Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:47:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: KittyHats - Accessories for CryptoKitties  (Read 107 times)
dr0w (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:53:53 AM

A little background

Okay so I'm not sure how everyone here feels about CryptoKitties but this feels like a safe space for talking out loud about crypto stuff!

As a lifelong gamer, when I first saw CryptoKitties I immediately flashed back to my childhood days playing Neopets. A virtual pet game made a lot of sense to me. It got me wondering what other possibilities are available for these kitties now that they have owners - clothes, fights etc. I know a lot of other people are making new games / coins / ERC721 tokens - puppies, fish etc but I truly feel the power of crypto comes from the ability to access a truly global, open structured database and create worlds that build on top of each other.

As I was learning about blockchain technology / smart contracts I met some likeminded hackers on the internet and we decided to make KittyHats.

What is KittyHats?

KittyHats.co lets you put clothes and accessories on your CryptoKitties.
KittyItems are ERC20 accessory tokens stored on the ethereum blockchain that can attach themselves to ERC721 tokens. They stick to your favorite kitties, they show up in the marketplace on the CK website, and they transfer smoothly along with the kitty from owner to owner. Owning a KittyItem gives you the right to apply that item to a single kitty once (similar to CS GO skins)

How to get KittyHats

Install our chrome-store-approved extension and you will see the KittyHat store icon appear below the "share" icon for your kitties. In the store, you'll be able to try on and purchase different accessories for your kitties. These tokens are limited in supply and will be viewable to any CK player that has the extension. You can also see your dressed up kittens on our website. Some interesting features:
  - You can play on our website or within the Chrome extension
  - We offer on-chain revenue splits with our artists, who are fairly compensated for their work
  - We plan to use IPFS to distributed assets and become completely distributed

White paper
Chrome ExtensionWebsite
Discord

We'd love to hear what this community thinks of the project! We believe the future of the CK ecosystem (and of cryptogames in general) lies in community driven projects that create a vibrant, rich and immersive experiences for gamers and a framework where game makers are easily and fairly compensated for their work in global distributed network.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: