Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:38:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency ICOs... What's everyones opinion!?  (Read 130 times)
cryptoash (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:19:34 PM

Hey guys and gals..

I'm just getting into the cryptocurrency world (hey!) and have finally got my head around most of the terms.. Including ICOs!

What's everyones opinion of Initial Coin Offerings, Pre-ICOs, waiting for things to just list and seeing how it goes?

You see so much social media noise it's sometimes difficult to tell what's good and bad. Hence, I figured I'd go out to the loyal community and get all of your experience Smiley

Personally, I've looked at IcoDrops and CoinStarter, and love CoinStarter for the interface and general information.. Are there other tools out there people are using? Is there even any point using the tools; should we just ignore ICOs altogether? Thoughts?

https://icodrops.com/
https://coinstarter.com/

This is my first ever post, so apologies if I've missed some rules etc.

(Oh, and I'm on Twitter if anyone wants to link up. I'm going to try and deliver some helpful beginners content of how I've started getting in to the Crypto world.. Would also love some support from the fellow community! @cryptoash1)

Have a great day,
cryptoash

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tlustoprd

Activity: 82

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 01:24:06 PM

I think ICOs are a great way of making free money. You promise that your coin will conquer the world, collect money from gullible folks, then run away with the funds and disappear forever on some nice tropical island you just bought with all that money. Smiley
bribed

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:41:37 PM

Well, ICO's are a totally new territory in the world of investments. I do think that there is a lot of work to be done like setting regulatory framework for ICO's to become a sustainable investment model. These days there are a lot of scams popping up each other day to raise funds for mere ideas that might never become a reality. Some folks might try to implement their idea but dont have the practical skills, some others might never even try after collecting the funds. Thats why we need some sort of global regulation on this. Thats my point of view.
cryptoash (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:42:38 PM

Haha love it  Grin Thanks for the reply.

Have you invested in any ICOs of note?
I'm just getting started into these things properly - would love advice on what to look for etc.

Really excited about all the altcoins coming into the market - personally I think there are some great (and NOT so great) coins in circulation!

Cheers,

I think ICOs are a great way of making free money. You promise that your coin will conquer the world, collect money from gullible folks, then run away with the funds and disappear forever on some nice tropical island you just bought with all that money. Smiley
cryptoash (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:48:48 PM

Well, ICO's are a totally new territory in the world of investments. I do think that there is a lot of work to be done like setting regulatory framework for ICO's to become a sustainable investment model. These days there are a lot of scams popping up each other day to raise funds for mere ideas that might never become a reality. Some folks might try to implement their idea but dont have the practical skills, some others might never even try after collecting the funds. Thats why we need some sort of global regulation on this. Thats my point of view.

Completely agree. From what I've seen it's like the wild west out here!

That's partly the reason I think something like CoinStarter has an edge in the ICO game. If they can regulate the ICOs that are listed, and work as a single gateway to validate genuine ICOs against all the scammy duplicates (DADI for example  Grin). Quite a lot of responsibility for one organisation though. Would be great for a more global approach - SEC etc to outline guidelines.
tlustoprd

Activity: 82

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 02:40:57 PM

Haven't invested yet, not sure if I will ever invest, but I don't think it's necessarily a bad idea to invest in ICOs. I'd say doing a background check on the project pays off. I remember reading some article somewhere (probably something like "how to ensure ICO is not a fraud"). It mentioned some good tips, such as looking if the project has a whitepaper, if there are real people behind this (as opposed to some anonymous project). I think there are a plenty of promising ICOs that fulfill those criteria, but still I wouldn't invest in them. I might try airdrops though.

I'm just getting started into these things properly - would love advice on what to look for etc.

Really excited about all the altcoins coming into the market - personally I think there are some great (and NOT so great) coins in circulation!

Cheers,

cryptoash (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:45:17 PM

I've seen a few sporadic posts on this airdrop thing.. Clearly not the Apple version  Roll Eyes
Would you be able to point me in a good direction of an explanation "for dummies"? Thanks so much!
(I've found airdropalert which seems related, but nothing concrete)

Haven't invested yet, not sure if I will ever invest, but I don't think it's necessarily a bad idea to invest in ICOs. I'd say doing a background check on the project pays off. I remember reading some article somewhere (probably something like "how to ensure ICO is not a fraud"). It mentioned some good tips, such as looking if the project has a whitepaper, if there are real people behind this (as opposed to some anonymous project). I think there are a plenty of promising ICOs that fulfill those criteria, but still I wouldn't invest in them. I might try airdrops though.

Cheers,

Ten.technology

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:46:42 PM

I have not invested yet but I see ICO as a form of calling for capital to make ideas and dreams pretty good. If you want to invest very carefully
AstaYuno

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 03:48:56 PM

ICOs are good opportunities for investors to gain and invest on products that would help the crypto community
ramzhies

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:54:56 PM

just beware of scams..
vicdabic

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:08:28 PM

much like any investment opportunity, there is always a chance you get burned.  Invest wisely and do your homework.  Thee is not a big difference between ICO's and Kickstarters.
John Cryp

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

Innovation Powered by Crypto

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:28:16 AM

In the meanwhile get your #CoinMetro tokens! A brand new exchange with lots of services and fiat trading! #blockchain #ico For 2,5% extra coins on your first transaction use this ref link
https://go.coinmetro.com/?refId=5a5147d8d65dee51251cb927

Dhanushka

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 06:28:20 AM

I think investing on ICO is the best way to make money. If you can find out a good project with big potential. Then invest on it's ICO rather than buying when it is mooning. Definitely you will win. When you are searching for good project search mainly about project team and read their white paper carefully. Then you can get better understanding about the project...

Cutieepooh

Activity: 106

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 07:12:42 AM

Yes it is good option to invest in crypto ICO. But you have to study the project, team members background, the project popularity, social media activities, announcements then you decide.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: