Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:48:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin is dethrone  (Read 160 times)
munareal (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:32:35 PM

Bitcoin is the king of crypto currencies. What will happen if another coin comes to surpass it in all always.There are some alternative coins that has many advantages over bitcoin and more are being created by the day.Do you think that will happen in the near future ?
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:47:35 PM

Certainly in the future we will have such a situation, Bitcoin may be king, but some problems are still unresolved. The biggest problem is transfer fees, these charges are perceived very high for many people. Bitcoin faces the danger of being a passive currency.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:00:00 PM

Well, I would not say this cannot happen but I also believe it is something that can be very hard to see happen. The reason is that bitcoin being the king as you said, will not remain the same as it is and some of the features that you may see in some of these altcoins, can easily and gradually be integrated into bitcoin's protocol and we both know with the edge that bitcoin has over the other alts, that will make it more acceptable. I am still trying to imagine the reaction of users once LN becomes active.
jmlona

Activity: 279
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:05:01 PM

Well, I would not say this cannot happen but I also believe it is something that can be very hard to see happen. The reason is that bitcoin being the king as you said, will not remain the same as it is and some of the features that you may see in some of these altcoins, can easily and gradually be integrated into bitcoin's protocol and we both know with the edge that bitcoin has over the other alts, that will make it more acceptable. I am still trying to imagine the reaction of users once LN becomes active.

This is the important thing to consider when considering which coins could possibly replace bitcoin, to my mind it will not be a coin that offers a similar service because bitcoin will simply be able to implement the same features it has but have a much bigger brand behind it. Ethereum is one that offers something mostly quite different and so has the potential to overtake bitcoin.

CRYPTFUNDER.IO ▼ Disruptive Funding for Startup ICOs
Join Our ICO Now!  ≡  Whitepaper | One Pager
Twitter   Facebook    Youtube    Medium    Telegram    ANN Thread
pri3oner

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:07:51 PM

It's so painful problem right now cos bitcoin fees are sooo huge (for little amounts, of course). BTC is still number one but it needs solutions for this main problem. Hopefully, btc will grow and stay king lol

███████████   ███   ████     Ever wish you could turn back time to when BTC was $1?     ████   ███   ███████████
B I T G E S E L L          Decentralized Cryptocurrency
██               ████████     •    Telegram    •    Twitter    •    Discord    •    Thread    •     ████████               ██
KiwiKai

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:14:56 PM

This situation will happen but probably not so soon, when the Lighting network will be launched BTC might reach new heights in the price.
zgrdyg

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 06:21:29 PM

I dont think dethroning Bitcoin is possible in the near future, Because yes sometimes Bitcoin lacks speeds, expensive fees etc., its always be the GOLD (like an indicator) of cryptocurrency market. Maybe Ethereum can gain momentum or any new coin (ripple, iota etc) but they can never dethrone Bitcoin.
Also lightning network update will increase popularity of Bitcoin more and more.

kueyen

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:35:27 PM

I don't think bitcoin will be dethroned in the near future, if at all. Based on its usability, ethereum would probably would be the new king in such a scenario; although I'm not sure how much of a king eth would be, because if bitcoin is dethroned, this would probably mean bad news for the crypto scene as a whole.

cryptopussies

Activity: 196

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fun

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:39:33 PM

Bitcoin is the king of crypto currencies. What will happen if another coin comes to surpass it in all always.There are some alternative coins that has many advantages over bitcoin and more are being created by the day.Do you think that will happen in the near future ?

Thats very possible to happen a lot of altcoins are getting more upgrades from our new technology,someday someone will create a coin that will surpass the BTC's features.

Website            ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ VELOX ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ ANN Thread
Whitepaper     The Future of Anonymous Trading      ◆ Twitter       
Discord             ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ Telegram   
peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 446

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:50:54 PM

I would say that bitcoin can be surpass in terms of its dominance specially if the network traffic issue is not solved. Yes, I have to say that there's a lot of altcoins that is far better than bitcoin is terms of this technology like ETH. Again, the high fees is killing bitcoin for now and not suitable for micro-payment schemes.

What will happen to the market? Then there will be shift of powers then if another altcoin takes the reign over bitcoin. But we can't say for certain when it will happened, maybe in more or less 5 years, if the continuing issue on bitcoin is not resolved, we might see one day bitcoin dominance is over in the crypto-currency world.

This situation will happen but probably not so soon, when the Lighting network will be launched BTC might reach new heights in the price.

If this Lightning Network is the needed solution which others have been building up, then let's roll in ASAP so that we can silence bitcoin haters. But sadly, I heard a lot of negative things as well with this sidechain. But let's see how it goes.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:02:35 PM

Of course, its super possible for another crypto coin to take over the place of bitcoin as the number one popular digital coin. Even, if you notice now, some of the altcoins that are emerging now  have greater advantage than bitcoin its just a matter of time till they explode. With the high price and high transaction fee of bitcoin, don't be surprise when this prediction finally becomes a reality.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:09:09 PM

If the scaling issue is not resolved, bitcoin will surely be dethroned one day and the top place will be taken by another worthy competitor. At current stage, bitcoin's high fees is eating into a major chunk of profits what small traders are making after a day long stressful trading session. So it is obviously not sustainable and that is the reason why a lot of small traders are speculating in altcoins.

I think lightening network is the best solution which is currently being tested and expected to be implemented within the first quarter of 2018. This is will solve all scaling issues once and for all and also help bitcoin to keep his current position intact.

tora

Activity: 532
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:11:26 PM

It depends on why someone buys bitcoin or any other coin. High fees and slow transaction times do not help at the moment but these may change.
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:15:00 PM

The flippening is surely possible but, if ever, that would be for a short time.
Bitcoin is a much mature asset regarding price discovery than any other pump/dump coin (not to speak about resilience, security and so on)

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
SummonKing2

Activity: 210
Merit: 128

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:01:30 PM

If bitcoin dethrone maybe Anything can be dethrone but I don't think bitcoin is going anywhere anytime soon. BitCoin processing already consumes as much electricity as the entire country of Ireland. Imagine what would happen if they somehow manage to think of a politically acceptable way to process more than the current (pitiful) 7 transactions per second.
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:26:29 PM

It's not gonna happen. Whether we like it or not, the dependency on the #1 cryptocurrency will always be present in alts. Altcoins will always fight to get the #2 spot in the market. But I agree with you, there are many coins with better tech than Bitcoin, and perhaps even better developers, but when it comes to exposure, and most importantly, trust from the general public, Bitcoin is king. People need to remember that the superior tech not always wins at the end.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
Washball

Activity: 266
Merit: 151

First crypto index traded as a token!

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:34:06 PM

Bitcoin will always be the number one cryptocurrency. Although there are some issues that need to be solved, there 's no altcoin that can replace bitcoin. Ethereum will remain second best after Bitcoin, despite the potential Ethereum has as a better currency.

bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:36:24 PM

As long as you can only exit from the cryptocurrency market with BTC or maybe with ETH, if you wanto to cash out to fiat, bitcoin will not be passed by any other alts. The reason is, that if the trend turns down and all the alts and also bitcoin falls, the only thing you can do to save your funds is to sell the alts, buy the bitcoin and after exit. If you (and the others) magage to sell your alts the price of the alts will go down, and the price of the bitcoin will go up meanwhile. Bitcoin exchanges won't be able to process the bitcoin to fiat orders quickly enough, so you will stay with your bitcoins for a while.  This will give some time to bitcoin to stop the fall and raise again and in the end the alts will be down but bitcoin won't. So I don't expect that the alts will overtake bitcoin's position in the near future.
Rinsend

Activity: 784
Merit: 262

AZBI NETWORK - Multichain system

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:23:03 PM

I see from its potential. it seems like this will not happen anytime soon.
bitcoin will still dominate and maybe the next 1-2 years.
if we see from some users.
gamblers are the ones who are looking for alternatives other than bitcoin.
and that will decrease a lot of bitcoin users

▰ AZBI ▰     White Paper
              LinkedIn Twitter Telegram
francis2

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:27:50 PM

The chance of a new coins replacing bitcoin is low, it would need to be an incredible coins to make people leave bitcoin behind, and while there are good projects, there is no coin that I can think of that is so good, especially since  lot of money is invested in bitcoin and many will lose a fortune if that happened.
aizadelacruz99

Activity: 295

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:42:17 PM

For me, it will never be happen just because nowadays Bitcoin is useful and important.
DesmondHayes

Activity: 182
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:47:14 PM

Bitcoin is the king of crypto currencies. What will happen if another coin comes to surpass it in all always?There are some alternative coins that have many advantages over bitcoin and more are being created by the day.Do you think that will happen in the near future?

This possible situation can happen but I hardly doubt it that any coin will surpass the Bitcoin and take it off the market charts throne. Although the Bitcoin has some big problems right now that are including the high fees within the transactions developers are hardly working on the improvement of this issue. The lightning network will be issued soon and that will for sure change the standards on the market.

I predict that the Bitcoin will surpass its limits and that it won't be achievable for any coin to match the Bitcoin in the value.

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
sebo.k

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:52:34 PM

I can't say it is not possible  but if that happens  then it means bitcoin value need  to fall in such that it become uninteresting  for investors  and traders to hold.  Then the currency that will overcome  bitcoin must be very special since it need to address all the challenges  facing bitcoin.
Asklepion

Activity: 203
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:57:30 PM

I think the transfer fees will decrease and the number of transactions will increase if the BTC price stabilizes. For this reason, I do not believe that BTC will be a more valuable coin. BTC can be more successful coins but BTC is always king.
yamortsac

Activity: 154
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:36:56 PM

Bitcoin has already faced many challenges from the time it was created and its been almost a decade but bitcoin is still existing and has the highest value. And I know bitcoin can still be able to pass any challenges to come and it will be still the leading crypto currencies in crypto world so bitcoin will not be dethrone.
IvyAguas

Activity: 69
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:52:42 AM

Yes bitcoin is the king of all crypto currencies, but think of if, if someone invented an cryto currencies that has all the advantages and resolved all the disadvantages of bitcoin, I think that is the time bitcoin will be dethrone.
francis2

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:16:02 AM

For me, it will never be happen just because nowadays Bitcoin is useful and important.
The possibility will always be there but at the same time I do not see any coin being able to surpass bitcoin, many coins will try but the truth there is only a handful of projects with that chance, projects like ripple, ethereum or bitcoin cash, and the community does not trust completely in any of those coins so it is doubtful bitcoin is going to be replaced soon.
micheal wang

Activity: 212
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:37:34 AM

I don't know, I just thinking the investors who come to invest in the world of cryptocurrency they just know bitcoin, they never know about altcoin that outperforms the bitcoin especially in transaction process problem. Or because bitcoin price have a high value so makes investors more inclined to think that bitcoin investment is very profitable compared to the price of altcoin which is still below $3000. But I know in this world of cryptocurrency bitcoin has a big influence on the price of altcoin, exactly if bitcoin prices go down automatically also altcoin prices decreased. So, the deficiency of bitcoin is just in the transaction procces compared with some altcoin, and this can be overcome if the successful lighting network is launched.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: