Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:10:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can bitcoin function like Ether?  (Read 93 times)
stormivy14 (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:25:22 AM

We hear bitcoin function is like a gold but only better and with higher profitability. But can bitcoin function like Ether? As a token that can  be used in different applications, contracts, a representation for a thing or an object?

I'm still familiarizing myself between the difference of theae two cryptocurrencies
Avispeat

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:27:18 AM

We hear bitcoin function is like a gold but only better and with higher profitability. But can bitcoin function like Ether? As a token that can  be used in different applications, contracts, a representation for a thing or an object?

I'm still familiarizing myself between the difference of theae two cryptocurrencies

It wasn't built for that although smart contracts is something that might come within future tweets and updates. But no ether was built in this way bitcoin is simply not.
Decorsair23

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:30:11 AM

Sadly bitcoin was first made, and its not created like ETH that has functions like smart contract. Blockchain is an opensource so everyone copied the source code and made improvements to the system, that is why ETH was created to give more functionality than Bitcoin.
Fujiati

Activity: 664
Merit: 112

Ethernity CLOUD

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:31:22 AM

I also do not know if it can be bitcoin like ether, I think if bitcoin like ether will eliminate the hallmark of bitcoin, and may affect the hagabit coin

TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:33:34 AM

bItcoin is not buolt to act like ether. In which it can process itself for about as long as we can program it that way. The best thing we can do though is to have establishments run pahment system that can act parallel to bitcoin so thag they can do this
bloodyvio

Activity: 546
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:34:50 PM

bitcoin cannot be like Ethereum
because as far as i know bitcoin was made to become a decentralized currency (just that no smart contract etc)

BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:38:39 PM

I think it is different. Bitcoin has a difference with Ether, so you can not call them both in common. but in terms of popularity so now Bitcoin has a much better rate, we can see the price of Bitcoin is much higher than Etherum. Bitcoin and Ether are the best cryptocurrencies today, for me both have good potential. Bitcoin with its Blockchain keeps dreaming of the cryptocurrecies market for now.
helars2008

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:42:47 PM

The protocol used for creating bitcoin has already been established and we do not have any means of changing it anymore.
Whether we like it or not bitcoin will continue in the years to come the same way it was created years ago.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
cryptonoob312

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:46:17 PM

Unfortunately it can't. That's why Ethereum can replace Bitcoin from the top. Ethereum is more innovative. It works faster, supports smart contracts and is not just a cryptocurrency, but also a platform for other apps and services. Its potential is huge comparing to Bitcoin which is just an asset now.
Nhebu

Activity: 616
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:53:32 PM

They are both different in terms of using blockchain technology, the day that created and using of other features. Bitcoin was first made than ethereum, the creation of this two cryptocurrency gives them an advantage.
The advantage for the bitcoin is that it is more popular than ethereum. The advantage of ethereum is that, it is designed to fill in the insufficiency of bitcoin. It used smart contracts that is needed in the new projects.
They are both good cryptocurrency and I think if bitcoin is like as a gold, ethereum is silve. They have potentials and reloable to all people.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:59:08 PM

We hear bitcoin function is like a gold but only better and with higher profitability.
these are not the only differences!

But can bitcoin function like Ether?
no because bitcoin is a decentralized currency with fair distribution and it will remain like that.
but ether is a centralized useless token that only ICOs use for pumping and making fast money.

As a token that can be used in different applications, contracts, a representation for a thing or an object?
it is only smart contracts which are also available in bitcoin.
there are also side chains like RSK which will bring the same functionality to bitcoin. so yes bitcoin can be used in ICOs, lets hope it doesn't attract that many of them since most of them are junk.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Sevarchik

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:03:24 PM

Its can be reallized by big hard fork, and spelulative developers can do this.
But it was not popular, and i dont want btc working like ether.
Ether full scammers with their ico's

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: