatically ?

Thank you for your help
MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:10:44 PM

Ethereum’s website lists the code you need to use to create a token.
You’ll download and open up the wallet app
Click “Deploy New Contract.”
From there, you’ll go through the basic steps of creating a token, like setting how many will exist.

Here's a good website for more information:

https://www.coinist.io/how-to-launch-an-ico-on-ethereum/

You can also check this site out:

https://www.coinist.io/list-your-token/

Hope this helps and good luck!
sabbathhawk

Activity: 266
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 05:11:30 PM
Merited by EcuaMobi (1)

Hi,
I would like to get more information about how an ERC-20 token and an ICO works.

There is the token itself and a crowd sale contract associated, so I have the following question, sorry if it sound very basic or completely wrong.

o   If I’m interested in an ICO, I register on the ICO website, once in the user dashboard I will see an ETH address and I will send my ETH to this adress right  ?
o   From which ETH wallet should I send it ? Do you know one for mac which handle ETH and ERC-20  ?
o   Will I immediately get my new token on my ETH wallet ? Or will I get it in the end of the ICO ? Do I have to do something to receive or it’s automatic ?
o   How can I monitor the ICO, I mean is it possible to check the wallet where I send my ETH on etherscan.io, just to see first how much they raised ?
o   Is it also possible to see the detail on etherscan for the ERC-20 token I received or will receive?
o   What details the user dashboard usually show ? Will I see  how I much ETH I send and how much ERC-20 I got back ? 
o   If the ICO has a crowd sale contract which state the hard cap is 3 million, does it mean that if the cap isn’t reach I’ll get back my ETH and send back the ETH I received ? Is it done automatically ?

Thank you for your help

Hello there

ERC-20 token is based on Ethereum network. Here is list of compatible ERC-20 wallets
Token compatible Ethereum wallet list:
https://tokenmarket.net/what-is/ethereum-token-wallets/
You can receive your tokens immediately or at the end of ICo it depends from smart contract.
Also you can see (monitor) all transactions and contributors through smart contract. All can be done with the help of etherscan.io just you need to know smart-contract
rest of details you need to check with ICO project team

Good luck

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3261

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:52:32 PM

no -one?

This is a Bitcoin forum. You will probably get better answers in an Ethereum forum, such as https://forum.ethereum.org/

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: