Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:33:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MEW (myetherwallet) hacked: FUD or not?  (Read 206 times)
Ayertosco (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:14:42 AM

So, the Ethereum BLUE team ( https://twitter.com/EthereumBlue ) is twitting every minute about a possible MEW hack. It seems that their DNS server is hacked and as you load your private key (they claim that it's stored in cookies by MEW), it can be stolen. If you enter MEW and the default gas price is 41 Gwei then, you're on an hacked MEW site. It appears to be a problem limited to some regions. So...is it FUD since they're rivals or there is some proof behind this? If i'm not wrong, they found the Etherdelta hack recently.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SPINPIX

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:07:51 PM

so if i see  4gwei as price it's the real site? i hope this is a fake news, i don't have may coins on my wallet but it wuold be annoyng swall all to a new wallet, mostly in this period where fees are high and eth so slow
mew hacked could dump eth price?

▮▮█ # metahashYour Gate to Decentralized Internet# metahash █▮▮
#TraceChain#MetaApps#MetaGate#MetaHashCoin
▮▮█▬▬▬▬▬❰Facebook❱▬❰Twitter❱▬❰Telegram❱▬❰Ann thread❱▬▬▬▬▬█▮▮
mrjoy15

Activity: 840
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 01:24:40 PM

Not legit, there's no monumental proof! Ethereum Blue spread such rumors unless they know it to be true. There are rumors myetherwallet DNS server has been compromised. But, it's fine don't access MEW unless come to a solution.
flinty69

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:25:38 PM

Total FUD
VclDm

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:56:40 PM

I have just heard this news but I have not received official confirmation from Myetherwallet and I also checked my account on wallet MEW everything is going well. I think you should not be too worried, if there is still a coin on MEW please check if it is lost, if so please report to MEW manager, otherwise you can feel secure.

MrSpasybo

Activity: 378
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:01:24 PM

What? MEW was hacked? Please don't sign in your wallet on FAKE-site, bcause they will steal your key + password = your wallet. Please bookmark or use MEW-extention on your brower.
Don't use your MEW on EtherDelta, too, that exchange ask for your key, so it's not save for us. And it was hacked too!
apimembership

Activity: 448
Merit: 124

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:11:12 PM

Best way to use MEW is Local version of it. Anyone can download it from github repo and use it instead of using it on from myetherwallet.com

https://github.com/kvhnuke/etherwallet/releases/tag/v3.11.2
Jating

Activity: 2912
Merit: 805

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:05:38 PM

I have just heard this news but I have not received official confirmation from Myetherwallet and I also checked my account on wallet MEW everything is going well. I think you should not be too worried, if there is still a coin on MEW please check if it is lost, if so please report to MEW manager, otherwise you can feel secure.

Nice mate, thanks for sharing that your account is still intact. Damn, I still have a lot of funds from my MEW but I'm afraid to check it now or enter the my private key but when I can using etherscan.io my funds is still there.

Best way to use MEW is Local version of it. Anyone can download it from github repo and use it instead of using it on from myetherwallet.com

Thanks for the share. Maybe I will download it later and see how it goes.

So, the Ethereum BLUE team ( https://twitter.com/EthereumBlue ) is twitting every minute about a possible MEW hack. It seems that their DNS server is hacked and as you load your private key (they claim that it's stored in cookies by MEW), it can be stolen. If you enter MEW and the default gas price is 41 Gwei then, you're on an hacked MEW site. It appears to be a problem limited to some regions. So...is it FUD since they're rivals or there is some proof behind this? If i'm not wrong, they found the Etherdelta hack recently.

I'm not sure. But to me its look like a FUD so that Ethereum will dip because its been surging ahead in the last month or so. There is similar to Bitcoin Cash vs Bitcoin rivalry. Other side is creating FUD so that investors can be swayed on their side. Sadly it didn't work though.

What? MEW was hacked? Please don't sign in your wallet on FAKE-site, bcause they will steal your key + password = your wallet. Please bookmark or use MEW-extention on your brower.
Don't use your MEW on EtherDelta, too, that exchange ask for your key, so it's not save for us. And it was hacked too!

If you don't bookmark MEW and just type it, more likely you will ended up in another MEW phishing site. I heard EtherDelta is a little bit laggy lately, but I'm not sure if this is due to something or just error problem on their end.
nsasuiteb

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

BAILOUT

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:07:13 PM

I agree with you, I think my ether wallet is going to be hacked one day and it will not be fun. Mew is easy but also risky, no alternative to mew.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: