Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:51:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin lightning network  (Read 184 times)
Lucacrebbe (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:14:40 PM

Can  someone  explain please  what is  this  lightening network, and  when will it be implemented?

When  willl be  lightening  network implemented to bitcoin?

I still don't  understand  what  this  lightning network  does...

If  it  will be  implemented  lightning network  to bitcoin,  will bitcoin became scalable and will there  be  cross chain transactions  between  differents  blockchains?

Exemple:  (bitcoin--->  to Monero)

When and if  this  will happen the price of  bitcoin will skyrocket, better  to accumulate now  that  is  at  the dip

Lucacrebbe (OP)

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:36:31 AM

can someone explain?

aintnopassincraze

Activity: 233
Merit: 106

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:51:55 AM

Cross chain swaps are called atomic swaps that is completely different than Lightning Network. LN is a way to make the system a tad bit more centralized in order so the transaction time and fees will get drastically reduced. I am not sure to what degree but I would imagine transaction would be under $1.00 again and the speed is almost instantaneous if not so.

Tristan1337

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:47:14 AM

Can  someone  explain please  what is  this  lightening network, and  when will it be implemented?

If  it  will be  implemented  lightning network  to bitcoin,  will bitcoin became scalable and will there  be  cross chain transactions  between  differents  blockchains?

When and if  this  will happen the price of  bitcoin will skyrocket, better  to accumulate now  that  is  at  the dip

If you want to know what lightning network is, well just check this long detailed video out on youtube.  Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zVzw912wPo

Enjoy!  Grin
wagi

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:04:03 AM

I dont really know what the lightning network really is.
But as i know and i get informatoin about lightning network, it is more about to fix high fee and slow transaction that bitcoin has. If it is applied in bitcoin so i have no doubt that bitcoin will skyrocket again.
Memenya

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:14:29 AM

If you want to know what lightning network is, well just check this long detailed video out on youtube.  Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zVzw912wPo

Enjoy!  Grin

Thanks for sharing the video. I think i need to watch it too as my knowledge about lightning network is limited.
But as i know, lightning network purpose is to make the fee become lowest possible or maybe zero.
realknow

Activity: 546
Merit: 120

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:01:46 AM

But as i know and i get informatoin about lightning network, it is more about to fix high fee and slow transaction that bitcoin has. If it is applied in bitcoin so i have no doubt that bitcoin will skyrocket again.
I agree with you - hopefully the bitcoin exchange rate will bolt like lightning, and give many advantages to the loyal bounty hanter.

mondeo.96

Activity: 223
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 11:12:29 AM

I agree with you - hopefully the bitcoin exchange rate will bolt like lightning, and give many advantages to the loyal bounty hanter.

Here for example GoodLN_BTC ( https://1ml.com/node/03369be10d4a62551fc13dbc15c2c586104482814315f7becfa5cd7499a3e69e9d ) and saytik riveted, certainly will develop and what to do now to "anyhow" (http://goodln.com/) can quickly turn into a large-scale projects (for example LNBIG.com)

Domain information Domain Name: GOODLN.COM Country: Ukraine and the owner is hidden (It means that they paid extra for protection not to publish your full name).

Code:
IP 193.169.189.208
Host: sitepro.hostsila.org
City: Kiev
IP range: 193.169.188.0 - 193.169.189.255
Provider Name: Hostpro Ltd.
Domain Name: GOODLN.COM

Personally, I fundamentally support beginners ...

P.S.> goodln - Altruists of  Grin once again pay hike for a domain and a server ... I connect to such start-up projects, because in time they will become "fat"  Wink
sunsilk

Activity: 2926
Merit: 620

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 11:22:10 AM

In layman's term lightning network will provide faster but cheaper transactions for bitcoin.

And for an example of this kind of transaction, you may refer to this: Quick Brew? Bitfury’s Coffee Machine Accepts Bitcoin Via Lightning Network.

For an example video: Bitcoin Lightning Network so FAST!

ophyrim

Activity: 994
Merit: 391

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 11:51:20 AM

can someone explain?

The future of bitcoin. The solution of scalability problem. You are going to transfer BTC cheaper and also faster. This is very important if BTC will adapt to the real world.
mondeo.96

Activity: 223
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 12:19:04 PM

The future of bitcoin. The solution of scalability problem. You are going to transfer BTC cheaper and also faster. This is very important if BTC will adapt to the real world.

I see that many are starting to build large networks. Thanks to startups like GoodLN_BTC ( https://1ml.com/node/03369be10d4a62551fc13dbc15c2c586104482814315f7becfa5cd7499a3e69e9d ), I'm sure everything will be fine.
We just need all of us to support them !!!

I urge everyone to start using! Get connected. Let's develop technology together !!!
ssuchy

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 06:40:48 PM

can someone explain?

In any case, users of cryptocurrency will choose fast and cheap opportunities to complete transactions. To date, Bitcoin in this regard is far behind, But if you work on it, then the situation may change for the better. In any case, it is Bitcoin that can become the topic of a means, with the help of which you can transfer significant amounts for a large business.
cryptomaster420

Activity: 256

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 12:12:11 AM

Can  someone  explain please  what is  this  lightening network, and  when will it be implemented?

There's no good ELI5 answer. If you don't know how bitcoin's first layer works - read up on it first, then read up on state channels, and finally then you'll get a grasp.
LN is a "hack" that gives you relative safety while exchanging bitcoins while not writing transactions on the blockchain. It requires you to dedicate funds to open a channel, and to find liquid enough channels all the way until you reach your recepient. It has very high failure rates, it's nowhere near user friendly enough and was supposed to be finished by now, which is why you'll read a lot of hate towards it.
I don't hate LN itself, just the fact that the first layer was not bumped to 2MB until this actual project is any good. It's progressing well and gaining adoption but we lost time and adoption in the process, which we wouldn't have lost with 2MB blocks until LN has reached an useable state.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: