Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 04:40:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: All crypto currency down :P  (Read 261 times)
buyandsale (OP)

Activity: 169
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:55:51 PM

is this the best time to buy now any currency its 8 th jan 2017 and just now seen all cryptos are down ...

cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:58:32 PM

This is the classic behaviour during a bitcoin dip, all alts go down too which proves there is no such thing as "safe from a bitcoin dip", you either hold bitcoin or you are holding something else which is heavily influenced by bitcoin price movements.

I guess it's a good time to buy, there's nothing to panic about, we are still on the bullish trendline, my guess is that we will renounce somewhere during the next 2 weeks and attempt an all time high.
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:05:42 PM

is this the best time to buy now any currency its 8 th jan 2017 and just now seen all cryptos are down ...

When you measuring values in USD, 95% coins will be red if BTC has a dip. Same can be seen today, BTC is down by $1500 and as a result most of the coins are red. Basic reason for this is that most of the exchanges trade cryptocurrencies taking BTC as base money. When base money itself declines, all cryptos which have valuation in base money will fall too.
Simply change base from 'USD' to 'BTC' from top and you will see more real picture.
sunsilk

Activity: 2954
Merit: 622

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:08:25 PM

Before the only thing everyone knows is when bitcoin is pumping, all alts are pulled down and pushing bitcoin to pump.

But on these days, it's totally different. Almost all cryptocurrencies are down and even bitcoin is down, majority altcoins are not that up instead they are also being pulled down.

It's different now from those early days of checking the market.

avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1509

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:10:24 PM

This is the classic behaviour during a bitcoin dip, all alts go down too which proves there is no such thing as "safe from a bitcoin dip", you either hold bitcoin or you are holding something else which is heavily influenced by bitcoin price movements.

I guess it's a good time to buy, there's nothing to panic about, we are still on the bullish trendline, my guess is that we will renounce somewhere during the next 2 weeks and attempt an all time high.

I second that statement. This is a normal occurrence in the crypto market and offers the best time to buy for both long term and short term profit seekers. Being liquid in nature crypto market fluctuates in this way and there's absolutely no reason to worry about.

I am sure the investors have already started to buy cryptos at a cheaper cost and soon the price will be back on track.

BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:11:43 PM

the dump is always happening globally.

people are always happy to see the altcoins getting pumped but what they miss is the fact that when altcoins are getting pumped a lot of newbies are investing in them and that means a lot of weak hands who will dump just as fast when they start to feel fear because price is dropping.

and people are starting to catch on the fact that when bitcoin drops all altcoins drop with it.

There is a FOMO brewing...
mindphuq

Activity: 187
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:12:46 PM

When you measuring values in USD, 95% coins will be red if BTC has a dip. Same can be seen today, BTC is down by $1500 and as a result most of the coins are red. Basic reason for this is that most of the exchanges trade cryptocurrencies taking BTC as base money. When base money itself declines, all cryptos which have valuation in base money will fall too.
Simply change base from 'USD' to 'BTC' from top and you will see more real picture.

That doesn't look much better. Of 1384 coins 30 are green everything else is red in BTC prices too.

BTC is always taking the whole market with it. Weak hands that bought high are shaking off.
Chalxdon

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:13:05 PM

This is unusual but we learn everyday.  No cause for alarm
lifetimebitcoins

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:14:00 PM

look like market is under heavy correction may be in 72 hours market may recover good for buying coins
mindphuq

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:17:30 PM

This might be the reason. Just CMC stuff...

Few hours ago Coin Market Cap removed Korean exchanges from their coin price calculations and being that all coins are about 30% pricier over there, it instantly tanked the price on CMC graphs. From what I see this is happening now :

• CMC removed Korean exchanges
  • Prices/graphs instantly tanked (but in practice not relevant to people outside Korea who dont trade there anyhow)
  • Large number of people did not recognize what actually happened and that there were not moves/selling on their western exchanges
  • Those same people are now dumping large amount of coins trying to "cut loses" because of the false impression that coin is crashing.
  • Random stuff happening

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7oxivj/cmc_just_tumbled_the_whole_market_with_one_move/

If people run their trade bots with CMC data, this might cause a massive panic sell by the bots in all currencies...
richyrich

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:27:43 PM

For future reference, in the event that I feel the market is crashing, what is the best way to cash out? Just send it to my coinbase account? If everyone is doing the same is it possible coinbase wouldn't have the reserves to cover all the transactions?

Similarly, seeing as BTC and alts are down far more than ETH, wouldnt it make sense to at least sell the Alts and rebuy using the ETH which would later be worth more (as a % of the altcoin).

Cheers
Niflore

Activity: 52

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:30:43 PM

You can check this topic https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7oxivj/cmc_just_tumbled_the_whole_market_with_one_move/

I don't know if it is legit, but at least less panic.
criticalcrypto

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:32:38 PM

You should use tether to trade these dips
MiddleFingerToTheMan

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:33:12 PM

As far as I can tell the reason is due to China potentially shutting down mining & South Korea investigating banks dealing with crypto exchanges. I swear to god these f*cking sh*thole countries are always trying to spoil the fun, just f*ck off. At least when this is finally done then China will have no FUD weapons left in the arsenal.

The sooner decentralised exchanges go live the better.
Also I cannot wait to see the Orchid protocol smash through China's great firewall.
penig

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:35:09 PM

You can check this topic https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7oxivj/cmc_just_tumbled_the_whole_market_with_one_move/

It is legit in that CMC has "removed" Korean exchange prices.  The question is whether they proactively removed them or they just moved so far out of bounds that they triggered automated rules to restrict outliers.  Korean prices are consistently high than other markets and some of the price differences show are ridiculous, so the new price is more accurate for the rest of the world.
wilhb81

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:41:14 PM

Well, it's another phenomena that caused by the "Panic attack selling" (welcome to the cryptocurrencies world) The CMC data thingy really has some heavy impact on the Bitcoin and other alt coins price.

Just hodl and stay still, everything going to be fined after the storm...

________Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency________
█████████ ██ ███ ██      PUNDI X      ██ ███ ██ █████████
Whitepaper      Twitter      Facebook      Telegram      Medium      Youtube
mindphuq

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:42:42 PM

It is legit in that CMC has "removed" Korean exchange prices.  The question is whether they proactively removed them or they just moved so far out of bounds that they triggered automated rules to restrict outliers.  Korean prices are consistently high than other markets and some of the price differences show are ridiculous, so the new price is more accurate for the rest of the world.

This also means, that the whole CMC price was bogus the whole time to begin with. If you calculate the global price for a crypto and include local markets there, that sell the same crypto 30% over price, the whole data gets flawed.

That's what you get when you trust a single source.
Mehdecline

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:42:58 PM

I think it's best to sell asap and go bottom fishing when prices seem to stabilize. Usually this takes no more than 48 hours for prices to be stable.
BitCoinKeeper

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:43:08 PM

This might be the reason. Just CMC stuff...

Few hours ago Coin Market Cap removed Korean exchanges from their coin price calculations and being that all coins are about 30% pricier over there, it instantly tanked the price on CMC graphs. From what I see this is happening now :

• CMC removed Korean exchanges
  • Prices/graphs instantly tanked (but in practice not relevant to people outside Korea who dont trade there anyhow)
  • Large number of people did not recognize what actually happened and that there were not moves/selling on their western exchanges
  • Those same people are now dumping large amount of coins trying to "cut loses" because of the false impression that coin is crashing.
  • Random stuff happening

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7oxivj/cmc_just_tumbled_the_whole_market_with_one_move/

If people run their trade bots with CMC data, this might cause a massive panic sell by the bots in all currencies...

This is exactly what caused todays sell off, CMC removed the Korean exchanges .. Nothing to be alarmed with continue to hold. We knew this was likely to happen a couple months ago when the Korean's announced a crackdown on bitcoin. It will rebound to an all time high.
batman12345

Activity: 51

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:46:59 PM

this is good news. buy all altcoin as you can. but never cut loss.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: