Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:04:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I trade on Etherdelta with lower gas?  (Read 360 times)
flashmark (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:54:35 AM

To do any transaction in EtherDelta now we have to higher the gas. Sometimes it is never executing that until we increase the gas to 50 gwei. This is around 5 USD. This is big cost for small transactions. Do you know any best practices we need to follow when doing deposit, withdraw and trades in EtherDelta (specially in these days)?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
johnnywoo2015

Activity: 824
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:50:36 AM

To do any transaction in EtherDelta now we have to higher the gas. Sometimes it is never executing that until we increase the gas to 50 gwei. This is around 5 USD. This is big cost for small transactions. Do you know any best practices we need to follow when doing deposit, withdraw and trades in EtherDelta (specially in these days)?

In reality, there's nothing you could do if you want to trade.

Lower gas == More waiting for transaction confirmation. I found this site for checking the right gas price https://ethgasstation.info.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
mariaana

Activity: 399
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:07:17 AM

Lower gas could mean slower processing of transactions or a failure.  I think there is no other way to lower transaction fee or gas if the network is congested especially that a few weeks ago crypto kitties boom has massively clogged the network.  Now, companies are busy making an end of year transaction closure that also congest the network. Well if is not so urgent need, wait for a few days until the congestion reduce and then make a trade. This page might also help you reduce gas at a safe level  https://medium.com/@ethgasstation/the-safe-low-gas-price-fb44fdc85b91.
Malam90

Activity: 1099
Merit: 116

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:36:11 AM

There is no solution about this gas problem. I am facing this also. This is different from other exchanger.
Temik2704

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:28:14 AM

Lower gas == More waiting for transaction confirmation. I found this site for checking the right gas price https://ethgasstation.info.

If the problem with high gas/low amount of transactions per sec will not be resolved soon - Etherdelta will die.
Every action on Etherdelta now cost ~ 200k gas + 45 gwei = 11$.

anigoweb

Activity: 364
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:44:54 AM

If the problem with high gas/low amount of transactions per sec will not be resolved soon - Etherdelta will die.
Every action on Etherdelta now cost ~ 200k gas + 45 gwei = 11$.

A high probability that after the holidays for a month workload subsides. But what will happen then, I don't know. The cost increase will not solve the problem.
coinsclone

Activity: 189
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:50:43 AM

Hi, Every one

No idea for etherdelta gas problem. i think another one exchanger team...
flashmark (OP)

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:46:56 PM

Now some people are rejecting BTC due to higher transaction fee and transaction time. If ETH continues like this, same thing will happen to it as well. Now there are several coins with higher transaction speed and lower transaction cost. If those projects succeeded, then that is end of ETH and BTC
hidzudin fatku rozak

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:18:28 PM

already a few days I always fail to make transactions in ED because the gas is high.any solve for this problem?

Avirunes
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 03:42:43 PM

already a few days I always fail to make transactions in ED because the gas is high.any solve for this problem?

No there isn't a way to solve this. You have to pass a transaction with a recommended gas price and gas limit to show into your balance.

There are two points you should remember more you put gas price more miner preference you will get and more you put gas limit, the more chances of TX not running out of gas.

Hi, Every one

No idea for etherdelta gas problem. i think another one exchanger team...

I don't know why is this being put in this thread. It's completely out of topic. Don't you think? (Or maybe I am missing something)
francojon

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:12:34 PM

I have used etherdelta and there is not much you can do. Forget about agressive trading when going through the cryptokitties mating season.
masijjal

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:59:44 AM

The best solution is to wait until the ethereum gas transactions decrease. Nothing can do for now. Maybe some next time ethereum can make something new with a more stable gas fee.
Bestprint

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:45:09 PM

Not much choice, with the Ethereum network being so congested (because of the cats and kittens -.-). You can only try a lower price just enough to wait long for it to go through and not failing.
bituperio

Activity: 208
Merit: 13

TRUSTED CARS ICO

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:25:30 PM

I don´t use etherdelta now due to the recent hack. I still have to recover my confidence. What I understand by trading is more than 5 movements a day or so and I think that ED is simply not fit for purpose. It is good just to place an order for some strange token that you can´t find somewhere else.

__                 ☆☆☆ TrustedCar Flex │ Changing Car Ownership Forever ☆☆☆                  __
‗/l__l\__                                 Token Sale June up to 30% Bonus                               __/l__l\‗
╘Θ═╧═Θ.╛   WhitepaperLightpaperANN ThreadFacebookTwitterTelegram   ╘.Θ═╧═Θ╛
arwin100

Activity: 2730
Merit: 806

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 01:35:40 PM

You will get any bad troubles of waiting if you lowered down your gas upon trading on ED since the casting time will be long before we can see our balance on that site. And maybe you should try to grab some exchanger with good performance and not those sites who got compromised of hacking before, And also the best practice for trading on ED or any other site which related on ERC 20 to stretch up the  miners fee so that long time of waiting will be lessen.

wel24

Activity: 275
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:46:52 PM

its hard to trade now on etherdelta if u wish to use  lower gas.My last trade was sunday i have sold my tokens there and ifirst i use 10gwei but its not working .It keeep on saying error transction thats why i adjust my gas to 20gwei and its success,.thats high to pay per transaction
chamara741

Activity: 66

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:56:14 AM

Etherdelta is so much differ from most of other exchanges. There is no tricks of the gas problem. Everybody facing this problem.  Sad
Geurangsang

Activity: 294
Merit: 14

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:24:38 PM

In the past, I was amazed by the presence of etherdelta that is especially present for the Etherum market with lower cost for any action. But, now etherdelta has so slow and often make error and we must set highly gas price for action. Maybe you can set gas with low value, but your transaction will proceed foe long time or will fall.

gold1112

Activity: 196
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:58:57 PM

Yes It is big problem with gas for now! Hope in version 2.0 will be some solutions.
sureshnsnet
Legendary

Activity: 1424
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:04:03 PM

If you trade on etherdelta with lower fee the transaction will be taking more time to confirm the transaction maybe it will take 1 or 2 days also, because of already I try so you have to high gas on etherdelta.

.ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█