Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:18:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Bitcoin Down?  (Read 840 times)
tommaso1987

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:59:30 AM

Because this market is a bubble, and like every bubble sooner or later it explodes, bubbles aren't stable by definition. The only reason Ethereum is increasing, in the top 15 currencies, and also yesterday for a few hours Bitcoin Cash, is because people are converting their cryptos to these two currencies in order to sell them, because instead of BTC, BCH and ETH are a lot faster and cheaper for transactions.
It is exactly what I did last weekend.
Soon it will be a hell for the people who remained inside.
This for the short-medium term, for the long term (2/3 years) I am very positive like everybody else here.
leonjeager

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:12:18 AM

The reason why people are selling is because a lot of investors have put their money into BTC to receive their proportionate amount of the new coin that is created after the fork occurred. Now the fork is cancelled, they are re-investing in altcoins.
Aldi888.

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:14:11 AM

Up and down prices is common on trading
Naurah03

Activity: 108

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:22:46 AM

i think, bitcoin price down because of the stock trading that is too free, this makes the level of public confidence decreased against bitcoin
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:25:48 AM

Bitcoin is down because rumors that the chinese government is going to ban local cryptocurrency mining because it burns too much energy.

If you are a long term believer in bitcoin then you shouldn't be worried about short-term price decreases.
Bitcoin has no where to go and short-term price decreases just make the currency more stable, it shows that even though all those bad messages came out, bitcoin was still able to survive, it gains more trust from its holders and brings newcomers.

I don't think that the recent decreases could be counted as "bitcoin goes down" more like bitcoin fixes its price.
It went up really fast recently, nothing can go up so fast without going down to fix its price.
kramchers

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:26:29 AM

Looking as to why bitcoin is down
people are selling bitcoin or buying altcoins with great possibility to x10 or more in value with bitcoin price now a double your money in an instant is impossible so most holder now are getting altcoins to make their profit more great. in due time people will sell their tokens just to be back in bitcoin community. so no worries on this!
hitrawal91

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 09:47:44 AM

Bitcoin is down and believes me it is a just short-term sideways trend but the long-term trend is still in an uptrend which can be visible in the weekly and monthly timeframe. The sideways trend normally tends to react in such way that it takes out the weak traders out of the game before the new and bigger rally starts and right now this downside correction is just trying to shake out the traders from the game by creating such a panicking movement that the traders who are already holding their positions they just exit from there. you better stay away from these sideways trends or just hold your positions if you can do it.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
oseikuf44

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:51:04 AM

I think there are a lot of profitable ways to make money on altcoins now ,with numerous ICO and value coins in the market, most traders are selling their bitcoins for such coins and ICOs. This is the result of bitcoins been bearish.
uyalun85

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:53:15 AM

previously bitcoin was mooned so hard and everything else was going for a straight downfall. Of course, others have their turn to shine as well.
tommaso1987

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:54:53 AM

people are selling bitcoin or buying altcoins with great possibility to x10 or more in value with bitcoin price now a double your money in an instant is impossible so most holder now are getting altcoins to make their profit more great. in due time people will sell their tokens just to be back in bitcoin community. so no worries on this!
If this were true you would see an increment in the altcoins' values as always happened before, but it isn't true now.
BurhanPSG

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:55:29 AM

Not just bitcoin but other altcoin also decreased, I think this is due to dump when we do trading. But we can take advantage of the declining bitcoin price, we can buy some bitcoin and get profit when the price goes up
sirkings0003

Activity: 252

Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:02:27 AM

The answer is not far away. The major contribution to this is the present high cost of processing fee when transferring bitcoin. if one can spend as much as 20% of his money just to make payment, you does not encourage at all

LOVE on the Blockchain (Viola.AI): Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI | Website: http://bit.ly/Viola-AI-BitCoinTalk | Watch the CEO: http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO | http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO-CN
Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:07:18 AM

The answer is not far away. The major contribution to this is the present high cost of processing fee when transferring bitcoin. if one can spend as much as 20% of his money just to make payment, you does not encourage at all
I believe that bitcoin is down because many investors will really invest into altcoin.However we dont have to act this time in a panic way because feom the syart bitcoin is really something like haeding through up and down movement and  that was really normal on this field that is why we dont have to be afraid of bitcoin price because it can really rise on the other day .
kumarrajuiitd

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:10:14 AM

Bitcoin price is down at this short moment but in long-term investment, it will reach a new milestone. As dropping down of pricing is the ideal time to hold and buy more bitcoins. The price is down because the big players are taking their profits.
xebecstyx

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:14:37 AM

Just another day in the crypto world. Prices go up and then prices do down. Buy when low and sell when high. Just hodl your bitcoin and the price will increase after this dip, it always does.

I agree. I think it's just normal market movement and trends. Even if bitcoin is the most powerful amongst all cryptocurrencies around the market, it won't be possible for it to go always up every time. If that happens, the cryptocurrency market would surely fall because it would be one-sided favoring only bitcoin if it is the only asset that has the capacity for continued rise. All others would be left in the rubble, basically in the wake of bitcoin's dominance. And it's not actually going down, the market is moving and playing, which should be good because we know that there are other assets that's gaining besides bitcoin.
Kim Ji Won

Activity: 350
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:19:42 AM

Just another day in the crypto world. Prices go up and then prices do down. Buy when low and sell when high. Just hodl your bitcoin and the price will increase after this dip, it always does.
Right, and this is usually the best time to invest again your money in bitcoin. This kind of dip are what most of us are waiting so that they can add more to their first investment in bitcoin.  The volatility of bitcoin is an issue ever since so we don't have to worry about the frequent price change. We just have to use it to our own advantage.
Jltan

Activity: 61

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:22:20 AM

Bitcoin is not down. It's just temporarily investors cashing out on the major breakthrough Bitcoin has achieved. We will definitely see Bitcoin rising back and higher in the near months.

Pre-ICO: January 4th  |  The Intelligent Blockchain  |  ICO: January 16th
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   M▲TRIX   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN  News  Scene  Showcase | ██  Whitepaper:  Bussines | Technical  ██ | Facebook  Twitter  Github  Telegram
Marsouc

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:24:02 AM

Currently BTC is not so interested. They need to solve fee issues and transaction time. If they solve this and BTC can be used for daily usage (P2P) than it can burst again.
omorfi

Activity: 728
Merit: 264

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:33:42 AM

Due to high energy consumption Chinese government trying to ban Bitcoin mining activities. I read some news about that. But i am not sure if it is real or fake news. But this affect the price of btc i think
android17

Activity: 259
Merit: 76

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:35:57 AM

Sir it was a normal thing, that is the proof that Bitcoin price is volatile. There are times that it will pump and there are times it will dump. This happens in a single period of time and it is not surprising. In this scenario we shouldn't panic and be bother because suddenly it will be back to normal. I believe that even if bitcoin price is descreasing, it will never loose its value.

▬[  dClinic.io  ]▬  
▌ A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain  ▌
▬▬  PRE SALE ENDS 15th OCTOBER▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: