Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:59:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bios Modding with 2 Identical Cards  (Read 58 times)
hksr (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:06:48 PM

So I'm thinking about modding my bios' for my RX570s and RX580s. 

I have 2 identical cards for each, so if I mod one of them and something goes wrong that leaves me with a bricked card, is it as easy as copying the bios from the good card and reflashing the bricked one?  Or is there more to it than that?
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bakhtra

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:15:32 PM

So I'm thinking about modding my bios' for my RX570s and RX580s. 

I have 2 identical cards for each, so if I mod one of them and something goes wrong that leaves me with a bricked card, is it as easy as copying the bios from the good card and reflashing the bricked one?  Or is there more to it than that?
Even if you only got 1 card each, if you just don't forget to make back up of your bios, that's OK.
hksr (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:24:12 PM

Even if you only got 1 card each, if you just don't forget to make back up of your bios, that's OK.

Oh ok, so as long as I backup the original bios, I can always just revert back with a flash?
Bakhtra

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:39:23 PM

Oh ok, so as long as I backup the original bios, I can always just revert back with a flash?
Yes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: