Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 09:09:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pros and cons of whitepapers  (Read 570 times)
Jling1007 (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:29:21 AM

Question for everyone, what are the signs of a good whitepaper and also signs of a bad one.
dbutp

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:57:33 AM

As far as I'm known , the whitepaper is just for developers to introduce to their project. That's like a document for reference, not realistic fact.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS      [ TowerX ]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK        MEDIUM        TWITTER        LINKEDIN        REDDIT        TELEGRAM
ameliana

Activity: 887
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:10:38 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2018, 12:53:36 AM by ameliana

I think the whitepaper simplifies and clarifies project development. Because without a whitepaper the project is incomplete. but it is not very influential because this protocol can be copied or taken from other projects and modified in such a way, the most important thing of a project is the real action of each roadmap they specify.
BtcBling

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:10:47 AM

Question for everyone, what are the signs of a good whitepaper and also signs of a bad one.

You may know good white paper if it shows what they want to accomplish, informing the public of their project, why they believe their product is needed, it has a roadmap, and what is the methods they need to use in order to meet their goals.

serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1258

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:58:56 AM

I beleive a sign of a good whitepaper defines the detailed roadmap of the project.  Aside from that it also clarifies lots of concerns if there is an upcoming ICO for the said project.  It has the the proposal plans, the problem it addressed, how it solves the project, the team and their portfolio and experiences, the question and answer and the location of the company or group office that proposed  that project.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:15:09 AM

A whitepaper is basically supposed to be used to introduce a company to its potential investors what its capable of doing but the problem with some of these whitepapes is they are exaggerated to the point that the writers of these also seem to only get ideas from existing projects.
Tynovten_

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:42:54 AM

from whitepaper you can see what's necessary and completeness of the project. Maybe problem and solution, roadmap and team with completeness i think that's all base to judge.

ihaveaquestion

Activity: 563
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:24:53 AM

They have to be very studied at the beggining.. the WP is one of the most important things of an ico, if it has been writen by a 15 years old guy, the entire ICO is going to be the biggest shit that has been created so far.
So for me, if they have a great design and a good proper language, it is a good one.
piloder
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:33:26 AM

Whitepaper should  provide detail information about the project and how ico investors will be benefited by it in both short and long term.

Also it should describe why they are different than other similar platform and how they can easily get ahead of their competitor.

Rather than whitepaper project behind it is important because if project can't make any profit when they will start their operation they can't complete what they have promised in the whitepaper.

Try to look for projects that have realistic claims and complete roadmap of development for at least next 12 months.
thil87

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:34:38 AM

A good whitepaper should be concise. It should clearly reveal the problem its trying to solve and why their solutions works in believable terms.
BlockEye
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1097

Bounty Mngr & Article Writer https://goo.gl/p4Agsh

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:35:23 AM

They have to be very studied at the beggining.. the WP is one of the most important things of an ico, if it has been writen by a 15 years old guy, the entire ICO is going to be the biggest shit that has been created so far.
So for me, if they have a great design and a good proper language, it is a good one.

Whitepaper being the eye for the investors whether to invest or not must be detailed and in accordance to their goal and organization, does it indicate the growth and process of the project. It should be clear to understand and to read as well. It should explain the good return of investment. That's why many preferred to invest on trusted companies or organizations, those who have already a product to lessen their time to read set of pages of whitepaper. But they should still read it to not miss out any detailed to not regret investing at the end.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1261

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 07:28:48 AM

A good whitepaper should be concise. It should clearly reveal the problem its trying to solve and why their solutions works in believable terms.

I would not say so. A good whitepaper for me at least is something that explains the current problems at hand along with the solutions that the startup is going to provide in order to combat those problems.

However an extremely technical whitepaper is generally a no - no for me. I get turned down by too much of technical jargon and most whitepapers try to keep it to a minimum otherwise there is a separate "technical whitepaper".

However a badly written whitepaper or a rushed whitepaper is a bad mark for the project.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
hermae

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:26:51 AM

I would not say so. A good whitepaper for me at least is something that explains the current problems at hand along with the solutions that the startup is going to provide in order to combat those problems.

However an extremely technical whitepaper is generally a no - no for me. I get turned down by too much of technical jargon and most whitepapers try to keep it to a minimum otherwise there is a separate "technical whitepaper".

However a badly written whitepaper or a rushed whitepaper is a bad mark for the project.

I believe a good whitepaper states their aim or goal. They have to state the problem and come up with a good solution to convince investors to invest in their projects. It also has to be realistic and not just for the show.
Lumada

Activity: 520
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:20:49 AM

Those rush whitepaper that has plenty of typos and has many unanswered questions or hangs in sentences that we should really avoid joining with and a good whitepaper for me is less page yet can vividly be viewed their ideas.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
Coin12

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

1st of May

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:56:31 AM

I think with the whitepaper simplify and clarify the development of a project. Because without the whitepaper the project is less complete.

Yes whitepaper is very important in any project and without whitepaper the project is like die.
But though the project has whitepaper, its not guarantee whether the project os good or not. Need more deep research.

》》  HashCard   ∥|▌ REVOLUTIONISING HOW YOU USE CREDIT & DEBIT CARDS
▌|∥     JOIN WHITELIST     ∥|▐
Whitepaper TelegramTwitterFacebookMediumGithubYoutubeANN Thread
burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:05:54 AM

In whitepaper, you can see their the team behind it and it is the most important thing inside it, we need to see who were the team was, what are their objectives in it, their probable solutions and many more, so you have to explore and do research about the team behind it as it is the most important part of it.
TravelMug

Activity: 2660
Merit: 854

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:55:22 AM

Good Sign:

1. Roadmap - there should be at least a roadmap and what the project wants to accomplished. At least a good 3 - 6 months project pipeline.
2. The team - the devs or the top management should be also has a name and a face in the Whitepaper so that we can verify if they are really legit or not.
3. Jargon - not too much technical terms, because most investors will not understand it anyways. Brief concise and straight to the point.

Bad Sign:

1. Spelling mistakes - If I found some spelling or grammar mistakes, I tend to stay away because it doesn't look professional. They are asking investors to pour money on them and yet they can't even proof read their paper
2. No teams mentioned. - very shady to me

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:10:54 AM

since you posted this in trading discussion I am going to focus on that.

you only read an altcoin's whitepaper if you are interested in its technology and want to learn more about how it works and what ideas it is implementing. otherwise as a trader reading the whitepaper of an altcoin is not going to give you any worthwhile information about it. altcoins work based on hype and pump and dump. and neither of the good ones ever give you as big a profit as a pumped shitcoin can give you.

Only Bitcoin
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:17:15 AM

Good Sign:

1. Roadmap - there should be at least a roadmap and what the project wants to accomplished. At least a good 3 - 6 months project pipeline.
2. The team - the devs or the top management should be also has a name and a face in the Whitepaper so that we can verify if they are really legit or not.
3. Jargon - not too much technical terms, because most investors will not understand it anyways. Brief concise and straight to the point.

Bad Sign:

1. Spelling mistakes - If I found some spelling or grammar mistakes, I tend to stay away because it doesn't look professional. They are asking investors to pour money on them and yet they can't even proof read their paper
2. No teams mentioned. - very shady to me

Yeah, after reading many whitepapers It's not so hard to spot a shady/bad ones. I always skip projects that doesn't reveal details about team and advisors.

To good signs, I would also add detailed fund section and comparsion with competing projects.

since you posted this in trading discussion I am going to focus on that.

you only read an altcoin's whitepaper if you are interested in its technology and want to learn more about how it works and what ideas it is implementing. otherwise as a trader reading the whitepaper of an altcoin is not going to give you any worthwhile information about it. altcoins work based on hype and pump and dump. and neither of the good ones ever give you as big a profit as a pumped shitcoin can give you.

Well, if you only focus on short time hype trading it is true, whitepaper and basics won't matter. But if you also invest long term, it may show the potential of the project.
wayancrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:27:22 AM

In whitepaper there are detail explained all about the project, like what problems the want to solved and the solutions,.how does the project work, ICO information detail, the team founder , they has working product/ MVP etc. But to know the project good or bad i also check in their youtube channel to find interview of the team founder, just to know if the team is real person

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: