Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 04:24:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] batch #20/21 .31 - .35 btc for USB miners & 10.25 blades - USA only  (Read 72147 times)
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 10:29:44 PM

....but while two of the PSU's are cheapo ones, but I've cut all the  molex connectors and directly wired them in.  The wires don't even get warm.      Maybe its a conflict, but why do they restart all the time?  All 3 blades do it, and they are each on different PSU's... hmm.

I messed around with PC power supplies, found they had inconsistent behavior and were way too complex.  Here is the solution, $27 delivered, gives 30A clean 12V, no other voltages, no hassles.   The screw down block even has 3 screws for + and 3 screws for ground (labeled V-). 

You get these babies, some 16 or 14 gauge stranded, use one power wire and one ground wire per blade. 

I have three of these running 9 blades.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261198916470?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

By the way I've got a lab power supply that tells me the draw from these blades at LOW speed is 4.5-5.5 A, less than what's been claimed...
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 11:21:26 PM

....but while two of the PSU's are cheapo ones, but I've cut all the  molex connectors and directly wired them in.  The wires don't even get warm.      Maybe its a conflict, but why do they restart all the time?  All 3 blades do it, and they are each on different PSU's... hmm.

I messed around with PC power supplies, found they had inconsistent behavior and were way too complex.  Here is the solution, $27 delivered, gives 30A clean 12V, no other voltages, no hassles.   The screw down block even has 3 screws for + and 3 screws for ground (labeled V-). 

You get these babies, some 16 or 14 gauge stranded, use one power wire and one ground wire per blade. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261198916470?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

By the way I've got a lab power supply that tells me the draw from these blades at LOW speed is 4.5-5.5 A, less than what's been claimed...

Spendulus, that is a great link!

I am definitely going to pick one up,   However it will take several days to get to me, and we know what happens in a week in bitcoin! arg!

These units will definitely clean up the power,  But I feel pretty confident some of my problems are not power related, I just brought in a new power supply,  Its a 700W  out of my triple GPU rig.   Its a great unit and I plugged it into my 3rd blade (at 1.05V stock)  and the blade is doing the exact same as the other two.   It hashes at 50% speed on the pool.  But shows no hashrate or accepted shares on the blade config page.   Is that why it restarts?  no accepted shares being reported back?

What the heck could it be?!

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 01:47:52 PM

I messed around with PC power supplies, found they had inconsistent behavior and were way too complex.  Here is the solution, $27 delivered, gives 30A clean 12V, no other voltages, no hassles.   The screw down block even has 3 screws for + and 3 screws for ground (labeled V-).  

Spendulus, that is a great link!

I am definitely going to pick one up,   However it will take several days to get to me, and we know what happens in a week in bitcoin! arg!

These units will definitely clean up the power,  But I feel pretty confident some of my problems are not power related, I just brought in a new power supply,  Its a 700W  out of my triple GPU rig.   Its a great unit and I plugged it into my 3rd blade (at 1.05V stock)  and the blade is doing the exact same as the other two.   It hashes at 50% speed on the pool.  But shows no hashrate or accepted shares on the blade config page.   Is that why it restarts?  no accepted shares being reported back?

What the heck could it be?!
Yeah all this chatter about hooking up pc power supplies is a pursuit of the damned, for additional pain and misery.  Just get real power supplies and be done with it.

I do not know how these units were designed, but let's assume for a sec they have a thermal cutoff.  Then some of the sections may shut down if they get too hot.  Inconsistent fan on your three blades could cause that.  Laying them flat on a surface with no airflow to one of the sides could do that.  Too close together, etc.

To determine if it is a hardware problem, swap the little board with the RJ45 connector between known good and suspect.  Then swap the power board.  Then swap the RJ45 cables, which can definitely go bad.

If you move a part around and the problem follows the part, you have a bad part.  The only exception would be special handling of that part's IP address by the router.  Obviously each of the blades needs a discrete IP and it must be in the addressing range of the router.  They all came as 192.168.1.254, iirc.

I set mine to 192.168.1.200/201/202...

Note there is a reset switch between two pins, it reset back to default IP.
svojoe
Legendary

einc.io

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 11:27:48 PM

Yeah all this chatter about hooking up pc power supplies is a pursuit of the damned, for additional pain and misery.  Just get real power supplies and be done with it.

I do not know how these units were designed, but let's assume for a sec they have a thermal cutoff.  Then some of the sections may shut down if they get too hot.  Inconsistent fan on your three blades could cause that.  Laying them flat on a surface with no airflow to one of the sides could do that.  Too close together, etc.

To determine if it is a hardware problem, swap the little board with the RJ45 connector between known good and suspect.  Then swap the power board.  Then swap the RJ45 cables, which can definitely go bad.

If you move a part around and the problem follows the part, you have a bad part.  The only exception would be special handling of that part's IP address by the router.  Obviously each of the blades needs a discrete IP and it must be in the addressing range of the router.  They all came as 192.168.1.254, iirc.

This is good advice,   Though all three of my blades are exhibiting the exact same behavior so I don't know how to play them off against each other.  I did however try to move the strongest PSU around them and it made no difference.  I'm convinced the blades themselves have a reset timer built in.  As if a condition exists that is causing them to re-start in an attempt to mine.

I am fairly certain it is not a heat issue, I have the three blades mounted about 2" apart vertically and I have a extremely strong blower blowing between/around and through all three.   It is thousands of CFM.  It is the style you would see at a store to dry off the floor after a long rain.  I have to run it on the lowest setting otherwise I risk blowing the blades across the room! Wink    When I reach into the gale force winds, the blades are warm only.   on all surfaces.

My 'gut' is telling me there is a connection issue causing my blades not to recieve proof of work/submission etc from the pool and they are auto-restarting.   I am going to try to get into my router and make sure I open all ports (if they are not) and see what gives.  I have a feeling these blades think they need to restart because they think they are hashing without reward?    Are they smart enough to check for that and restart?!

Taugeran

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

CCNA: There i fixed the internet.

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 03:15:32 AM

This is good advice,   Though all three of my blades are exhibiting the exact same behavior so I don't know how to play them off against each other.  I did however try to move the strongest PSU around them and it made no difference.  I'm convinced the blades themselves have a reset timer built in.  As if a condition exists that is causing them to re-start in an attempt to mine.

I am fairly certain it is not a heat issue, I have the three blades mounted about 2" apart vertically and I have a extremely strong blower blowing between/around and through all three.   It is thousands of CFM.  It is the style you would see at a store to dry off the floor after a long rain.  I have to run it on the lowest setting otherwise I risk blowing the blades across the room! Wink    When I reach into the gale force winds, the blades are warm only.   on all surfaces.

My 'gut' is telling me there is a connection issue causing my blades not to recieve proof of work/submission etc from the pool and they are auto-restarting.   I am going to try to get into my router and make sure I open all ports (if they are not) and see what gives.  I have a feeling these blades think they need to restart because they think they are hashing without reward?    Are they smart enough to check for that and restart?!

if you dont mind setting up a linux box( or have one), or a linux VM on a windows machine. you could probably verify your theory with the latest versions of bfgminer which have the ability to act as a getwork proxy now, the proxy acts as a mining device to bfgminer so itll give meaningful info with -D 2>debug.log appended on the end. if you have any questions on setting ut up just gimme a hit

Bitfury HW & Habañero : 1.625Th/s
tips/Donations: 1NoS89H3Mr6U5CmP4VwWzU2318JEMxHL1
Come join Coinbase
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 03:15:38 PM

if you dont mind setting up a linux box( or have one), or a linux VM on a windows machine. you could probably verify your theory with the latest versions of bfgminer which have the ability to act as a getwork proxy now, the proxy acts as a mining device to bfgminer so itll give meaningful info with -D 2>debug.log appended on the end. if you have any questions on setting ut up just gimme a hit

I'm curious, how do you infer blades were resetting?  This would mean they would go back to defaults, which in turn would mean before the 'reset', they had their set IP addresses and user id/passwords, then they reset, and they have the default IP addresses and standard passwords.

Is that what you are saying?  Obviously if that were so, there would be zero production because the blades are going offline as far as your system was concerned.  Maybe you should post some of what the screen says?
svojoe
Legendary

einc.io

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 03:22:14 PM

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm curious, how do you infer blades were resetting?  This would mean they would go back to defaults, which in turn would mean before the 'reset', they had their set IP addresses and user id/passwords, then they reset, and they have the default IP addresses and standard passwords.

Is that what you are saying?  Obviously if that were so, there would be zero production because the blades are going offline as far as your system was concerned.  Maybe you should post some of what the screen says?
[/quote]

What is happen is that at the 2:15 minute mark or so,  the config page goes offline, and then comes back about 10 seconds later with a new count of 0000 received shares.  Then it immediately starts adding up received shares until around 300 or so then it goes back to zero after being offline.   When this happens the bright green LED on the blade flashes several times just like it does when you first power it on.

Maybe it is a soft-reset not a hard one.  It keeps its settings.       The received shares is the only stat that shows any action. The Hashrate, accepted shares, efficiency etc all sit at zero the whole time and never change.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 09:13:02 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2013, 09:35:24 PM by Spendulus

.... at the 2:15 minute mark or so,  the config page goes offline, and then comes back about 10 seconds later with a new count of 0000 received shares.  Then it immediately starts adding up received shares until around 300 or so then it goes back to zero after being offline.   When this happens the bright green LED on the blade flashes several times just like it does when you first power it on.

Maybe it is a soft-reset not a hard one.  It keeps its settings.       The received shares is the only stat that shows any action. The Hashrate, accepted shares, efficiency etc all sit at zero the whole time and never change.

So you have some machine x running software y with router z with blades.  

Do you have any evidence that xyz works?  EG, one blade that runs correctly.

Because if not, your problem is in xyz and not the blades.

Anyway, what is X, Y and Z?

Went back and looked at your posts.  You are using guilds that I don't know how they work.

I am running Slush's fund no options on command line windows 7,machine is 192.168.0.15

mining.proxy.exe

At slush's fund I set up account and password, like....Acct/ps

Then I set up a worker like Acct.1/ps.1

These values plug into bottom line of blade
Acct.1:ps.1,Acct.1:ps.1

Server address as shown on blade must match IP address of server on network.
svojoe
Legendary

einc.io

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 02:57:49 PM

Went back and looked at your posts.  You are using guilds that I don't know how they work.

I am running Slush's fund no options on command line windows 7,machine is 192.168.0.15

mining.proxy.exe

So I thought I had it!   I decided to follow your advice and sign up on slushs pool.    I don't mind where I mining so long as I am mining and amazingly on Ports 8332 My blades look like they are working perfectly!  I am getting nearly 13000Mhash from each one and they are showing correct numbers/shares and high efficiency Yay!

BUT... in 8 hours of straight mining the pool is showing my average 10block hashrate at 0.0, and I have no rewards given...?!   It does estimate what my reward per-block would be, but in 8 hours I have no confirmed rewards of anykind Sad

What the hell is this now?

cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 08:07:26 PM

So I thought I had it!   I decided to follow your advice and sign up on slushs pool.    I don't mind where I mining so long as I am mining and amazingly on Ports 8332 My blades look like they are working perfectly!  I am getting nearly 13000Mhash from each one and they are showing correct numbers/shares and high efficiency Yay!

BUT... in 8 hours of straight mining the pool is showing my average 10block hashrate at 0.0, and I have no rewards given...?!   It does estimate what my reward per-block would be, but in 8 hours I have no confirmed rewards of anykind Sad

Sometimes pools get unlucky and don't find a block for several hours.  You should have some unconfirmed rewards by now, though.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 11:51:14 PM

mining.proxy.exe

Are you certain of the IP address of the blade server on the network/is that address plugged into the blades?  Is the password and user name of the WORKER set into the blade?
7queue

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 07:13:10 PM

I attempted the below, I have multiple receive addresses in my wallet, when I look on blockchain.info for the transaction it lists three of my addresses and one I don't have, the payment went through but these instructions don't work for me???

How do I find out what address was used to send the btc funds? How does one verify a singed message not knowing what was used to send the funds Huh

Signing seems to work, verification fails Huh

Trying some things on testnet now to see how this all works ...

Thanks

How I did it.

1. PAYMENT STEP.
I got enough BTC into my local Bitcoin-Qt wallet for the purchase of 5x ASIC Erupters, which Canary is selling at 0.31 per at THIS TIME. I sent the payment and it asked me to pay extra 0.0002 BTC for transaction. I clicked OK and it went through. After some time I went into Transactions tab in Bitcoin-Qt, right clicked on the -1.5502 transaction and selected show transaction details, which gave me Transaction ID:

2. ONLINE NOTIFICATION OF PAYMENT STEP
I posted in this thread per Canary's instructions:

BorisAlt; 5; 1.55; 15aJAPshhWsNJRYx4FnjYPd9fer8XM1cNT

The 15aJAPshhWsNJRYx4FnjYPd9fer8XM1cNT was the address that I use to receive my coins from other sources (more on this later).

3. PAYING FOR SHIPMENT STEP (optional, if you don't want to pay BTC for shipping)
I went to USPS and selected Ship a Package --> Print a Label:

Navigated to specifying address. Note, check the box to specify ZIP code to ship FROM ANOTHER ZIP CODE:

A few clicks later related to weight and size and shipping options and entering my credit card info, I got a window to print or save it as PDF. I saved it as PDF.

4. ASSOCIATING YOUR PAYMENT ADDRESS WITH YOUR PHYSICAL MAIL ADDRESS
Followed previous instructions on signing a message (physical shipping address) with my (bitcoin) address.
Will repeat briefly, that's what it looked like in my case:

Clicked "Sign Message" and got green confirm that it was done. Note, it creates a Signature at the bottom.

5. NOTIFYING CANARY OF ASSOCIATION BETWEEN PAYING and PHYSICAL ADDRESSES STEP:
Sent an email per instructions to canary.btc@gmail.com containing the following:

1. 15aJAPshhWsNJRYx4FnjYPd9fer8XM1cNT
2:
----start below------
Same address as in the Signed message from previous step
----end above-------
3: LongAssSignatureString...RFfQ3koovqa0Hr9xfIJTk7lMKmFIOlk3fO4FZ11tzHeOT51Hfo=

6. FINAL STEP, SEND SHIPPING LABEL PDF TO CANARY

I sent another email to Canary's canary.btc@gmail.com, this time attaching PDF from STEP 3 and the following body:

d9192cc3d48721355e897317d6164be6702b5d26bd38e613fc1b973a7c157a7b (from STEP 1)
15aJAPshhWsNJRYx4FnjYPd9fer8XM1cNT (sending/receiving bitcoin address)
940550XX9930002541XXX (USPS tracking number from shipping label PDF from STEP 3)
LongAssSignatureString...RFfQ3koovqa0Hr9xfIJTk7lMKmFIOlk3fO4FZ11tzHeOT51Hfo= (from STEP 4)

What confused me by far the most was, what was my "sending address"? I receive botcoins with 15aJAPshhWsNJRYx4FnjYPd9fer8XM1cNT, but is it the same as my "sending address"? It turns out, Canary's instructions had the explanation but it was a bit too vague for me. He stated, "first sending address", which I was able to discover right here:

http://blockexplorer.com/tx/d9192cc3d48721355e897317d6164be6702b5d26bd38e613fc1b973a7c157a7b

It turns out that my sending address is the same one as my "receiving address". It may or may not be true for you, but for me it was the case since I use the same address for receiving bitcoins. Regardless, first address from  blockexplorer associated with the transaction should be provided on second line. The blockexplorer site also verifies that indeed 1.55 was transferred from my bitcoin address to Canary's bitcoin address:

It all really makes sense, but getting their is confusing at first. Once you did it once, it's super super easy and fool proof.

Thank you.

Boris!!! you just made my life easier!! thank you, I'm going to add 3 free USB miners into your shipment for writing this up!!!

another way to look at bitcoin is that it's nothing but a ledger system, so that the btc are sent from addresses that actually have funds... those in accounting can probably explain this better than me...  here's a good video if you haven't seen it yet: http://casascius.wordpress.com/2013/04/24/i-made-a-video-as-a-reply-to-ron-paul/

here's another link to your transaction via blockchain, it's more visually "pleasant": https://blockchain.info/tx/d9192cc3d48721355e897317d6164be6702b5d26bd38e613fc1b973a7c157a7b

8 )
7queue

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 08:16:00 PM

I attempted the below, I have multiple receive addresses in my wallet, when I look on blockchain.info for the transaction it lists three of my addresses and one I don't have, the payment went through but these instructions don't work for me???

How do I find out what address was used to send the btc funds? How does one verify a singed message not knowing what was used to send the funds Huh

Signing seems to work, verification fails Huh

Trying some things on testnet now to see how this all works ...

Thanks

How I did it.

1. PAYMENT STEP.
I got enough BTC into my local Bitcoin-Qt wallet for the purchase of 5x ASIC Erupters, which Canary is selling at 0.31 per at THIS TIME. I sent the payment and it asked me to pay extra 0.0002 BTC for transaction. I clicked OK and it went through. After some time I went into Transactions tab in Bitcoin-Qt, right clicked on the -1.5502 transaction and selected show transaction details, which gave me Transaction ID:

2. ONLINE NOTIFICATION OF PAYMENT STEP
I posted in this thread per Canary's instructions:

BorisAlt; 5; 1.55; 15aJAPshhWsNJRYx4FnjYPd9fer8XM1cNT

The 15aJAPshhWsNJRYx4FnjYPd9fer8XM1cNT was the address that I use to receive my coins from other sources (more on this later).

3. PAYING FOR SHIPMENT STEP (optional, if you don't want to pay BTC for shipping)
I went to USPS and selected Ship a Package --> Print a Label:

Navigated to specifying address. Note, check the box to specify ZIP code to ship FROM ANOTHER ZIP CODE:

A few clicks later related to weight and size and shipping options and entering my credit card info, I got a window to print or save it as PDF. I saved it as PDF.

4. ASSOCIATING YOUR PAYMENT ADDRESS WITH YOUR PHYSICAL MAIL ADDRESS
Followed previous instructions on signing a message (physical shipping address) with my (bitcoin) address.
Will repeat briefly, that's what it looked like in my case:

Clicked "Sign Message" and got green confirm that it was done. Note, it creates a Signature at the bottom.

5. NOTIFYING CANARY OF ASSOCIATION BETWEEN PAYING and PHYSICAL ADDRESSES STEP:
Sent an email per instructions to canary.btc@gmail.com containing the following:

1. 15aJAPshhWsNJRYx4FnjYPd9fer8XM1cNT
2:
----start below------
Same address as in the Signed message from previous step
----end above-------
3: LongAssSignatureString...RFfQ3koovqa0Hr9xfIJTk7lMKmFIOlk3fO4FZ11tzHeOT51Hfo=

6. FINAL STEP, SEND SHIPPING LABEL PDF TO CANARY

I sent another email to Canary's canary.btc@gmail.com, this time attaching PDF from STEP 3 and the following body:

d9192cc3d48721355e897317d6164be6702b5d26bd38e613fc1b973a7c157a7b (from STEP 1)
15aJAPshhWsNJRYx4FnjYPd9fer8XM1cNT (sending/receiving bitcoin address)
940550XX9930002541XXX (USPS tracking number from shipping label PDF from STEP 3)
LongAssSignatureString...RFfQ3koovqa0Hr9xfIJTk7lMKmFIOlk3fO4FZ11tzHeOT51Hfo= (from STEP 4)

What confused me by far the most was, what was my "sending address"? I receive botcoins with 15aJAPshhWsNJRYx4FnjYPd9fer8XM1cNT, but is it the same as my "sending address"? It turns out, Canary's instructions had the explanation but it was a bit too vague for me. He stated, "first sending address", which I was able to discover right here:

http://blockexplorer.com/tx/d9192cc3d48721355e897317d6164be6702b5d26bd38e613fc1b973a7c157a7b

It turns out that my sending address is the same one as my "receiving address". It may or may not be true for you, but for me it was the case since I use the same address for receiving bitcoins. Regardless, first address from  blockexplorer associated with the transaction should be provided on second line. The blockexplorer site also verifies that indeed 1.55 was transferred from my bitcoin address to Canary's bitcoin address:

It all really makes sense, but getting their is confusing at first. Once you did it once, it's super super easy and fool proof.

Thank you.

Boris!!! you just made my life easier!! thank you, I'm going to add 3 free USB miners into your shipment for writing this up!!!

another way to look at bitcoin is that it's nothing but a ledger system, so that the btc are sent from addresses that actually have funds... those in accounting can probably explain this better than me...  here's a good video if you haven't seen it yet: http://casascius.wordpress.com/2013/04/24/i-made-a-video-as-a-reply-to-ron-paul/

here's another link to your transaction via blockchain, it's more visually "pleasant": https://blockchain.info/tx/d9192cc3d48721355e897317d6164be6702b5d26bd38e613fc1b973a7c157a7b

Did not work on testnet, one address only, what am I doing wrong Huh

8 )

8 )
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
  Print  

Jump to: