Bitcoin Forum
September 25, 2024, 11:52:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: need help with bfgminer bat file setup I think  (Read 133 times)
zul32 (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:43:48 PM

Hi all,
I'm trying to mine some litecoins with bfgminer. I've downloaded and installed the software, modified my bat file to look like this for my GPU card:

bfgminer.exe --scrypt opencl:auto -o stratum+tcp://us.litecoinpool.org:3333 -u <<userID>> -p <<pw>>

However, as soon as I execute this (double-click on it) - it opens up the window to start running it which is great.. bad news is that it's pointing to a slushpool.org site and the userID is also wrong instead of my site? I don't get that? any help here on that? It's version 5.4.2

Thanks

not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:14:23 PM

It sounds like maybe it is picking up something from a config file.  I can't recall what the config file is called for bfgminer, something .conf.  See if there is one and either rename it or delete it.

EDIT: I guess alternatively you could also just put your own config in the config file as well...

zul32 (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:33:00 PM

It sounds like maybe it is picking up something from a config file.  I can't recall what the config file is called for bfgminer, something .conf.  See if there is one and either rename it or delete it.

EDIT: I guess alternatively you could also just put your own config in the config file as well...

OK, I found and modified the cf.conf file accordingly.. but it's still coming up with the slushpool.org information. Any help now?
I also thought that maybe I needed to reboot the machine. So, I did that too. Still, that didn't solve it.

Thanks
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:09:38 AM

Where did you download the miner?  Maybe someone hardcoded it when it was compiled to mine for them.

Try one from here: https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer/releases

Make sure your batch file is in the same folder as the executable and/or make sure the batch file has the full path to the executable.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: