Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:18:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-08-10: ZeroHedge: BitCoin Is Now Officially A (Schrodinger) Currency  (Read 1130 times)
n8rwJeTt8TrrLKPa55eU (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 06:48:18 PM

Snotty article on the Bloomberg listing.

In other words, just like everything else in the New Normal world, where economies and markets are both half-alive and half-dead depending on how one looks at them (usually whether central bank XYZ is part of the wave-function collapse), and where financial Schrodingerism rules supreme, BitCoin is now also an official currency as well... if only when looked from the inside out. It is likely that only when everyone has access to the "XBT" data that only then will the beginning of the end for the world's electronic alternative currency commence.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-08-10/bitcoin-now-officially-schrodinger-currency

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 07:30:03 PM

Myopic article - Bloomberg is the center of the known universe blah blah.

The comments below it are interesting. Lots of agenda-driven stuff such as gold bugs duking it out with fiat buffs, plenty of mischief of various kinds, some ignorance, quite a bit of wit... I look at this kind of thing for hints of whatever grand propaganda system might kick in once BTC gets real traction.

I like the Schrodinger metaphor - too bad ZH used it first. It's got potential...

Regulator 1 "I looked for BTC in the commodities box to tax it, but it wasn't there."

Regulator 2 "I looked for BTC in the currency box to ban it, but it wasn't there."

Regulator 3 "I looked for BTC in the box where we keep the procedure manuals, but the only thing there was a stupid cat and it nipped me."

Next day's ZH headline "BTC Catnip for Regulators".     Smiley

n8rwJeTt8TrrLKPa55eU (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 07:46:36 PM

Regulator 1 "I looked for BTC in the commodities box to tax it, but it wasn't there."

Regulator 2 "I looked for BTC in the currency box to ban it, but it wasn't there."

Philosophical explorations wrt. Bitcoin's nature that Pirate should attempt at his next hearing Cheesy
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:42:39 PM

Philosophical explorations wrt. Bitcoin's nature that Pirate should attempt at his next hearing Cheesy

It's true: it is simultaneously a currency, a commodity, both, and of course, neither!

Vires in numeris
eldentyrell
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

felonious vagrancy, personified

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 08:12:32 AM

The commentary isn't the interesting part -- what's interesting is that Bloomberg has prepared their terminals to treat BTC as a currency (or at least an asset), even if they haven't enabled that functionality for anybody other than their own staff.  I find this very interesting.

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 11:13:54 AM

The commentary isn't the interesting part -- what's interesting is that Bloomberg has prepared their terminals to treat BTC as a currency (or at least an asset), even if they haven't enabled that functionality for anybody other than their own staff.  I find this very interesting.

Bolded aspect in itself is actually pretty interesting IMO. Various possible interpretations, but my guess would be that they want to maintain an authoritative credos, and realise they must familiarise their people with this new emergence, just in case it becomes too big too quickly for the whole organisation to be able to look convincingly like they know what's happening. They want Bitcoin awareness to seep into the consciousness of the company culture.

Vires in numeris
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1299

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 02:14:36 PM

They did their research so well they even got the name correct  "BitCoin".  </sarcasm> 

If you can't get something as basic as the name correct, what does that say about the more complex items?

In other words, just like everything else in the New Normal world, where economies and markets are both half-alive and half-dead depending on how one looks at them (usually whether central bank XYZ is part of the wave-function collapse), and where financial Schrodingerism rules supreme, BitCoin is now also an official currency as well... if only when looked from the inside out. It is likely that only when everyone has access to the "XBT" data that only then will the beginning of the end for the world's electronic alternative currency commence.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-08-10/bitcoin-now-officially-schrodinger-currency

herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 04:00:47 PM

I like the Schrodinger metaphor - too bad ZH used it first. It's got potential...

no, don't worry, it was used here already before... I remember ElectricMucus had it in his signature.

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 04:07:56 PM

Considering the original source was Bloomberg - mouthpiece for the establishment - the zh comments are telling and supportive of BTC
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: