Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:48:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: altcoin wallets  (Read 244 times)
ben alman (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 08:25:06 PM

i am interested in investing in all kinds of altcoins.
i understand that it is safer to keep the coins stored in a wallet however it is very hard to find a wallet that keeps many types of coins.

is there a good altcoin wallet that knows to store all types of coins?
should i have multiple wallets for the serious types of coins?

i would like to get some help from your experiance.

i am new to all of this and want to make my first steps safely.

thanks

ben

gantez

Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 08:34:49 PM

This is also one issue I have to tackle because I realize I don't get to see some aitcoin I'm suppose to get & some of these altcoins would be valued in the future. You have raised a nice question.
BUSTEDCLUB

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 08:42:49 PM

Ledger can store almost everything, some wallet need his own QT wallet. but if your token is ethereum based, myetherwallet can handle it.
emoji00

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 08:48:14 PM

i understand that it is safer to keep the coins stored in a wallet however it is very hard to find a wallet that keeps many types of coins.

thanks

ben

I think it is a lost cause really. For ERC tokens is fine, but everyday there are 50 new variants of bitcoin, ethereum and two new (useless) chains. It is impossible to support them all even for the most dedicated team.
papuayenigine

Activity: 93

CLOUT media.decentralised

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:21:03 PM

thanks

ben

I think the wallet which you are looking for is myetherwallet. You can store all your coins which are erc20 based. Also I think it is suitable for the first steps.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CLOUT - Media Decentralized    ◆    [Join ICO Now]    ◆    Whitepaper / ANN Thread    ◆    TFMTD
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
onesalt

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:31:33 PM

I would recommend Ledger, it supports many altcoins and it is the most safest way to keep your altcoins.
beskid

Activity: 252
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:31:56 PM

the Coinomi wallet supports around 80 cryptocurrency.  But, on the other hand, the minus of the Coinomi wallet is the lack of versions for the personal computer and iOS, it is possible to install only on Android.
Justyn

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:34:32 PM

I think it is a lost cause really. For ERC tokens is fine, but everyday there are 50 new variants of bitcoin, ethereum and two new (useless) chains. It is impossible to support them all even for the most dedicated team.
With how many forks of bitcoin there I'm surprised someone hasn't built a wallet that automatically pulls all the relevant constants from Github and adds support for coins on the fly. Would be quite the revolutionary technology.  Anyone wanna do that for me?  Tongue
Justyn

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:36:08 PM

the Coinomi wallet supports around 80 cryptocurrency.  But, on the other hand, the minus of the Coinomi wallet is the lack of versions for the personal computer and iOS, it is possible to install only on Android.
You can always just share private keys between wallets, no? And if you're on a computer you can just use core wallets. Most altcoins hardly have a chain > 1 GB.
trouble401

Activity: 72
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:40:47 PM

anyone have recommendations for which xvg wallet to use?  I keep everything on my ledger so I am a little hesitant about non hard wallets but right now all of my xvg is on an exchange.

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1135054)
ucok_aball

Activity: 504
Merit: 107

👨‍👩‍👧‍&#

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:43:23 PM

altcoin wallet that I think is very nice is myetherwallet because myetherwallet can to store all the coin there so no need to bother thinking about it live we send to the wallet and it is safe

Chrisjay29

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:51:46 PM

thanks

ben

My friend i suggest that use myetherwallet.com.I been using that wallet since i came here.Its have a toturial to be more secured on your wallet eventhough its already completely secured.Just QR scan or the jason file...Private key is not good recommendation.Just pick on those two choice
rallyko

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:55:30 PM

I try to diversify the risks. For this, I hold a part of the coins in myetherwallet-on this purse you can hold a lot of coins. A part of the coins I keep on the official purses of the altcoins. And part (small) on the stock exchange.

cryptopuma

Activity: 202

SIMPLE SHOPPING AND SAFE PAY

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:19:55 PM

Theres no existing wallet that stores all the alts,however hardwallet is the most secured wallet today,erc20 tokens are safe in myetherwallet.com

Shirin16

Activity: 254

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:34:27 PM

thanks

ben

according to my experience, all types of coins have differences and of course it can affect the wallet used.
ledger and trezor might help you safely store altcoins, and if ethereum-based atcoin you can simply use myetherwallet.
this is link for making myetherwallet wallet and download trezzor and ledger.
https://www.myetherwallet.com

goodluck!!

Direwolve735

Activity: 448
Merit: 232

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:50:55 AM

My favorite wallet is Coinomi. The Coinomi wallet supports 86 crypto-currencies, and in this aspect it is the undisputed leader. Coinomi is a very convenient and secure web wallet. To get yourself a Coinomi wallet, you need to go to the official coinomi.com site and download it to your smartphone. Minus the Coinomi wallet is the lack of versions for the personal computer and iOS, there is an option to install only on Android. Security, good service, impeccable reputation and the availability of an affiliate program - all this can be said about Coinomi.
Gangy

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:56:48 AM

Well exchanges are getting safer as well but if you want to lower the risk you can store your coins in a wallet. Best ethereum based wallet is probably myetherwallet. It is a very popular wallet and i never had any problems there. Just keep your private key safe and you will be fine.

NikitaSkublov0202

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:18:22 AM

Does anyone know anything about FreeWallet? I wanna try but decided to search for more info first
MirandaGreen12

Activity: 131
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:26:51 AM

Does anyone know anything about FreeWallet? I wanna try but decided to search for more info first

Never heard of it. What's good about it? I'm using Bitcoin Core, everything is OK, it's quite stable, but the commission is just killing me, to make a transaction, the commission for BTC is $15!
yunuzov

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:27:41 AM

Myetherwallet should be your first wallet if you ask me because it’s safe and simple for new users. There are also many other wallets but as a new comer go with myetherwallet . It also can keep so many various alt coins.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: