Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:14:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [RESOLVED] Great North Data  (Read 335 times)
YabaDabaDoo (OP)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:45:02 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2018, 11:37:30 PM by YabaDabaDoo

text removed - edit 05/30/2018

issue was resolved
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
YabaDabaDoo (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:47:45 AM

~~~~~~ Reserved for more updates later ~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lay94

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:13:32 AM

I can second that, I got the same.

Luckily for me I do not have 1 year prepaid
YabaDabaDoo (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:20:03 AM

I can second that, I got the same.

Luckily for me I do not have 1 year prepaid

Update - I've heard back from James and it seems he wants to work this out.  I've proposed living out remainder of my 12 month contract + credit of power for downtime I've experience so far.  I think it's only fair to request what I've paid for.

ethos777

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:35:46 AM

My miners waited to be online with them for 6 weeks. Then I requested my miners to be sent back. December 13th they shipped my miners back. Today is January 8th and this is when UPS supposed to deliver them (got 4, still waiting for 2 more miners). They used slowest possible service!!! Here is the summary of my experience with GND:

- 2.5 months of lost mining opportunities
- I paid shipping from USA to Canada
- I paid Canadian import tax (15% instead of 5% promised by James)
- I paid for 10 months of service (refunded)
- they paid return shipping that took 4 weeks in transit
- during the 6 weeks of no service they barely responded to my emails with totally useless excuses

I'm glad I'd only sent 6 miners to try them out before sending the rest. I was a bit lucky that I pre-paid in Ethereum and I got refunded in USD at the current ETH rate, so I made up for my shipping costs and import taxes as ETH went up. But at the same time not mining for 75 days with 6 Miners is a huge loss! That's about $9000 as I was making $20 per miner per day on average with my other miners.
djkice

Activity: 99

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:55:21 AM

I'm also waiting over 6 weeks for my miners to be setup now and the replies get thinner over time.
mady_qt

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:52:19 PM

Guys,

Its the same case for me as well. I have several posts for Great North Data. Please be really careful dealing with them.
Michaeljayclark

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:38:15 PM

Add me to the list an I only sent one miner. At this point I can defiantly agree do not send them miners
Michaeljayclark

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:28:10 AM

My miner is now running no issues.

The website says capacity full and from what I’ve been told the power company that was supposed to give them hydro power is not living up to their end of the bargain.

I can confidently say great north is not a scam. 
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:59:20 AM

The website says capacity full and from what I’ve been told the power company that was supposed to give them hydro power is not living up to their end of the bargain.

I understand the feeling when one is not getting the response as at when due especially when you have invested quite an amount of money in the project. I am also glad you are giving updates on the progress made so far which made everyone see that the service provider is actually open to improvement compared to others that would tarnish the company's name and wont even bother to update even if the issue has been resolved. I would suggest you change the title of the thread in other not to spread false claim.
djkice

Activity: 99

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:14:09 AM

I understand the feeling when one is not getting the response as at when due especially when you have invested quite an amount of money in the project. I am also glad you are giving updates on the progress made so far which made everyone see that the service provider is actually open to improvement compared to others that would tarnish the company's name and wont even bother to update even if the issue has been resolved. I would suggest you change the title of the thread in other not to spread false claim.

I agree that they are not a scam.

I'm unsure about transparency and honesty however. When I contacted them I was lead to believe they had immediate availability, therefore I prepaid the hosting and air frighted the miners to them. I'm  still waiting for these miners to come online(two months later).
solarismedic

Activity: 24
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:00:29 AM

“If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's probably a Ponzi scheme.”

Charlie Lee said that and I'm pretty sure it applies here.  I don't doubt your miners are hard at work right now, too bad they are pointing to the pool and account of his choice.  So not only is your miner safe and sound, he's making money off power you've prepaid for them.  Do you really think anybody is going to leave profitable ASIC miners just sitting on the floor of the warehouse?  There's alot of small companies running this kind of scam in the US.  I have no doubt these guys had a business plan initially and it all just sort of took on a life of it's own after financial troubles/price of bitcoin going insane.

The guy is a lawyer after all.  I'm guessing he made no commitments and SLA as to when they would be plugged in and for how long.  $75/hour labor...my God.  Hell has a special kind of place for people like this.  I hope you all get what's owed to you, and at minimum your mining equipment back.
YabaDabaDoo (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:30:24 PM

Update!!!

Sorry everyone, I was away from the forum to resolve some non Bitcoin related things and its my first opportunity to return

My issue has been resolved amicable between both parties.  I've made a payment to cover for the installation of my equipment (as stated in contract) and I am continuing the remaining terms of my contract.  I will not go into full details but the problem was a result of a misunderstanding which was hashed out and things are back to normal.
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:44:27 AM

Update!!!

Sorry everyone, I was away from the forum to resolve some non Bitcoin related things and its my first opportunity to return

My issue has been resolved amicable between both parties.  I've made a payment to cover for the installation of my equipment (as stated in contract) and I am continuing the remaining terms of my contract.  I will not go into full details but the problem was a result of a misunderstanding which was hashed out and things are back to normal.
Then you should update the OP or the title by putting [SOLVE] so people will not be confused about the headline/title of the thread since its indexed in google already.
andresrp

Activity: 135
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:43:26 AM

My personal experience with GND has been awful. I've sent more than 100 miners since November 2017 and as of today March 22 2018. i Currently have running 25 miners. James Goodwinn accepted to compensate my losses from only a fraction of the miners i've sent, that was a week ago, today i got an email from Kevin Cooper saying he doesnt feel like they owe me anything and wont be covering any losses.. Overall experience, Terrible. Will seek to start a legal litigation.
chetminer

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 09:44:05 AM

Took tons of my money and that of my clients under contract he never fulfilled his obligations and we purchased miners which the owner never gave us because quote "our lawyers came back and told us that they weren't ours to sell but client miners so you can't have them", kept the money and filed bankruptcy from what I was told. I hope we get our equipment back in full if he hasn't sold it yet. I am heading up there with my legal team soon and we are going to finish getting what is ours back. Side note if you have been hurt by him or ripped off reach out, his bankruptcy doesn't fully protect him! He's a lawyer! when he represented himself he became liable personally. I know more than anyone as I have been hurt the most next to a few locals and his staff, along with a few of his outside investors. Also, I have approached by his other clients they have told me their stories too! and as I am heading back up there to deal with him directly with my legal team and with the local police. We as a decentralized industry need to protect each other. Guys like him ruin our industry and should be able to do this to all the people they have hurt. also I would have a look at his eBay honest trader handle. selling your hash power. If you want to join this legal action I am taking respond I will help you. He can't hide behind this all I have great lawyers and they will hold him accountable.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: