Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:25:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the worst trading decision you've ever made?  (Read 1376 times)
mrtryonebiggums

Activity: 322
Merit: 111

Revolutionized Rotating Savings & Borrowings

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:50:03 AM

Watching the graph everyday of a coin that was going down and then finally I caved and gave in to selling it for 50% loss. Little did I know that a few days later it would pump for 100% gain meaning if I was patient I would have gotten all my funds back. Lesson learned the ones that hurt like this are the best lessons despite how much they suck, long term I will benefit from it.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
reganvegan (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:03:53 AM

Watching the graph everyday of a coin that was going down and then finally I caved and gave in to selling it for 50% loss. Little did I know that a few days later it would pump for 100% gain meaning if I was patient I would have gotten all my funds back. Lesson learned the ones that hurt like this are the best lessons despite how much they suck, long term I will benefit from it.

Good attitude. I did the same with a coin - bought it for 2c, it went down to .6c so I sold and cut my losses. Today it stands at 8c! Still, that was about a year ago and the money I got from selling it, I've put into other coins that have made money so not toooooo big of a loss. And yeah, a good lesson learned haha
nikjain422

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:10:43 AM

When i started trading,i thought it would be just like the local trading like share market or mutual funds but that was my first mistake.I started with coins which i thought they are because my thinking was they are new people will invest in it as their prices are low and this will spike the prices up but i was wrong people invest their money by checking the quality of coins rather than it's prices.I lost whole of my investment with that and than i started from beginning now i am happy with my trading skills.
ledinasaliasi

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:27:40 AM

usually the worst decision i made from trading is making the order to sell too slow when the price drop too much, that really has made me lost so much money, however i will say that is unavoidable decision because we must all loose money when deciding to sell to cut losses.
CantIdentify

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:32:59 AM

That I only used ONE website to keep me updated about all the news :/ dammit!!! why did i do that? sorry it makes me a bit angry when im thinking about it
now I have tons of tg channels that I follow
Also stuff like the merkle, coinjournal, cointelegraph. youtube channels too. actually cointelegraph has a very cool one and it's hilarious
so yeah.. not making the same mistake again.
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:47:09 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 12:09:50 AM by cybersofts

We always hear people posting about their awesome trades and/or gains but very rarely hear about the stupid things that people do. With that in mind, let's hear the biggest brainfarts you've had while trading crypto...
For me, the worst trading the decision I made was in late November where I sold my STOX tokens for $0.566 each because their value in not growing to the level I want and yesterday I saw STOX was selling at about $1.5 each. I said to myself - shoot! is that STOX am I seeing or another coins with the same name. Smiley
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:52:57 PM

My worst decision in trading was not buying ETH when the price was too low in the past and I never thought that it will go above $1k in such a quick time and if I would have bought ETH at that time then right now I would be enjoying huge profits and that regret will always be in my mind and now I don't think that its price will crash as its moving higher and higher and can even touch $1500 price in coming days and if it falls below $1k then this time I won't miss the opportunity of buying it.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
rodskee

Activity: 2366
Merit: 191

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:55:55 PM

We always hear people posting about their awesome trades and/or gains but very rarely hear about the stupid things that people do. With that in mind, let's hear the biggest brainfarts you've had while trading crypto...

My very worst for my trading job i'm panicking for my investment I can't control myself and my emotions i sell my coins into lower prices and i lost more than 30 percent of my investment i don't know if you beleive my story after 2 days the coins pumping the price in the marketplace more than my expectations.
Thats the worst experience for mind and also that is my lesson how to become great trader to avoid losses.

preditor422

Activity: 86
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:24:40 PM

For me the worst trading decision i have made was to blindly followed my friend instincts and didn't even bother to question him once.He kept on investing money and i kept on trusting on him and one day market crashed and whole money was ZERO.When i checked where he had invested,i found that this fool has invested whole money in one coin which has already crossed his past limit.I was so shocked and depress that it took me a week to recover.
dankJ

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:35:44 PM

lol...not buying bitcoin when they went online in 2009 for pennies Smiley
grim66

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:51:19 PM

Well there's been a fair few rushed trades which have resulted in typos and buying at a much higher price than intended, I wouldn't say they're decisions though. Recently I wanted to stoploss a coin and bittrex being a pile of crap wouldn't let me sell for a few minutes because they were overloaded and I couldn't log in. After that I had missed my stoploss price and it dropped a further 5% or so and I thought 'oh it's too late now', well since then it's dropped a further 50% and now I'm bag holding like an idiot.
Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:57:39 PM

The worst trading decision I ever made was I traded Adex at the first wave of the pump. It is so sad that I traded Adex at that point. That was last year, I remembered that a btc is only worth 3000 usd that time. I traded it and obtained .19 BTC. And if I waited for just a day. JUST A DAY, and I should've had .44 BTC. Sadly, that's why I valued hodling. THat is probably the best thing to do in order for you to profit a lot.
reganvegan (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:05:54 AM

The worst trading decision I ever made was I traded Adex at the first wave of the pump. It is so sad that I traded Adex at that point. That was last year, I remembered that a btc is only worth 3000 usd that time. I traded it and obtained .19 BTC. And if I waited for just a day. JUST A DAY, and I should've had .44 BTC. Sadly, that's why I valued hodling. THat is probably the best thing to do in order for you to profit a lot.

Agreed - after a few attempts at day trading, I'm now a member of the Hodl Army
vudeptraihpv

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:22:59 AM

My biggest mistake was "top buy, sell bottoms"
In 2 days I lost 50% of my property
reganvegan (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:54:16 PM

My biggest mistake was "top buy, sell bottoms"
In 2 days I lost 50% of my property

Damn, that's so brutal. I hope you've recovered your losses...
reganvegan (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:07:04 PM

Agreed - after a few attempts at day trading, I'm now a member of the Hodl Army

I totally agree. On a similar note, my friend got the Adex FOMO hard and bought at the top of its ATH lol. He's been holding and looking to offload ever since...
reganvegan (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:14:37 PM

Well there's been a fair few rushed trades which have resulted in typos and buying at a much higher price than intended, I wouldn't say they're decisions though. Recently I wanted to stoploss a coin and bittrex being a pile of crap wouldn't let me sell for a few minutes because they were overloaded and I couldn't log in. After that I had missed my stoploss price and it dropped a further 5% or so and I thought 'oh it's too late now', well since then it's dropped a further 50% and now I'm bag holding like an idiot.

Do you mind me asking what coin this was?
reganvegan (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:26:06 PM

lol...not buying bitcoin when they went online in 2009 for pennies Smiley

Was it actually on your radar at that point?
reganvegan (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:37:21 PM

For me the worst trading decision i have made was to blindly followed my friend instincts and didn't even bother to question him once.He kept on investing money and i kept on trusting on him and one day market crashed and whole money was ZERO.When i checked where he had invested,i found that this fool has invested whole money in one coin which has already crossed his past limit.I was so shocked and depress that it took me a week to recover.

Damn, that's rough! So irresponsible of him! Are you guys still buddies?
Crytptohack

Activity: 126
Merit: 15

HodL!

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 11:42:18 PM

Probably selling LTC when it was $40 after a few bucks profit...  Learned quickly that these markets do not trade like the conventional markets.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: