Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:32:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Asus Prime Z270-A Error - No image with 2+ GPU  (Read 94 times)
Millime (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:42:10 PM

Hi Everyone!

I have an error with my Asus Prime Z270-a, it's the first time i encounter this problem, all my other rigs have been fine.
I connect one gpu via riser to the first pcie16x and my monitor is on the onboard hdmi port. I'm able to install windows, install the drivers for Rx580. I reboot the rig, everything is fine.
When I connect a second GPU via riser, I'm not able to get image via the onboard port. I see the mobo boot screen logo, but after that, my monitor go to sleep mode and nothing happens.
If I disconect the second gpu and only run with one gpu for booting, the image come back on my monitor and the amd drivers are still there and working correctly.

The things i've changed in the mobo bios are:
Primary Display: IGFX
IGPU Multi-Monitor: Disabled
Pcie speed: Auto
Hd Audio Controller: Disabled
Fast Boot: Enabled
4G: Enabled

GPU Bios are stocks

Does anyone have an idea on how to solve this issue ?
Thank you!
umine

Activity: 405
Merit: 136

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:05:00 PM

Hi Everyone!

I have an error with my Asus Prime Z270-a, it's the first time i encounter this problem, all my other rigs have been fine.
I connect one gpu via riser to the first pcie16x and my monitor is on the onboard hdmi port. I'm able to install windows, install the drivers for Rx580. I reboot the rig, everything is fine.
When I connect a second GPU via riser, I'm not able to get image via the onboard port. I see the mobo boot screen logo, but after that, my monitor go to sleep mode and nothing happens.
If I disconect the second gpu and only run with one gpu for booting, the image come back on my monitor and the amd drivers are still there and working correctly.

GPU Bios are stocks

Thank you!

Do you see an image via any of your external GPU?

Millime (OP)

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:45:38 PM

Hi Everyone!

GPU Bios are stocks

Thank you!

Do you see an image via any of your external GPU?

Yes I have an image from gpu 0 via hdmi, how could I switch the image back to the onboard port ?
Thank you!
Cajkan

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:46:19 PM

You must use GPU to view the screen, onboard will not work
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:32:32 PM

Hi Everyone!

GPU Bios are stocks

Thank you!

set the pcie speed to gen2. there are a bunch of posts with what settings to use to ensure this.

I found with the first 1x and the first 16x slots having risers, it outputs video via the 16x gpu (slot 1_2)

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:42:34 PM

You must use GPU to view the screen, onboard will not work
What are you talking about? Of course onboard will work, that's how most people run their intel rigs.

You don't need "above 4g decoding" for just 2 GPUs, so you may disable it for now. Do switch to gen 2 pci-e though, as was suggested above. Also there are at least 3 places in the BIOS where you set the pci-e speed, so change it from "auto/3" to "2" everywhere.
crocozino

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:49:05 PM

ok, here what should you try
1. remove all cards, except one - try it, will it work - if yes, try same with another one. if it works - then we now now all your cards are working
2. go to bios and update it to the fresh one. restart.
3.then turn off all unused ports(usb,serial,sata), controllers ( sata), sound card, turn on all PCE-E settings gen1 or Gen2
4. plug all cards, try to load windows, install drivers - you are good to go if failed - then I think the problem is in your riser card.
wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:53:57 PM

plug all cards, try to load windows, install drivers - you are good to go if failed - then I think the problem is in your riser card.
His problem is not having the output signal from the onboard Intel graphics when he connects the 2nd AMD GPU. How are the risers related to this?  Huh
Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 07:38:40 PM

Sounds like a bios update issue, you dont have the laters firmware. Try downloading it and flash it onto ur motherboard, then im sure you'll be fine mate! Dont worry so much, we got u on this forum bro.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: