Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:25:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] batch #20/21 .31 - .35 btc for USB miners & 10.25 blades - USA only  (Read 72145 times)
CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 11:46:56 PM

Got mine today as well. Working well on "Low", but I guess the voltage is not set to 1.2v as "High" results in ~3ghash. I know its not the psu, I have 2 running on a 850w
check out the setup thread... the voltage needs to be set correctly first if you want to run higher...
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 11:50:37 PM

Got mine today as well. Working well on "Low", but I guess the voltage is not set to 1.2v as "High" results in ~3ghash. I know its not the psu, I have 2 running on a 850w
check out the setup thread... the voltage needs to be set correctly first if you want to run higher...
The previous 2 I bought new cane pre-overclocked, so I was not sure if these needed too or not.
Taugeran

Activity: 658

CCNA: There i fixed the internet.

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 12:31:18 AM

Got my Blade today  THANKS CANARY  Great Job...

Little issue... Blade will not show up the IP address given... I am on a mining server that may have some configuration issues  ANY HELPFUL IDEA?Huh  -digeros

go to command line and execute arp -a and post the output. this will list the ip's of all machines on your local network your pc can reach.

the blade i believe has a static ip address of 192.168.1.254 with a web gui available at 192.168.1.254:8000/Main.

if arp -a prints out addresses in a range other than 192.168.1.0/24 (192.168.1.1 to 255) then you may need to change the  address scheme in your router (temporarily).

as an aside, why the hell did AM config them with static ip and not dhcp? should be a part of any tcp/ip stack ~:[

did the arp - a and no 192.x.x.x IP adddress at all show up   HOw do i change the router to make it see it??? - digeros

follow canarys tidbit and just give your windows machine a secondary ip between 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.253. subnet mask should autofill to 255.255.255.0.

save, then try going to http://192.168.1.254:8000/Main

change the ip etc to match your network, enter your worker credentials, save restart. let her rip.
after it starts working. change your pc ip back to normal by selecting get from dhcp for ip and dns. save and should be good?

MSFT guide on doing so: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/change-tcp-ip-settings

Bitfury HW & Habañero : 1.625Th/s
tips/Donations: 1NoS89H3Mr6U5CmP4VwWzU2318JEMxHL1
Come join Coinbase
bustaballs

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 01:21:35 AM

Thanks Canary!

Apheration

Activity: 88

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 01:25:41 AM

LOL ^^^ That's awesome dude.
digeros

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 03:16:44 AM

Little issue... Blade will not show up the IP address given... I am on a mining server that may have some configuration issues  ANY HELPFUL IDEA?Huh  -digeros

go to command line and execute arp -a and post the output. this will list the ip's of all machines on your local network your pc can reach.

the blade i believe has a static ip address of 192.168.1.254 with a web gui available at 192.168.1.254:8000/Main.

if arp -a prints out addresses in a range other than 192.168.1.0/24 (192.168.1.1 to 255) then you may need to change the  address scheme in your router (temporarily).

as an aside, why the hell did AM config them with static ip and not dhcp? should be a part of any tcp/ip stack ~:[

did the arp - a and no 192.x.x.x IP adddress at all show up   HOw do i change the router to make it see it??? - digeros

follow canarys tidbit and just give your windows machine a secondary ip between 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.253. subnet mask should autofill to 255.255.255.0.

change the ip etc to match your network, enter your worker credentials, save restart. let her rip.
after it starts working. change your pc ip back to normal by selecting get from dhcp for ip and dns. save and should be good?

MSFT guide on doing so: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/change-tcp-ip-settings

here is my config page////   NO HASHES!!!

Total MHS:   00000
Received:   0000000000
Accepted:   0000000000
Per Minute:   000.00
Efficiency:   000.00%
Up Time:   0d,00h,00m,14s

Current Server: 95.211.52.40:8332
Clock selected: Low
Chip: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Plesk

Activity: 78

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 03:52:38 AM

here is my config page////   NO HASHES!!!

Total MHS:   00000
Received:   0000000000
Accepted:   0000000000
Per Minute:   000.00
Efficiency:   000.00%
Up Time:   0d,00h,00m,14s

Current Server: 95.211.52.40:8332
Clock selected: Low
Chip: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Bum.. hmm. I had something similar at first. I had to kill power and restart the blade a few times and suddenly it started going again.

Some other things to try:
- Try connecting to that Server address & port using getwork on BFGMiner using Erupter USBs to ensure things connect. add "--no-stratum" into the command line on bfgminer to force it to use getwork. If you don't have Erupter USBs, try with a CPUminer or GPU miner or something to test worker setup & connectivity.
- Be sure your default gateway and dns settings are set on the blade properly. I typically just type this at the command line in Windows "ipconfig /all" and copy the gateway and DNS that my computer is using.
- Be sure your worker/password settings & syntax are correct. it should be [pool 1 worker name]:[pool 1 worker pass],[pool 2 worker name]:[pool 2 worker pass]
- Try running a local stratum (I'd recommend this anyway to increase efficiency by 2-3% and save bandwidth) and connect to the pool's stratum connection. Then, connect your blades to the local computer running the stratum proxy.. https://github.com/slush0/stratum-mining-proxy

some things to play with.. Good luck.

BTC: 1HhVDw7b2yb4HjKmb7DMRhwjLqyvaZo8Mt
Taugeran

Activity: 658

CCNA: There i fixed the internet.

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 07:35:44 AM

+1 plesk

Bitfury HW & Habañero : 1.625Th/s
tips/Donations: 1NoS89H3Mr6U5CmP4VwWzU2318JEMxHL1
Come join Coinbase
hanti

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 10:13:33 AM

got my fourth international big order Wink thx canary for your great work Wink

rogerdaltree

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 04:13:09 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2013, 04:37:13 PM by rogerdaltree

Coupons have mostly gone out, I have about 3 left that I'm trying to figure out best shipping still... Should be completed before Monday

Canary - can you please comment on the coupon ~.1BTC for past orders pleaseHuh  Your thread is locked (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=268263.120) with no further information on the coupons, and you keep referring people to that locked thread - strikes me as odd.   Last news on that thread is "we're waiting for more from AM"
 If AM offered you a 1:1 coupon for all the remaining sticks you've sold in the past, how are we to know you didn't get more coupons and just used them for yourself??  The lack of further information on the whole coupon thing is a tad unsettling to say the least.  And, from what I can tell, you worked in reverse, so the people who ordered from you first, who (over)paid the most, and who AM was presumably making those coupon offers to - you decided to screw those early adopters & use the coupons instead on your most recent buyers? ie, the folks who paid the least??  just doesn't jive w/me man..  Other group buyers offered their coupons to "first-come, first-served" fashion which makes the most sense - from what I can tell, you claim to have been offered 1600 coupons of the untold number you were due, and offered them to your most recent purchasers, and that's it?  Is that correct?  Is this that last word we'll hear on it and you'll just continue with business as usual?  
Perhaps someone needs to ask Friedcat to see how many coupons AM offered to Canary to see if all this adds up - as it's not passing the smell test for me.
CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 04:41:15 PM

Coupons have mostly gone out, I have about 3 left that I'm trying to figure out best shipping still... Should be completed before Monday

Canary - can you please comment on the coupon ~.1BTC for past orders pleaseHuh  Your thread is locked (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=268263.120) with no further information on the coupons, and you keep referring people to that locked thread - strikes me as odd.   Last news on that thread is "we're waiting for more from AM"
 If AM offered you a 1:1 coupon for all the remaining sticks you've sold in the past, how are we to know you didn't get more coupons and just used them for yourself??  The lack of further information on the whole coupon thing is a tad unsettling to say the least.  And, from what I can tell, you worked in reverse, so the people who ordered from you first, who (over)paid the most, and who AM was presumably making those coupon offers to - you decided to screw those early adopters & use the coupons instead on your most recent buyers? ie, the folks who paid the least??  just doesn't jive w/me man..  Other group buyers offered their coupons to "first-come, first-served" fashion which makes the most sense - from what I can tell, you offered 1600 coupons of the untold number you were due to your most recent purchasers, and that's it?  Is that correct?  Is this that last word we'll hear on it and you'll just continue with business as usual?  Perhaps someone needs to ask Friedcat to see how many coupons AM offered to Canary to see if all this adds up - as it's not passing the smell test for me.
i don't think your choice of words leveling accusations at me of wrongdoing are warranted...

I have said many many times that I have specific instructions from friedcat on how to distribute these, and that is what I have done.  I did not decide how to distribute them, friedcat did.  (repeating)
I don't have any more info besides what I've said on the original post (OP) of the thread which is now locked. (repeating)

as mentioned there, I am awaiting more info + inventory from friedcat for the rest of the coupons. (repeating)

I don't have any new info wrt to dates etc... at this time. (repeating)

this isn't up to me.  can you try to understand this please and cool it down towards me already? 

all the info I have is on OP of that post. (repeating)
rogerdaltree

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 05:04:03 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2013, 06:36:51 PM by rogerdaltree

i don't think your choice of words leveling accusations at me of wrongdoing are warranted...

I have said many many times that I have specific instructions from friedcat on how to distribute these, and that is what I have done.  I did not decide how to distribute them, friedcat did.  (repeating)
I don't have any more info besides what I've said on the original post (OP) of the thread which is now locked. (repeating)

as mentioned there, I am awaiting more info + inventory from friedcat for the rest of the coupons. (repeating)

this isn't up to me.  can you try to understand this please and cool it down towards me already?  

Can you not see how people who ordered from you earliest/first and paid over 2BTC each - who got no chance to use any of these coupons could be a bit pissed at the way this is transpiring??  How can you explain your choice to offer the "1600" coupons to the folks who paid the least for the sticks??  The people who paid the most, who ordered first, are getting shafted bigtime, or am I mistaken??
Are you saying that friedcat instructed you do offer the coupons to the last orders and not the first? I have a hard time believing friedcat instructed the .1 coupons to go to people who paid .42.9BTC a cpl weeks prior vs. people who paid > 2BTC months prior.
Other group buys worked the way I'm sure AM intended - in that the coupons were offered to the folks who ordered first & paid the most, not the least.  This whole canary-coupon-fiasco just doesn't fly.  Sorry to be a stinker, but this is what customer service is all about - transparency and effective communication.
CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 05:14:38 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2013, 05:32:25 PM by CanaryInTheMine

Canary - can you please comment on the coupon ~.1BTC for past orders pleaseHuh  Your thread is locked (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=268263.120) with no further information on the coupons, and you keep referring people to that locked thread - strikes me as odd.   Last news on that thread is "we're waiting for more from AM"
 If AM offered you a 1:1 coupon for all the remaining sticks you've sold in the past, how are we to know you didn't get more coupons and just used them for yourself??  The lack of further information on the whole coupon thing is a tad unsettling to say the least.  And, from what I can tell, you worked in reverse, so the people who ordered from you first, who (over)paid the most, and who AM was presumably making those coupon offers to - you decided to screw those early adopters & use the coupons instead on your most recent buyers? ie, the folks who paid the least??  just doesn't jive w/me man..  Other group buyers offered their coupons to "first-come, first-served" fashion which makes the most sense - from what I can tell, you claim to have been offered 1600 coupons of the untold number you were due, and offered them to your most recent purchasers, and that's it?  Is that correct?  Is this that last word we'll hear on it and you'll just continue with business as usual?  
Perhaps someone needs to ask Friedcat to see how many coupons AM offered to Canary to see if all this adds up - as it's not passing the smell test for me.

I have said many many times that I have specific instructions from friedcat on how to distribute these, and that is what I have done.  I did not decide how to distribute them, friedcat did.  (repeating)

this isn't up to me.  can you try to understand this please and cool it down towards me already?  

Can you not see how people who ordered from you earliest/first and paid over 2BTC each - who got no chance to use any of these coupons could be a bit pissed at the way this is transpiring??  How can you explain your choice to offer the "1600" coupons to the folks who paid the least for the sticks??  The people who paid the most, who ordered first, are getting shafted bigtime, or am I mistaken??
Are you saying that friedcat instructed you do offer the coupons to the last orders and not the first? I have a hard time believing friedcat instructed the .1 coupons to go to people who paid .42BTC a week prior vs. people who paid > 2BTC months prior.
Other group buys worked the way I'm sure AM intended - in that the coupons were offered to the folks who ordered first & paid the most, not the least.  This whole canary-coupon-fiasco just doesn't fly.
Uggg...
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4130
Merit: 7952

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 05:27:57 PM

Are you saying that friedcat instructed you do offer the coupons to the last orders and not the first? I have a hard time believing friedcat instructed the .1 coupons to go to people who paid .42BTC a week prior vs. people who paid > 2BTC months prior.
Other group buys worked the way I'm sure AM intended - in that the coupons were offered to the folks who ordered first & paid the most, not the least.  This whole canary-coupon-fiasco just doesn't fly.
 The canary never gave any coupons  to any one that paid .42btc a stick.  So I get you are angry since you paid 2 btc a stick but at least get your facts correct. The canary started with those that paid .9 btc or more. which was buy 13 12 11 10  and it ended with 10 if i recall.   buys 7 8 9 and part of 10 missed all about 1 btc a stick.along with 1-6.  which were hi priced at 2

remember that part of the coins lost  paying 2 btc for a group 1 buy got some money back due to hashing and easy diff.    Also groups 1-6 were not a lot of sticks.  if you want to yell and be angry you should go on the am thread and yell at fried cat.since fried cat did not release 100% of the coupons to any reseller.  Two more things:

1) I am waiting on 6 more coupons myself 
2) when these sticks first went on sale I was a shareholder of am stock.  I sold all my am stock because I believed am was over charging  for the sticks.  the sticks were just about 240usd I told any one that would listen that the pricing was wrong. the sticks were too costly. If you go back and read the am thread you can find my concerns predicted this problem of over pricing.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
stex2009
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 06:11:57 PM

The canary never gave any coupons  to any one that paid .42btc a stick.  So I get you are angry since you paid 2 btc a stick but at least get your facts correct. The canary started with those that paid .9 btc or more. which was buy 13 12 11 10  and it ended with 10 if i recall.   buys 7 8 9 and part of 10 missed all about 1 btc a stick.along with 1-6.  which were hi priced at 2

remember that part of the coins lost  paying 2 btc for a group 1 buy got some money back due to hashing and easy diff.    Also groups 1-6 were not a lot of sticks.  if you want to yell and be angry you should go on the am thread and yell at fried cat.since fried cat did not release 100% of the coupons to any reseller.  Two more things:

2) when these sticks first went on sale I was a shareholder of am stock.  I sold all my am stock because I believed am was over charging  for the sticks.  the sticks were just about 240usd I told any one that would listen that the pricing was wrong. the sticks were too costly. If you go back and read the am thread you can find my concerns predicted this problem of over pricing.
I agree, when the price was 2BTC, you recovered good money at that time. But what about later groups that paid more! Now, not many have time to go to each thread and post about this. Some 20%+ will forget about this and these will go to re-sellers. How come we received coupons from other group buys from silentsonic?
It's not easy to keep track of your hardware that you bought previously. I come here once in a while to check the coupons and new hardware. It was nice of silentsonic to inform us for the same, but never happened with canary's group buys! I am not angry at him, as I never expected such coupons at first place, but this just leaves us thinking the integrity of re-sellers and how they operate and what their motives are.
rogerdaltree

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 06:49:36 PM

remember that part of the coins lost  paying 2 btc for a group 1 buy got some money back due to hashing and easy diff.    Also groups 1-6 were not a lot of sticks.  if you want to yell and be angry you should go on the am thread and yell at fried cat.since fried cat did not release 100% of the coupons to any reseller.

Well, it seems that the very first group buy (which was Arklan's: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195052.0) got 100% of the coupons for his entire group buy - which, again, was the first one (at over 2BTC / stick) and, he offered up any leftover, unusued coupons to GB participants who so desired.  A far cry from what we're experiencing here.  Arklan was 100% transparent and open with it all.  I am not getting that feeling here (far from it.)  I get that we're talking 100s(Arklan) vs. 1000s(canary), and perhaps that's the explanation.  This is 100s of BTC left on the table for canary tho, so sorry if I'm a bit uptight about it, just feels/seems like canary's group buyers are  being taken advantage of.
I guess AM is just inconsistent then?  Odd how AM treated Arklan so well, and Canary so poorly then, no??  (sorry to partially derail this thread, but had you not locked the pertinent one, i wouldn't be here talking about it, unfortunately we have no other option)
CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 06:55:18 PM

2) when these sticks first went on sale I was a shareholder of am stock.  I sold all my am stock because I believed am was over charging  for the sticks.  the sticks were just about 240usd I told any one that would listen that the pricing was wrong. the sticks were too costly. If you go back and read the am thread you can find my concerns predicted this problem of over pricing.
I agree, when the price was 2BTC, you recovered good money at that time. But what about later groups that paid more! Now, not many have time to go to each thread and post about this. Some 20%+ will forget about this and these will go to re-sellers. How come we received coupons from other group buys from silentsonic?
It's not easy to keep track of your hardware that you bought previously. I come here once in a while to check the coupons and new hardware. It was nice of silentsonic to inform us for the same, but never happened with canary's group buys! I am not angry at him, as I never expected such coupons at first place, but this just leaves us thinking the integrity of re-sellers and how they operate and what their motives are.

your implications are not correct.  i made a public post of forum handles who were getting a coupon from friedcat.  I also PMed everyone as stated on the coupon distribution thread.  you could go and read it all.

so while there is possible trolling attempts here by _______ (fill in the blank), at least get your facts right boys...
CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 07:42:44 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2013, 08:38:29 PM by CanaryInTheMine

remember that part of the coins lost  paying 2 btc for a group 1 buy got some money back due to hashing and easy diff.    Also groups 1-6 were not a lot of sticks.  if you want to yell and be angry you should go on the am thread and yell at fried cat.since fried cat did not release 100% of the coupons to any reseller.

Well, it seems that the very first group buy (which was Arklan's: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195052.0) got 100% of the coupons for his entire group buy - which, again, was the first one (at over 2BTC / stick) and, he offered up any leftover, unusued coupons to GB participants who so desired.  A far cry from what we're experiencing here.  Arklan was 100% transparent and open with it all.  I am not getting that feeling here (far from it.)  I get that we're talking 100s(Arklan) vs. 1000s(canary), and perhaps that's the explanation.  This is 100s of BTC left on the table for canary tho, so sorry if I'm a bit uptight about it, just feels/seems like canary's group buyers are  being taken advantage of.
I guess AM is just inconsistent then?  Odd how AM treated Arklan so well, and Canary so poorly then, no??  (sorry to partially derail this thread, but had you not locked the pertinent one, i wouldn't be here talking about it, unfortunately we have no other option)
are you serious? ? ? why are you continuing to troll?
read what you just said... arklan gave 100% out? really? did you bother to read the status of his coupon distribution?  I don't think you have.  arklan is waiting for the remaining 2/3rds of inventory to be able to ship out  a coupon to everyone... he has not received adequate inventory.  he has gotten about 1/3rd of expected inventory only and he is waiting on the rest...  it's all there on his thread for all to see.

so you see, re-sellers are waiting on the manufacturer to receive coupon inventory... this has been repeated multiple times...

you're either write all this with a negative purpose or you don't bother reading anything and speak first and have egg on your face later...

care to apologize?

P.S. arklan has not heard from friedcat yet as his thread indicates regarding remaining inventory... he has PMed me asking if I had any more info...
stex2009
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 10:47:31 PM

2) when these sticks first went on sale I was a shareholder of am stock.  I sold all my am stock because I believed am was over charging  for the sticks.  the sticks were just about 240usd I told any one that would listen that the pricing was wrong. the sticks were too costly. If you go back and read the am thread you can find my concerns predicted this problem of over pricing.

your implications are not correct.  i made a public post of forum handles who were getting a coupon from friedcat.  I also PMed everyone as stated on the coupon distribution thread.  you could go and read it all.

so while there is possible trolling attempts here by _______ (fill in the blank), at least get your facts right boys...
The fact is, other re-sellers distributed their coupons first, but you did not. I have nothing against you and there is nothing to leave -ve feedback like someone else here did, not sure if it's for the same that guy did. I will buy from you again if I have to, and if you will want to sell to me now. I see you are just another seller (businessman), and in this case some are better and go for long run and some don't!
CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 10:57:27 PM

The fact is, other re-sellers distributed their coupons first, but you did not. I have nothing against you and there is nothing to leave -ve feedback like someone else here did, not sure if it's for the same that guy did. I will buy from you again if I have to, and if you will want to sell to me now. I see you are just another seller (businessman), and in this case some are better and go for long run and some don't!
fact: I distributed what I received from friedcat for coupons immediately.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: