Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 07:46:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: should I be adding my private key to sign for an airdrop?  (Read 184 times)
mrlapes (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:30:01 AM

hi,

woke up to see RPX and TRX both have airdrops today - went through the process and then it asked me to sign the airdrop with my private key? (for both)

i thought you didnt share this with anyone? so im stalling at the min.

is it the norm to airdrop like this?

thanks

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:31:31 AM

signing a message with your private key is not the same as giving your private key to someone else.
signing is ok. giving it away is not! if anyone is asking for your private key, do NOT trust them. they want to scam you.

here is how you sign a message: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=990345.0

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
blue_id69

Activity: 266
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:39:01 AM

Sign up for airdrop required private key ? No, dont fill it, its 100% scam attempt. But your question little bit ambiguous if you required to SIGN message just do it. But never give your private key for sign up to an airdrop. Especially you got it from your email.
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 11:43:19 AM

Please any thing to do with private key you have to be very careful with it. Any website insisting on signing with your private must be of security concern. Remember your private key is your password.

HOMT

Powered by,
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:45:37 AM

woke up to see RPX and TRX both have airdrops today - went through the process and then it asked me to sign the airdrop with my private key? (for both)
thanks
Avoid those airdrops that require you to include your private key when signing up to get free coins, that's bullshit and that is definitely a 100% scam. Private key is the only access to have control of your coins, giving it to other people is like giving your pass code on your bank account. Sadly there are still uneducated people who don't know the importance of their private key, and still continues to sign up on those shitty scam airdrops. Lets say that they really give you the airdrop coin, but the consequences of that is they can take it from you anytime including does token that is stored in your wallet.
ugottab

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:47:33 AM

Uhm, how do I put this.....NEVER!!!
Thardz07

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:59:34 AM

You dont need to sign in with your private key in airdrops, or else you will be hacked. Dont ever share your private keys in any sites, if you should, it means suicide. Only the hackers will be benifits with your profits.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:05:28 PM

I won't go for an airdrop which ask my private key, sounds like a scam. You have so much more that do not require your private key. That would be a pity to be scammed. I recommend you to look at other airdrops

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
airdrophunter

Activity: 434

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:07:38 PM

hi,

thanks

That's total garbage of an airdrop asking for your private key. It's a SCAM and phishing site to be exact so get yourself out of there or you will lose all your coins in your wallet.

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                          
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
Freddoe

Activity: 168

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:09:06 PM

You are talking about an airdrop of the two most shilled coins in the market (this is a red flag alone) and the two most overvalued imo. But never give away your private key. I stay away from airdrops that askes for: Privatekey, phonenumber or email. It's not to hard to install a phising program by just asking you to click a link to accept the airdrop. Remember: Only the paranoid survive!

STIKS1911

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:15:09 PM

Never, ever give your private key to anyone! Very often letters can come to the mailbox, as if it is a airdrops and ask for a private key when registering, but be aware of this scammers. It's definitely not worth participating in such airdrops.

Biscutard

Activity: 759
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:34:43 PM

Never ever give your private key to anyone if the airdrop that are joining is asking you to put your private key, it is confirmed that it is a scam. Your private key is like your password, never ever give it to them or else you will end up regretting your decision. I've been to any airdrop before but none of them ask my private key and if someone i don't go in because it is probably a scam.
Trixie28

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:37:43 PM

No you should not fill up a airdrop whos requirement was your private key It is a scam your wallet will be get.phishing site.Always remember that no one can ever know your privatekey except you.
Chaaastity

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:37:46 PM

hi,

thanks

no don't gave them your private key. just the public address is enough. if they ask for the private key then think twice.
mrlapes (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:38:29 PM

Please, enter the private key of your ETH wallet .....
in order to automatically sign the special encrypted message that will verify that it is actually your wallet.

i should of been more clear - its to sign for the airdrop not to get it to start with

what i dont understand is the airdrop is off their secure site?
3months18w

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:38:51 PM

hi,

thanks

Never show your private key to anyone at any time . I think you have met a fishing game . Never be caught by it.

ExchangeCoin

Activity: 77
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 12:47:01 PM

What I somebody creates a new wallet and then give those new private keys in order to receive airdrops?

I guess it depends on what are the Airdrop requirements.

Xult (https://xult.com) the only exchange that supports Google Assistant and Facebook Chatbot. 20 currencies, 69 trading pairs, 50% affiliate
meldrio1

Activity: 1358

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:52:02 PM

no, don't sign that kind of airdrop that you need put your private keys is not normal, stay away that is a scam airdrop, private keys is very important you don't need to share it, only public address, be careful to sign up airdrops only put the public address not the private keys.

ravedien

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:02:22 PM

its a clear scam mate, dont fall for it.
no one in their right mind will share their private key.
be greedy and lost everything you got.
mrlapes (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:05:16 PM

thanks everybody. disaster averted.

everycoin - i did think that myself 2 - setting up a new wallet, then signing the airdrop with those keys ?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: