Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:01:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Know Your Customer  (Read 5762 times)
Remedios19

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:30:58 AM

This is good inorder to prevent illegal use of cryptocurrency.
ghost424

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:46:45 AM

For exchanges, ICOs that collect KYC information, when are they required to send information to the government.

If I remember correctly, in the US if you make a money transaction, such as through Western Union, or bank, $3,000+, within the same day, or smaller amounts during consecutive days, the institution must collect your ID information and Social Security and report it to the government. I forget which entity of the government.

Does that mean that if one participates in an ICO and puts in over $3,000, that gets reported to the government? Or if you move $3,000 out of an exchange, that gets reported?

This is absolutely new information for me. At first i was thinking that they are using KYC or Know Your Customer for knowing their platform users that will continuously be with them through out the usage of the platform. Now that i have read this, i was thinking that maybe they are keeping track of those high earners or maybe they are making sure that they are transacting with humans that can travel around the world.
drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:43:50 AM

For exchanges, ICOs that collect KYC information, when are they required to send information to the government.

If I remember correctly, in the US if you make a money transaction, such as through Western Union, or bank, $3,000+, within the same day, or smaller amounts during consecutive days, the institution must collect your ID information and Social Security and report it to the government. I forget which entity of the government.

Does that mean that if one participates in an ICO and puts in over $3,000, that gets reported to the government? Or if you move $3,000 out of an exchange, that gets reported?

This is absolutely new information for me. At first i was thinking that they are using KYC or Know Your Customer for knowing their platform users that will continuously be with them through out the usage of the platform. Now that i have read this, i was thinking that maybe they are keeping track of those high earners or maybe they are making sure that they are transacting with humans that can travel around the world.

Whatever the case, people who have send their personal docs to ico's and haven't been honest tax wise better watch their backs for a long time coming.
Also identities are getting stolen left and right, this is the perfect scene to try your luck at.
Uno17

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:02:29 AM

Knowing who your customers is important but i depends on what kind business you are dealing with, if happens to be a store only i don’t think so it needs to know who your customers are but of course asking and knowing what customers want is must also, and if the type of business that needs engagement for a couple of days, like for example you in advertising business, catering business or any other fields that runs for days, i agree it needs knowing who are your customers to make the transactions successful
baconlike

Activity: 308
Merit: 3

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:31:26 AM

Know the customer information you should know about KYC requires proof of identity as well as provide personal information related to their personal to prevent tampering.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
Andalusy

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 05:11:08 AM

If anyone is sharing his KYC details then he should not expect that governments won't get any information about his investment in that particular exchange. In order to carry the operations smoothly, even someone have to satisfy government and when it comes to crypto companies, things are even complicated and as we all know that governments are not a fan of crypto so they will anyhow try to monitor and regulate this stuff.
ferrybitcoin.1996

Activity: 294
Merit: 119

For Bounty Hunters, Don't Cheat or You DIE!!

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 05:22:13 AM

~as we all know that governments are not a fan of crypto so they will anyhow try to monitor and regulate this stuff.
Because of Political Stuff, they dont want Bank lose with Crypto.
So, they can put Taxes from it.
I am support KYC (except, Crypto), it is good if we talk about Transparency in project. But, broke the anonimity concept of Crypto? NO

kalawang

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 05:34:44 AM

It is pretty quiet question cause we all know that KYC or know your customer is process to know if your costomer is just a bot or it will keep criminals our of your business. They know you but not a lot they protecting their money value of cryptocurrency. I support the right to invest, a good thing.
Lexurdania

Activity: 840
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:44:50 AM

Knowing who your customers is important but i depends on what kind business you are dealing with, if happens to be a store only i don’t think so it needs to know who your customers are but of course asking and knowing what customers want is must also, and if the type of business that needs engagement for a couple of days, like for example you in advertising business, catering business or any other fields that runs for days, i agree it needs knowing who are your customers to make the transactions successful

Know Your Customer (KYC) already implemented on financial sector like banks and others. I think cyptocurrency is financial sector too and if we want regulation from government, KYC must be needed

[ M p l a z a ]                  Metaverse with NFT  |  ▼ social events
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ A virtual hangout place forshopping    
discordtelegramtwitter  [ JOIN NOW ] |  ▼ culture        
spongegar

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:49:27 AM

I guess they only do that to avoid money laudering activities in the ICO. Besides, no one wants to be known as the ICO that criminals use it move their ill gotten wealth right? I think I've heard of wallets doing this also. You have to verify your identity and the more info you put it, the more you can withdraw and deposit.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
Soranith

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 08:11:57 AM

I guess they only do that to avoid money laudering activities in the ICO. Besides, no one wants to be known as the ICO that criminals use it move their ill gotten wealth right? I think I've heard of wallets doing this also. You have to verify your identity and the more info you put it, the more you can withdraw and deposit.
Yeah its a way to protect the business from people who will harm the company we all know that there are plenty of scammers in the internet. But other purpose of the KYC specially when you join ICO is that the country you belong to is not allowed to invest in certain ICO so they need to know if their investors are not violating anything.
petronus

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 02:25:39 PM

I do not understand what kyc's function is. will my data be safe after giving my document to ico project? if ico project scam what happened to my data?

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂   https://tecracoin.io  ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
UNITING SCIENTISTS, INVESTORS AND THE BLOCKCHAIN COMMUNITY
djgtr

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 02:36:18 PM

Does that mean that if one participates in an ICO and puts in over $3,000, that gets reported to the government?

Once you join and ICO with a KYC it will be reported to the government,i think they pass all the participant after the ICO,i dont know about the law but some countries are banning its citizen from joining ICO.

Or if you move $3,000 out of an exchange, that gets reported?

Weather you move your funds or not once you join the ICO the government has the info on your transaction, this is their way of tracking their citizen who can potentially be evading taxes.

Yes, it is because we need to follow tge rules that the government sets for the advantages of the economics and community. The transaction period even where the money goes by, that is the work of the government run for the funds so that they can sustain also to those in needs individual or group of organization.
Sakash

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 04:59:57 PM

Two parties are created through transaction. 1 gives the party and the other party accepts. Why do not you deal with that? He has your link. This makes it easy to find all your information.
Soneo

Activity: 103

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 05:12:46 PM

well, KYC is about identity, money laundering, illigal curculations. what banks report to monitoring authority is another thing.

I think because of this in the game, I'm sure most exchanges in these countries usually have no choice rather than collecting individual data, regardless of how they end up using it.
In addition to good relationships, we already know that it is not the main essence of KYC, the true meaning of it is just to provoke any irregularities that can look more like illegal that we all know is normal anyway for anything to do with monetary policy in most countries
lucyhahaha

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 07:12:23 PM

If anyone is sharing his KYC details then he should not expect that governments won't get any information about his investment in that particular exchange. In order to carry the operations smoothly, even Mark Zuckerberg have to satisfy government and when it comes to crypto companies, things are even complicated and as we all know that governments are not a fan of crypto so they will anyhow try to monitor and regulate this stuff.
JohnWick_Bitcoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 07:16:27 PM

In my own opinion, Kyc is good for the growth of an ico because in this way, investors will notice that the developers are really serious about their project and more consumers are going to come to invest on their coin.
Maame Esi Sergio

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 09:11:48 PM

Well i don't see the need to report such an individual to the government provided the money in the account is legally owned by that person. It may hold for countries like US but this wont hold water in my country. I chose to invest in crypto and that is my decision.
Uhde

Activity: 616
Merit: 124

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 10:34:15 PM

I dont know the answer of your question but asking kyc is so ridiculous in this ecosystem. Crypto is a decentralized ecosystem and the main advantage is anonymity. If you share your personal info what is the meaning of usage...
BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 10:42:00 PM

KYC in exchanges are use for security and verification purposes when you are withdrawing large amount of money. If you lose your password or any means of security it is easier to retrieve if you can provide info if you already done with the KYC process. I dont do KYC when joining ICO because chances of ICO to be successful is low, i dont want to give it to a project that has the possibility to run with my money and identity.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: