Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 03:22:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pros and cons of whitepapers  (Read 568 times)
Shanley

Activity: 86
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 02:57:03 AM

It’s vital that the white paper includes a detailed technical description of the project, and its future development plans (development roadmap). In theory, the team should present a detailed working plan for the next 12–18 months, which should include the beta-launch. If some tasks of the roadmap have already been performed, that may be considered as an advantage for the project team.
Haleytyr

Activity: 90

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 02:58:31 AM

I think a perfect white paper won’t help a bad project. If the project team proposes a solution to a non-existent problem or to a non-essential problem, or if its members lack development experience and are not familiar with the blockchain, it’s highly probable that the project won’t be successful — even if its documentation is brilliant.
Coopeer

Activity: 68

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 02:58:52 AM

I think that a good white paper should have a clear plan and a substantive role. It must be clear when it introduces its project, and it must be practical, and it must have sufficient innovation. This will attract a lot of investment. This will make this project better developed.
jone sonie

Activity: 67

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 02:59:52 AM

There are a few sections a good white paper must have:
- Problem
- Solution & Product
- Token Implementation (how the token works with the product, economics and technical)
- Token Deployment & Plan
- Team
Mr.Binss

Activity: 48

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 03:01:41 AM

From my point of view, a good whitepaper should have the team section. I think it is the most important section of any whitepaper. I like to know who they are, what their objectives are, and what their reasonable solutions.
Elizabesth

Activity: 65

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 03:02:48 AM

A good whitepaper should indicate a specific plan. I generally like to see a detailed plan for the next 12–18 months (that includes a beta launch at minimum)
Alyssaff

Activity: 47

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 03:03:57 AM

I argue that a good cryptocurrency white paper should explain how the technology will work, and the best white papers do so with varying levels of complexity and technical knowledge required.
Gracefs

Activity: 60

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 03:07:30 AM

The best white papers will be honest about why their solution needs the blockchain. Many projects freely admit that they’ll only be using the blockchain for token generation and some smart contracts management, and that’s perfectly okay. But if a startup claims to have some novel idea for blockchain-based carwashes or something like that, beware.
chengyinoing

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 03:07:39 AM

Question for everyone, what are the signs of a good whitepaper and also signs of a bad one.

A good white paper you can see the team behind them, this is the most important thing in it, what are their goals.

The drawback is that some con artists use a good white paper to blind investors' eyes.
gehtrs

Activity: 129

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 03:10:24 AM

The advantage is that it fully discloses its team, project prospects, and project planning. The downside is that for ordinary people to come to the book they can not tell whether the information they disclose is true or not. Many white papers have appeared. Liars are everywhere.
Sarahhd

Activity: 65

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 03:11:14 AM

Personally, I argue a good whitepaper should include tokens statistics part. I think it is the one of the most important parts of a good whitepaper. What is total supply, price of token, soft cap? How many tokens go for crowd sale, for team, advisers and bounty.
idioma1

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 03:24:42 AM

Good Whitepaper is well structured without exessive unnessesary information that clarifies the main question that appear from the side of investors.  It has to have roadmap, analysis of the opponents, explanationa and expectation about the groeth of the token, the teammembers and information about them.
newbie-hero

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 11:36:36 AM

A good white paper should have the following sections:
- A problem
- A proposed solution and the product description
- A description of the token commercialization (product interaction with economy and technical provisions of commercialization)
- Team members
- Tokens issue and perspectives

Yes, I guess a bad whitepaper can also touch all these questions but it will not open them up to the end. Here is a good video about whitepaper in general:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ILpLo5TSnM
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 11:51:47 AM

Apart from all the necessary dos and donts given above, Language is really important, written in easy to understand format, capturing interest with apt keywords and enough detail to get a clear picture. Typo errors are always a turnoff. Just keep it simple with team, project details, vision and solution highlighted.
defoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2018, 12:24:39 PM

Question for everyone, what are the signs of a good whitepaper and also signs of a bad one.
A good Whitepaper should contain the following sections:
- problem;
- suggested solution and product description;
- a description of the implementation of the token (like interacting with the product, Economics and technical implementation);
- team;
- token issuance and further plans.

At the same time, despite the fact that the section devoted to the project team is usually located at the end of the document, it is one of the most important elements.
And do not forget that Whitepaper is only a marketing tool, if the project is of no interest to anyone, even high-quality Whitepaper will not save it.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.network
Huskarls

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 01:08:30 PM

good whitepaper should bring all the readers to learn something new, and not explain unimportant thing that generally we saw like others whitepaper
content of the whitepaper explain the point of the project, and at one page at least give a limit of word

i almost see the whitepaper like reading a whole dictionary  Embarrassed
it will make people to skip or even didnt want to lazy read those whitepaper
TrufieldICO

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 01:13:09 PM

Good whitepaper should be brief and straight to the point. Albert Einstein said "If you cannot explain it in simple terms, you don't understand it well enough". Most whitepapers now a too long and full of irrelevant information. Good whitepaper should be problem, solution and how. Simple, no fancy words
Gontxi

Activity: 966
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 01:24:51 PM

there is no benchmark to be a comparison in judging a white paper. most importantly, you should try to understand it especially for the concept issues raised into the white paper. if not logic, you can search other ico.
trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 01:30:04 PM

Usually they all look like same to me as long as you dont go reading them upto their depth! The logics and protocol written in their can give good idea to technical person and for common investors like me, I just care about what is new in that paper and in what way it is different than the best once that I have already seen until now. So its more or less comparison for me but does give me idea about how to proceed with my investment. FYI : I read the whitepaper only if the project summary helps me understand what new in that. Dont fall for many of the project who just copy paste the dam thing!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
binghope

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 01:31:52 PM

The advantage is that it helps us better understand the ICO project. All project information is in it. However, there are also some inadequacies if we are overwhelmed by the Whitepaper, which may not be practical, and they can draw on a fake project, with captivating words. But the fact is that ICO does not work out as they say.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: