Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 03:45:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the worst trading decision you've ever made?  (Read 1376 times)
nikenv2212

Activity: 84
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 04:10:49 AM

My worst mistake happened last year, I always procrastinate to buy bitcoin, I was too late to learn that bitcoin was very valuable, I decided to buy it when the price has increased several times  Sad Cry Cry
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 05:30:30 AM

We always hear people posting about their awesome trades and/or gains but very rarely hear about the stupid things that people do. With that in mind, let's hear the biggest brainfarts you've had while trading crypto...

The worst thing I ever did was sell my bitcoin at a very cheap price, I had a huge loss. At that time I experienced a sell panic because the price of bitcoin decreased drastically. Yet a few hours later the bitcoin price went up and I thought I made a big mistake, if only I had patience then I could gain the opportunity to keep my bitcoin assets and then sell them at a much higher price. My mental and emotional level is an important part of taking every decision.

I have the same experience like you and I remember that I sold my bitcoin when the price is at $1000 because I am in an urgent situations. I don't think twice in that time and only sell by instant but now, I will hold my bitcoin and I will sell it if the price is more than $20k but if I have an urgent or I need the money then I will sell it to fills my needs. I think I can handle my emotional to not selling my bitcoin even if the price is drop like yesterday and I am happy that I can buy more bitcoin with a low price.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
inskraer

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:02:26 AM

I bought one coin for all my money, not even knowing how it works. I kept all my money on one exchange, do not do it!
romecheo

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:19:32 AM

I bought more than 70 percent of my investment with specific Altcoins at ATH about 47000 sat each and suddenly it was dropping the value intensely, to cut losses at sold it at 13000 sat each.

Many times this keep happening to me, I never learned once. LOL.   

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
MasterMoney

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:22:25 PM

Perhaps my most stupid decision was to sell the BTC at $2000  Grin Grin
BobBct

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:59:40 PM

I think i bought high and sold very low, what happen is i bought a coin which has a good pump and volume and just dump and i forgot to actually set a cut-loss and i traded a big amount that trade and i forgot that the coin i just traded has a very big event coming coming and that coin just skyrocketed.
chris molty

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:00:43 PM

When I sold my XVG at 200 satoshi while it was up to 2000 sat a few days later
francedeni

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:35:28 PM

When I sold my XVG at 200 satoshi while it was up to 2000 sat a few days later
This was the experience I have in trading, I sold earlier a certain coin then for about a few days it went go high. I also got into panic when the price become lower and suddenly I sold all my coins. So it resulted all of buying high and selling low.
spiker777

Activity: 1000
Merit: 279

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 04:27:22 PM

When I joined a few pump and dump groups and accidentally bought in 10x higher than the start price, only to be left holding the bags at the end. Note to all members. Do NOT join pump and dumps, odds are extremely high that you'll end up losing money as the majority of the trade volume increase seen is from the pump members, not randoms noticing the trend.

magicmeyk

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:16:32 PM

Having a panic sell because you might loss big but we can't avoid that because the market is unpredictable. And also buying on pump that you thought it will further rise but then again its dumping already.
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:02:11 PM

Having a panic sell because you might loss big but we can't avoid that because the market is unpredictable. And also buying on pump that you thought it will further rise but then again its dumping already.

I AGREE. I remember I was once constrained to sell whatever little amount I had because I am too scared to be left with nothing. Hence, I settled for a much discounted value on the premise of going home with a little cash rather than going home with absolutely nothing. I was so down then but smiled at the end of the day knowing I have some penny left. What eroded that belief of mine was when Bitcoin's value started increasing in the last quarter of 2017 to the point that it almost reached $20,000. I should have settled at holding rather than panic selling because I did not need that money then. In fact, it was just an added investment. So my takeaway on this is that for YOU to know your purpose in every act that you intend to do; that way you can at least be certain on why you have to come up with such move and not fret later on.
Lecam

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:04:41 PM

Perhaps my most stupid decision was to sell the BTC at $2000  Grin Grin

I think most of us did this kind of mistake. Since crypto currency is really volatile, there's no way for us to tell whether if the current ATH price would be the highest for all time or if ever it will grow more. However, I think that the best way for us not to regret something is, when we sell we shouldn't try to look back or even check the price of the things we have sold or bought. This is one of the perks of trading, it's either you can have a good smile once you have sold in a good price, or have a regret once price goes up more.
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 06:06:31 PM

For me it was sending 22K Verge to Binance that they cleared as received but not showing for trade, so poof it's gone!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
think3214

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:20:04 AM

We always hear people posting about their awesome trades and/or gains but very rarely hear about the stupid things that people do. With that in mind, let's hear the biggest brainfarts you've had while trading crypto...
You ask this question that reminds me of the past, as I entered the bitcoin market. I do not know anything about bitcoin, I just listen to my friends and I started to buy bitcoin, I think this is too simple, buy bitcoin at low price and wait for bitcoin to increase profit. But I was wrong, then bitcoin prices dropped dramatically. I fear and sell my bitcoin. That was my first failure. And I started learning market analysis, updating bitcoin daily. Now I have had some experience and are still investing in bitcoin.
Fafabol

Activity: 267
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:30:57 AM

For me it was sending 22K Verge to Binance that they cleared as received but not showing for trade, so poof it's gone!

Have you contacted their support? That's something brother and if that willhappen to me I probably can't sleep and sure nobody can talk to me. Grin
Well mine is when I easily dump my adx after I have it without thinking that it can pump sooner, IMO maybe I'm newbie before and being impulsive is also a factor then.
I was so devastated when I saw it had pump, aw those were memories tho.
ThorWin

Activity: 218
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:12:30 PM

Speaking of mistakes I remember the first time I stepped into the bitcoin investment. I keep thinking that profit from bitcoin is too easy. I bought the bitcoin and waited for the price to go up for sale, I did not know the market trend analysis, did not know the nature of the altcoin that I am buying. Then I failed and lost a lot of capital. That was my first mistake and I also learned many lessons in that failure.
geppettomaster

Activity: 85

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:52:25 AM

Buying nxt at 1,5$... a few days before the fork....  Angry

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:10:59 PM

I have made several mistakes but all cannot be termed as worst mistake as I have managed to turn some mistakes into profits or neutral either by holding or by staking if the coin is POS. One notable worst mistake is, I bought 100k doges for 100 satoshi for the target of 125 satoshi but now it is trading around 60 satoshi, I am still holding.

Recently I bought a coin by misinterpreting the name of the coin. Some exchanges are not showing full name of the coin like some exchanges are providing ANN link of the coin so that we can double confirm that we are going to deal what coin.
Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:45:12 PM

I have made many bad decisions concerning trading. I used to trade in real life and I happened to lose much money which led me to depression. And them it happened again until I got used to it and learned from my mistakes. If you want to succeed in something, you have to fail several times.

As for the crypto trading, I am still learning because I need to know about the markets and what would be best for me to invest in a profitable coin.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:58:41 PM

actually this is every traders regrets eversince they are starting to trade,PANICKED this behavior brings all traders to failure and sooner will regret what they have decided because of that action.well me my worst decision is when i sold my ripple becaue of panicking when the price drops and i am losing 20% already,and after just a minute got pumped upto 40% i almost throw my laptop that time lol.😜
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: