Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:01:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you behave yourself when selling?  (Read 194 times)
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:57:17 PM

Let's  suppose  you  want  to sell  a coin  that  you purchased  and  now it's  on 50 cent  and  the best  bid  on the exange    you  are willing  to sell  is  0,20 .

Why your post is looking so weird? have you been writing in a pentium 3 or what is wrong with your keyboard?

Anyway, i haven't reached out your real question, but i have never seen that kind of spread or just price difference on the same exchange with the buys/sells.

I remember that there are some that are selling a crypto at $1,30, and you need to buy them at $1,50 (buy/sell)

But that is a huge clickbait for most users.. But the "buy" price is the one who is always being displayed on coinmarketcap.
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:33:16 AM

It really depends on all the information you have on that particular coin. If I think a massive sell of will happen, and that price is probably a good one, and I will sell it. If in a later time I think it will go up again, I will just buy the dip, and I'm making profit. If I think there is no reason for the price to go down, and it's the market doing it's normal cycles, then I will just hold it. For instance, bitcoin price is dropping a lot these days, and I sold a few at $14k, I am now waiting for an opportunity to buy them back again.
That's true , it is conditional actually . When you confident enough to predict the price will continue to grow then why you have to sell it at low?
Just set the sell position at the highest one , that's the reasonable one to make profit.
Otherwise you can easily do an arbitrage trading , just move your coin into an exchange that have higher price.
ajiejot

Activity: 392
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:48:05 AM

In my opinion, as long as you already have profits and you are already happy. Just don't be greedy. Even you will put sell order, just wait on it. My strategy is setting a sell orders before the high volume amount of total amount of selling price. I just doing profits. Sell when already have profits.
GREATLOVE

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:56:42 AM

Let's  suppose  you  want  to sell  a coin  that  you purchased  and  now it's  on 50 cent  and  the best  bid  on the exange    you  are willing  to sell  is  0,20 .

How  do  you  generally behave

Do you sell  or  do you wait  for best  offers?  Do you go on other  exanges  where  there are better bid offers?

Do you sell  a small ammount  at the best offer  and then  wait  for  other  best  bid  to  sell to?

For example It'  always  a  pain  to see  a coin at  the market price  of  2$   and  having to sell it  at 1,6009j  because greedy people  want to buy  only  at this  leve (example)  in that moment

How  do you beahve  usually in these situations?  Do you ake  distribution selling  (selling  a  small piece  time to time  for the best offer) or  do you  sell everything  at the best offer  just  because  you want  to liquidate everything?

Know it's  a  stupid  question, because it  depends  of the situation, and  how  high  you consider the coin go, and  so on..

just  to  know ho  do you behave  in these  situations

Probably ofcource I do sell when my price goal already. In trading I just learned this in my friend that you must have a price goal in order for you to not lose it again. Just don't panic when it's already drop and don't be tempted when the price already reach what you want sell it don't wait for more higher.
tatum506

Activity: 311

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:08:36 AM

How  do  you  generally behave

Do you sell  or  do you wait  for best  offers?  Do you go on other  exanges  where  there are better bid offers?

Do you sell  a small ammount  at the best offer  and then  wait  for  other  best  bid  to  sell to?

For example It'  always  a  pain  to see  a coin at  the market price  of  2$   and  having to sell it  at 1,6009j  because greedy people  want to buy  only  at this  leve (example)  in that moment

How  do you beahve  usually in these situations?  Do you ake  distribution selling  (selling  a  small piece  time to time  for the best offer) or  do you  sell everything  at the best offer  just  because  you want  to liquidate everything?

Know it's  a  stupid  question, because it  depends  of the situation, and  how  high  you consider the coin go, and  so on..

just  to  know ho  do you behave  in these  situations

I always set the milestone to profit, not too greedy whether it is. In addition, I also define the milestones to minimize the damage I usually leave at 20%. In terms of profit you need to know how much is enough to constantly monitor the market, technical analysis. Good luck
acener

Activity: 1274
Merit: 115

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:51:08 AM

I'm not really the pushy type kind of seller, but I do carefully strategize and plan how to sell my coins by means of competing with other sellers. I just slightly lower down the price of whatever coin I sale to the point that it will be more persuasive to buy than other sellers. It actually works for me and I hope it works for others as well.

cryptogideon19

Activity: 316

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:45:59 PM

patiently waiting until my plans reach my target price..

patient wins every time in market Smiley and if you mad upon the dip you will lose maybe your coins or opportunity Smiley
Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:27:39 AM

I'm not really the pushy type kind of seller, but I do carefully strategize and plan how to sell my coins by means of competing with other sellers. I just slightly lower down the price of whatever coin I sale to the point that it will be more persuasive to buy than other sellers. It actually works for me and I hope it works for others as well.
Lol, the topic sounds kind of funny when I read– how you behave when you sell Bitcoin lol. Well, sometimes I do get pushy to sell my Bitcoin and get the money, but it all depends on the situation at hand, If the situation is bad, I might sell immediately, but if things seems to be alright, then there is no need to rush.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: