Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:38:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just updated Electrum 3.05 wallet. and its not working . somebody please help  (Read 227 times)
tariqkhan (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:33:08 PM

I just updated my electrum wallet from version 2.9 to 3.05. But upon opening the shortcut of the electrum wallet i am getting this System Error.  " The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem]".

I reinstall but getting the sane system error. I have used Window Installer to update the electrum wallet.

Any suggestion will be helpful.

P.S. Iam also getting a fatal error "Error loading python DLL. C/program files(x86)\Electrum\python35dll Loadlibrary The specific module can't be found.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xdrpx

Activity: 616
Merit: 603

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:58:17 PM
Merited by Kakmakr (1)

I think as per the electrum's download page (it says in the note - Note: Some old versions of Windows might need to install the KB2999226 Windows update.) you may need to install KB2999226 which is an update for universal C runtime - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2999226/update-for-universal-c-runtime-in-windows

If you don't have Windows C++ redistributable you can download and run this - https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=52685

Let me know if it still doesn't work after this.

Edit: I also feel the python35.dll issue could also be because of KB2999226 missing as I remembered facing this issue before I had not installed the update.
CONANEDO

Activity: 404
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:38:35 PM

I just updated my electrum wallet from version 2.9 to 3.05. But upon opening the shortcut of the electrum wallet i am getting this System Error.  " The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem]".

I reinstall but getting the sane system error. I have used Window Installer to update the electrum wallet.

P.S. Iam also getting a fatal error "Error loading python DLL. C/program files(x86)\Electrum\python35dll Loadlibrary The specific module can't be found.

yes i also have the same problem just like you both error,i tried like 40 times-50 times download new versions electrum but it's not working.i think rather than panicking about this i will transfer all my Bitcoin to exchange,no more download for me or update to my window.

from the Windows Standalone Executable i can open the new version but not install in my computer.i will transfer my BTC from there.

i though electrum is more safer but there is not safe wallet.so i will not using electrum wallet until i hear all clear. 
keyboard warrior

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:35:01 PM

I just updated my electrum wallet from version 2.9 to 3.05. But upon opening the shortcut of the electrum wallet i am getting this System Error.  " The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem]".

yes i also have the same problem just like you both error,i tried like 40 times-50 times download new versions electrum but it's not working.i think rather than panicking about this i will transfer all my Bitcoin to exchange,no more download for me or update to my window.

from the Windows Standalone Executable i can open the new version but not install in my computer.i will transfer my BTC from there.

i though electrum is more safer but there is not safe wallet.so i will not using electrum wallet until i hear all clear.  

Exchanges aren't any safer. Read the bitcointalk exchanges board and check if the exchange you are considering using has problems. Most of them are so overloaded with new users that they can't cope. This is the exchanges board.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=223.0

If you have a problem with an exchange its support can sometimes take months to reply. This is an example of a support ticket that poloniex took four months to fix.

Support Ticket #146059 (BTC Withdrawal )  is still not being updated by the support staff since Last May, It is still Being Processed since 39 days 12 hours ago. And no feedback has been received since I reported it.

This got sorted a few days ago. Finally.

JH7752

Activity: 15
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:01:41 AM

If I have the same problem and it does not solve me in any way I have had it with the versions after the 2.9 try to download the windows patch says it is not for my computer and download the content of the second link and ran well of the same host does not solve the error with electrum will touch move the funds
CONANEDO

Activity: 404
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:18:37 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2018, 07:31:17 AM by CONANEDO

I just updated my electrum wallet from version 2.9 to 3.05. But upon opening the shortcut of the electrum wallet i am getting this System Error.  " The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem]".

Exchanges aren't any safer. Read the bitcointalk exchanges board and check if the exchange you are considering using has problems. Most of them are so overloaded with new users that they can't cope. This is the exchanges board.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=223.0

If you have a problem with an exchange its support can sometimes take months to reply. This is an example of a support ticket that poloniex took four months to fix.

Support Ticket #146059 (BTC Withdrawal )  is still not being updated by the support staff since Last May, It is still Being Processed since 39 days 12 hours ago. And no feedback has been received since I reported it.

This got sorted a few days ago. Finally.

i have transfer my fund with the way i told before and now i still need to wait because it's still unconfirmed transaction.thank you for telling me about exchanges problem,actually i know about exchange support is really slow because i am also an active trader.but i think my decision to move BTC to exchange is right because when i see,the fee is getting higher and higher everyday.

from exchange i can still  cash out my BTC with real fiat although my plan is hold bitcoin for long term but just in case if my exchange have problem i  will cash out.now bitcoin fee is expensive although i transfer from electrum it's still really expensive.

i think maybe the fee will increase to 0.01  in future so at least from my exchange now i can exchange to real money.i don't need to pay extra fee.

to tariqkhan you can open electrum wallet using the way i told before but it will not install in your computer,i only use this way to transfer my BTC.

After i wrote this my btc still unconfirmed transaction so this is worrying me.

edit=finally 1 confirmation after 30 minutes waiting.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: