Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:13:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: freecashsoftware com scam  (Read 566 times)
giszmo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 11:44:32 PM

Hi,

freecashsoftware com actually got me to visit their site. I thought I can investigate their facebook page to carefully analyze what's going on but the click-video-reflex was stronger than my caution. I instantly closed the tab before anything visual loaded but I'm still scared. Any of the uber-geeks mind investigating? I wgot the index.html and it clearly has some obfuscated shit in it so I reported it to facebook but maybe somebody else feels more inclined to hurt this scammer before we read stolen wallet reports.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 11:47:46 PM

Anything with cash in it's name is usually an indicator of a scam.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
giszmo (OP)
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 11:58:03 PM

I knew it is a scam but I was curious to know if it is a stealer or just a scam that asks me politely to give them my money. I just visited the page (btcrobot com is where it forwards me to) in a virtual machine and with this lengthy video and design and stuff it feels much more like a regular scam but I'm still scared. VM restored snapshot and yeah, I'm scared something creeped out of the vm thanx to full desktop integration.

WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 12:07:00 AM

Don't worry, site is clean but yeah it's a scam site.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4523

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 12:09:22 AM

I knew it is a scam but I was curious to know if it is a stealer or just a scam that asks me politely to give them my money. I just visited the page (btcrobot com is where it forwards me to) in a virtual machine and with this lengthy video and design and stuff it feels much more like a regular scam but I'm still scared. VM restored snapshot and yeah, I'm scared something creeped out of the vm thanx to full desktop integration.

from what i can see the freecashsoftware.com site is just a video intro.. no hidden downloads of viruses etc. and from the video it appears to be a give me your bitcoin and ill trade it on the micro ramps/dumps (day trading)

this doesnt prove if it is a scam or not.. but if you have ever come across pirate@40's sales pitch, you would easily start smelling something fishy here too.

remember bitcoin is YOUR money, in YOUR possession. so don't give it to people with the pretence that they can give you profit back. because that is what banks have been telling 'savers' for many decades.

and if you decide to risk it. atleast know exactly who you are dealing with, so that you can slap then with a wet fish or a court order if it all goes wrong.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
giszmo (OP)
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 12:15:28 AM

Thank you guys for looking into it.

I am 100% sure this is a scam and would bet 1BTC vs. 0.1BTC that I'm right and actually I felt strong about this even before going to the facebook page but I wanted to report it to help those fools that discredit bitcoin for people stealing their money with ordinary scams but unfortunately bitcoin always has this risk of wallet stealers that might hide in whatever. Maybe the server serves different content depending on whether you are using IE or FF, debian or mac, ... Maybe they serve the stealer only once they have big traffic.

ɃɃ
eurobitcoin

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 08:52:38 AM

Of course Btcrobot is not a scam. Why would we be? we don't accept any money or deposits, we only sell you software license. You are trading independently at BTC-e like you would trade manually or with any other system.
We also have a full 60 day money back guarantee.

If you have questions PM me or send support email

P.S. We are still hammered by a strong DDOS so our site is slow at times. It does not affect your trading VPS as they are on different machines but salespage could be slow.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: