Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:11:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Know Your Customer  (Read 5754 times)
squog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 12:48:04 PM

Yeah I'm pretty sure they do that to prevent money laundering and other illegal transactions. Then again, i don't have a problem with them reporting me. Besides I'm not doing anything wrong and it just absolves me of all guilt and accusation. I just hope the information i give out is safe and i won't be a victim of identity theft.

Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arinalwa

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 11:14:24 AM

KYC should be there in my opinion but it should be disclosed to government only for big transactions. Some people are using it to store illegal money.
If I have a pizza, burger shop and somebody buy pizza from my shop I don’t need to know who he is. I have no concern with this. People are having misconception about know your customer. Especially in crypto world KYC has no relation with it. I is not a production, it is a currency and a business. Collecting information should be for users and not for customers in this regard.
Rhaizan

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 11:45:42 AM

Yeah I'm pretty sure they do that to prevent money laundering and other illegal transactions. Then again, i don't have a problem with them reporting me. Besides I'm not doing anything wrong and it just absolves me of all guilt and accusation. I just hope the information i give out is safe and i won't be a victim of identity theft.
That is exactly the problem with kyc, they can use your identity so make sure that you only send your identity on trusted people, kyc is need on investment and that is normal . We just need to be careful always on our identity .
yousbabtle

Activity: 75
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 06:56:32 AM

For exchanges, ICOs that collect KYC information, when are they required to send information to the government.

If I remember correctly, in the US if you make a money transaction, such as through Western Union, or bank, $3,000+, within the same day, or smaller amounts during consecutive days, the institution must collect your ID information and Social Security and report it to the government. I forget which entity of the government.

Does that mean that if one participates in an ICO and puts in over $3,000, that gets reported to the government? Or if you move $3,000 out of an exchange, that gets reported?

Its fine to have kyc as long as it will be implemented before the campaign starts in order for the participants to have the proper preparations, that is the only reason why it should be declared before the campaign starts.

That and because people have to be aware that their personal data will be requested and used and they have to give their consent.
Although KYC actualy helps with protection and like some anti fraud mechanism not all people feel comfortable revealing their identity. But it's hard these days to use any of services anonimously.
It is not about the customer, it is about the users. Customers are different than users. If you open an account in a bank they will collect all your data because you are going to their user and not customer. You are not buying anything from the bank. KYC is not important for departments. It is only required by the production companies. This is the right definition of KYC.
Faeton

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 02:36:18 PM

For exchanges, ICOs that collect KYC information, when are they required to send information to the government.

If I remember correctly, in the US if you make a money transaction, such as through Western Union, or bank, $3,000+, within the same day, or smaller amounts during consecutive days, the institution must collect your ID information and Social Security and report it to the government. I forget which entity of the government.

Does that mean that if one participates in an ICO and puts in over $3,000, that gets reported to the government? Or if you move $3,000 out of an exchange, that gets reported?
Yes, most likely, that's the way it is. Only in different countries there are their own rules and their conditions for providing such information about transactions in the crypto currency, which is transferred to the state authorities. Therefore, if you are required to provide identification information on exchanges and exchangers, it is clear that such information will be sent to the appropriate authorities on a regular basis, or on individual requests.

Angela28

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 03:54:43 PM

If you want to do business successfully, you have to know that your business is a customer and that you can understand them by what you can understand the customers you will succeed because they are the creators. out of profit for you
wasaisi

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:15:52 PM
Merited by Yantoaja (4), Lucifers (3)

I do not think the use of KYC is to report any transaction or investment to the government. The use of KYC is prioritized as a sign of one's seriousness in investing in ICO and ownership of a coin. Maybe it's meant that any illegal or cheating transaction happens we can track that person.
Coleen

Activity: 57

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:20:49 PM

Although the phrase “know your customer” may seem insignificant to most people, it has a very important meaning in the business world. The process of knowing your customer, otherwise referred to as KYC, is what businesses do in order to verify the identity of their clients either before or during the time that they start doing business with them. The term KYC can also reference the regulated bank practices that are similarly used to verify clients’ identities.
Zachwolf

Activity: 121

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:29:21 PM

The answer to your question depend all on the country where the ICO or exchange is located. A court in the US recently decided that the exchange coinbase has to forward all customer data to the authority. In this case it does not rely on the amount and is like opening a bank account where your data will be submitted to authorities. US residents are currently anyway not allowed to participate in ICOs abroad. The US is doubtless the most regulated country in the world.

From what I've read regarding Coinbase, the IRS won a case and Coinbase has to hand in the identity of all of its users who withdrew $20,000 in US dollars.

This is also a one way to identify who are the people involve in that bounty campaign and also to prevent from scammers or scam project. But as of now not all campaign needs KYC's. It depends on the bounty manager.
paparexon0414

Activity: 432
Merit: 126

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:22:45 PM

At first i dont know why is kyc is needed in buying tokesn from ico's. Some people wants to be involve in this kind of earnings without revealing who they are. But in some point, it could be a big factor that will help to eliminate the unnecessary things that might ruin ones project. Indont know if getting kyc will secure their buys without compromiaing their identities and leaked it to the web.
walleconomy

Activity: 114
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 07:49:44 PM

If we talk about the verification of KYC during the ICO, then I think that no one tells the state this information. KYC check in my opinion is used to exclude bots.

✦╱╲▬✧P A P U S H A . I O✧ Rocket Technology▬
(  ❍  ) ▬▬▬THE LATEST TECHNOLOGY TO ▬▬▬
◢\___/◣ ▬DESTROY OIL REFINERIES RESIDUES▬ 
Smitt

Activity: 888
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 08:05:37 PM

KYC in ico is used to recognize the holder or buyer of coins in ico, and it is enabled to avoid cheating or a hacked account. In this case, I think KYC in ICO has no effect on government institutions. If there is no KYC in ICO may be very dangerous to the owner of the coin, the problem is the identifier for a purchase (investment) that protects the owner. If KYC ICO is connected to a government agency, you know that some countries still do not know the crypto world or still have not legalized crypto.

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
  ▄▄▄                  ▀█▄▄▄█▀
▄█████▄                 ▀███▀
███████                   ▀
 ▀███▀
  ▀███                   ▄██
   ████                 ▄██▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
||..THE WORLDS FIRST...........
..SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ▐█████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
|
Jackulero

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 08:48:55 PM

Yes, most likely, that's the way it is. Only in different countries there are their own rules and their conditions for providing such information about transactions in the crypto currency, which is transferred to the state authorities. Therefore, if you are required to provide identification information on exchanges and exchangers, it is clear that such information will be sent to the appropriate authorities on a regular basis, or on individual requests.

I think why KYC is needed in some ICO for the safe records of investors and for their information to be considered by the specific country that the ICO is allocated.
FiveReels

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 09:37:45 PM

KYC very important to ensure verification process in order to reduce fraud, money laundering and scams. In order to do this, It is important to authenticate money trail from start to end.
kingkonjac

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:19:55 PM

if not know a day will come that the governments or other entities will require our ID`s from ICO`s and that is the reason why the KYC system was introduced in order to keep safe the project in case of a problem with the govnm.

Jamescur

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:20:51 PM

I think there is only a large amount of transactions, and there is a possibility of money laundering in a large amount of transactions! The exchange will only report your trading information!
Every day, small amounts of money are transferred into or out of the market. If all of them report to the government, they will cause great work pressure!
evader11

Activity: 434

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 07:56:51 AM

I think they require that so they will know if the customer is really true because some o them are lying. I know that it is hard to accept their requirements because our identity is needed for it but we need to know and learn why they need it so we can understand them especially to their bounty project.

TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:02:20 AM

KYC very important to ensure verification process in order to reduce fraud, money laundering and scams. In order to do this, It is important to authenticate money trail from start to end.

If we speak about ICO's then true is that they conduct KYC for further smoothly selling of raised funds on exchanges to get fiat

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
gurang

Activity: 350
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:51:43 AM

of course you need to know your customer whether it is a scammer or a bad person, and you also recognize it if it has enough knowledge for you so you can try it as long as you can
Rosilito

Activity: 658
Merit: 274

Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:58:26 AM

May be if you moved it out of exchange. And in addition, ICO here and some money transaction are far different, thus, collecting personal information stuff won't be the same as the way government did in real life. Well I am not in the position to say that but it is what I know, it is somewhat and somehow dangerous to collect personal information because you would handle big things, and the forum doesn't required when you create an account here either.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: