Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:33:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Waiting forever on Amazon stock of 1070ti. Awful!  (Read 696 times)
Doctorsti (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:39:40 PM

Ordered 5 1070ti on Amazon 449$ each. Awesome price in today’s market EXCEPT they may never show up!
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:18:02 AM

At least you locked in the price for when they do become available and they will ship right away.  I keep hearing people say nothing will be restocked till Feb but I am hoping that is not the case.  Many of the different hardware components on Amazon say mid jan restock so I am hoping that this applies to GPUs as well.
BTC22

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:19:18 AM

Newegg, BHphoto, microcenter all have them.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:24:34 AM

Amazon loves to push back restocking dates, don't get your hopes up. Worst case scenario you can just cancel the order, Newegg still has a blower 1070ti for around ~530 USD IIRC. Not sure about the other sites and availability.
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:41:23 AM

I don't like buying 6 at a time from Amazon anymore, unless it's a third party seller that doesn't charge sales tax.  Most of the third party sellers are price gouging right now though.  Other places that don't have facilities in my state are much better.  BH is at the top of my list.  No sales tax unless you live in New York ... Free and fast shipping.  You just have to be ready and buy when they have stock ... Wait an hour ... They may all be gone.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
flip4flop

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:06:24 AM

None of these places have any in stock unless you are talking about the resellers asking for 1k and up.  There are zero in stock across all the major distributors. Dont just tout random places. There is shortage and I wouldnt expect any to be available for a few weeks, and if they do they will sell out in under a hour like the last batch 3 days ago on Newegg.
BTC22

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:32:06 AM

None of these places have any in stock unless you are talking about the resellers asking for 1k and up.  There are zero in stock across all the major distributors. Dont just tout random places. There is shortage and I wouldnt expect any to be available for a few weeks, and if they do they will sell out in under a hour like the last batch 3 days ago on Newegg.

Im not "touting" random places. I literally just bought from all three.
BTC22

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:34:09 AM

Newegg does have some in stock, but they are $900. Not too mention Best Buy says they do too.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=1070+ti&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=&sp=&qp=&list=n&af=true&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys
flip4flop

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:38:42 AM

Those are resellers with a crazy markup, click on the buy it options its not from Newegg, no one is actually buying those....I hope.  They are listed on bestbuy as well until you click on them to find a store and there are none available.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:32:51 AM

I was at Newegg's HQ today since it's close to my house. They won't be getting much this week. They have a backorder of about 4k cards. Supposed to be getting a large shipment on the 22nd.

CA 10% sales tax is absolutely painful - but being able to do an RMA in 5 minutes is nice (video card companies have office right next to Newegg on Rowland Heights except MSI in Walnut and EVGA in Brea).
flip4flop

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:44:34 AM

I was at Newegg's HQ today since it's close to my house. They won't be getting much this week. They have a backorder of about 4k cards. Supposed to be getting a large shipment on the 22nd.

CA 10% sales tax is absolutely painful - but being able to do an RMA in 5 minutes is nice (video card companies have office right next to Newegg on Rowland Heights except MSI in Walnut and EVGA in Brea).

That is very important to know, thank you for sharing the date. I will be consistently refreshing Newegg every hour or so around the 22nd. Hopefully many of us can get the cards we have been trolling for.
gotminer

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:50:17 PM

You're right about selling out in an hour.  I watched some 1070ti's that I got a notification for from BH sell out in 45 minutes.  I also got another notification yesterday that they had 1080ti's in stock.  I was lucky enough to get six of them, but they were gone in less than an hour.  You have to sign up for the notifications and be ready to buy as soon as the email comes.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
nedc

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:04:21 PM

Ordered 5 1070ti on Amazon 449$ each. Awesome price in today’s market EXCEPT they may never show up!
How long are you waiting for? I have the same situation. I asked Amazon, but there is no ETA.
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 01:46:24 PM

How long are you waiting for? I have the same situation. I asked Amazon, but there is no ETA.

Weird. I on the other hand was told that the 1070 TI would arrive anytime within 1-2 months. When I asked for a more specific timeline they said anytime between Feb. 1-26.
Considering worst case scenario, Feb. 26 which is more than a month from now is a long time in mining. You would have already earned much by picking another GPU available today and already mining with it.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
nedc

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:18:09 PM

Weird. I on the other hand was told that the 1070 TI would arrive anytime within 1-2 months. When I asked for a more specific timeline they said anytime between Feb. 1-26.
Considering worst case scenario, Feb. 26 which is more than a month from now is a long time in mining. You would have already earned much by picking another GPU available today and already mining with it.
When did the Amazon tell you this?
Jimthecracker

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:34:57 PM

There is a lot of demand for gpu's due to which the cards get sold out quick and it takes time to restock.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:38:46 PM

This is why mining sometimes takes a backseat to buying coins. When the market is calm and cards are readily available people who mine have the safety hedge of having their hardware value.

I bought a boatload of ETH in December knowing full well my farm would never be able to mine that much even in 3 years of future mining, let alone ETH going POS soon.

When card prices become insane it's important to step back and look at things rationally instead of with exubarance. It's like getting into a bidding war for a house in a heated market - don't buy with emotion (greed in this case).

2018 could very easily repeat 2014 again. Sure everybody says "there's no way I would ever sell my crypto for a loss" - they said the same in 2014. Let a coin go down 80% and people panic and get out.
gotminer

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:38:52 PM

There is a lot of demand for gpu's due to which the cards get sold out quick and it takes time to restock.

No shit?  Lol.  We have a fucking genius in the house.

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:04:19 PM

Im not "touting" random places. I literally just bought from all three.

Newegg has been completely out of 1070 ti cards other than "massive markup reseller stock" far more of the time than not since the holidays.

SOMETIMES you can sneak an order in right after they get a restock on a specific card though - like the MSI I just received yesterday.

I've had more than a few notifications that by the time I saw the notification the card had already sold out again the last couple weeks.
 I've pretty much given up on asking for notifications at this point.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
nedc

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:06:43 PM

Does someone have any news?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: