Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:38:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are all ICOs banned for US Citizens/Residents?  (Read 151 times)
meanbean (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:13:26 AM

Is US ban only for security coins?  What types of ICO coins are banned for US Citizens?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  I don't want to waste my time researching ICOs only to find out I can't participate.  Happened to me twice today! 
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:20:33 AM

To my knowledge, no country in the world outright bans their citizens from investing in ICOs. ICO's rather not have to deal with the regulatory bullshit from the U.S. and other countries regarding their citizens: mainly taxes.

Whenever you don't know an answer to a question regarding why someone else did something, the answer is almost always directly or indirectly because of $$$$ or love.
meanbean (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:29:18 AM

I think ICOs are outright banned in China.  But I'm getting conflicting information about what types of ICOs are banned for US citizens/residents.  I guess it's case by case?  So confusing... 
Anniee123

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:17:33 AM

Is US ban only for security coins?  What types of ICO coins are banned for US Citizens?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  I don't want to waste my time researching ICOs only to find out I can't participate.  Happened to me twice today! 
Yes, because of the problem of American law, all ICO has restricted the participation of American citizens, which is a pity.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Queen12

Activity: 182

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:31:09 AM

For now, I don't see the ICO facing the U.S., they're afraid of being sanctioned by the United States.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
Mohamme

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:54:12 AM

To my knowledge, no country in the world outright bans their citizens from investing in ICOs. ICO's rather not have to deal with the regulatory bullshit from the U.S. and other countries regarding their citizens: mainly taxes.

Whenever you don't know an answer to a question regarding why someone else did something, the answer is almost always directly or indirectly because of $$$$ or love.
But you can look at each of the ICO, all of which limits the participation of American citizens, and it's not allowed to participate in ICO.

Praesidium

Activity: 409
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:06:57 AM

According to what my research is about, only the country china banned the ICO's for their citizen because that time there are many scam ICO which leads to losses of many citizens in China, meanwhile in US i didn't hear anything about banning ICO to their citizen maybe ill search up to it later. hopefully Americans can access ICO to because its a huge loss to them
Dragonrage201

Activity: 630
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:12:10 AM

I think most ICO teams have not done their homework and just banned US/China investors to avoid trouble with regulators. However, some big ICOs are asking this in KYC and allowing US investors who are "accredited investors" per the SEC definition (basically means high income/high net-worth investors).
meanbean (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:42:33 AM

Man it's hard finding a good ICO... it's even harder to find one that allows US Citizen/Resident participation.  Arrggg!
markers

Activity: 350
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:56:23 AM

Among the ICOs that I have looked at recently, Coinvest provides US citizens a chance to invest in the project. According to the project team, their token is expected to have utility status and they have an intention to make a registration filling with SEC before ICO. So have a look, may be it attracts your attention.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: