Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:04:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Telegram plans multi-billion dollar ICO for chat cryptocurrency  (Read 102 times)
Namaste Coin (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 11:44:55 AM

Wow! Seems like it's about time!

"Durov’s idea is to launch an entirely new blockchain, using the Telegram’s 180 million users as rocket fuel to power forward into mainstream adoption off cryptocurrency and making Telegram, effectively, a kingmaker of other cryptocurrencies, because of its existing scale.

According to Telegram’s white paper that TechCrunch has review portions of, its cryptocurrency will be called “Gram” and could potentially gain immediate mainstream adoption by being tied to Telegram’s chat app."

https://techcrunch.com/2018/01/08/telegram-open-network/

They are building a whole new blockchain! Using the power of the users. Brilliant! But, if lots of large social platforms do the same thing, users may begin to experience slowed CPU performance when multiple sites are open..... ??
alex-nn

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

In Binance we trust!

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:18:08 PM

Durov tryes to monetize his unprofitable Telegram - smart guy!

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
Veterock

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:31:45 PM

Durov tryes to monetize his unprofitable Telegram - smart guy!

Why Telegram is unprofitable? I don't think so) Durov,as you say, very smart guy))
3months18w

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:36:38 PM

"Durov’s idea is to launch an entirely new blockchain, using the Telegram’s 180 million users as rocket fuel to power forward into mainstream adoption off cryptocurrency and making Telegram, effectively, a kingmaker of other cryptocurrencies, because of its existing scale.

According to Telegram’s white paper that TechCrunch has review portions of, its cryptocurrency will be called “Gram” and could potentially gain immediate mainstream adoption by being tied to Telegram’s chat app."

They are building a whole new blockchain! Using the power of the users. Brilliant! But, if lots of large social platforms do the same thing, users may begin to experience slowed CPU performance when multiple sites are open..... ??
How could a blockchain based chat tool reach such market cap like multi-billion dollar?

Sundark

Activity: 560
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:41:37 PM

I always admired Durov. Russian government was pushing on him but he literally survived. For me Telegram is the best thing ever created for messaging. I understand that developing such project is too expensive thus monetization is vital and I'm happy that Durov had chosen such way instead of making in-app purchases. Bravo, Pavel!
Bitcoininspace

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:43:38 PM

Just imagine when it really will happen how it will converts the world of social networks! Telegrams is one of the most popular messengers and when it'll move to the crypto then it will be the most advanced! I hope this is not for the sake of hype.  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: