Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 06:06:21 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it required to sync desktop wallet with currency network?  (Read 123 times)
rizabbasi (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:12:25 AM

Hi,

Is it required to sync desktop wallet with currency network. Reason for asking is that I am syncing for Dash and its taking too much space.

Thanks and regards,

Rizwan

Shipping beats perfection. So "ship" and then improve (that 1%).
nioctiB#1

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:00:42 AM

Hi,

Is it required to sync desktop wallet with currency network. Reason for asking is that I am syncing for Dash and its taking too much space.

Thanks and regards,

Rizwan
It depends on the wallet. if that is a core wallet of course it requires you to sync because you are running a master node which means you have the copy of the whole blockchain in real time that is why it takes up too much space in your hard drive. you really dont need to use this kind of wallet if you dont want to download the whole blockchain. just use other wallet for your coins that can provide you your private key.
rizabbasi (OP)

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:07:35 AM

Hi,

Thanks and regards,

Rizwan
It depends on the wallet. if that is a core wallet of course it requires you to sync because you are running a master node which means you have the copy of the whole blockchain in real time that is why it takes up too much space in your hard drive. you really dont need to use this kind of wallet if you dont want to download the whole blockchain. just use other wallet for your coins that can provide you your private key.

Thank you.

Can I use desktop wallet without syncing? That is just generating wallet address for once from the own/designated wallet of the coin.

Shipping beats perfection. So "ship" and then improve (that 1%).
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2884
Merit: 596

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:12:59 AM

Hi,

Thanks and regards,

Rizwan

Did you download the official Dash Wallet? If yes, it would need to sync and you have to download the entire Dash blockchain because its uses Dash masternodes.

I think you should have used the Dash Electrum Wallet. Similar to bitcoin Electrum wallet, its lightweight and easy to used and you don't need to download the full masternodes and setup is an instant just like its wallet counterpart in bitcoin.

Dash has a mobile wallet apps as well, much convenient if you are travelling although you need to be careful to backup everything because the keys are stored on the device.

And then there's a third party wallet like:

• Exodus
- Which I personally used.
  • Jaxx

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
Road445

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:22:24 AM

Hi,

Thanks and regards,

Rizwan
If it's a core wallet, then you need to synchronize complete block data, which obviously takes up too much space, so I usually use a light purse.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: