Bitcoin Forum
July 09, 2024, 11:56:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Few questions regarding mining...  (Read 135 times)
aliitp (OP)

Activity: 91
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:33:03 AM

Hi

Mm relatively new to the entire mining thing but i was well aware of it years ago and did some tests, am currently using nicehash but i also tried mining ETH and BTC for a short while and IMO nicehash beats them all, if you check Here:
https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/eth?HashingPower=32&HashingUnit=MH%2Fs&PowerConsumption=250&CostPerkWh=0.082&MiningPoolFee=1

Using a single 1080 Ti and mining ETH @ 32 (maybe more) MH/sec i get only 122$ (Profit) /month. However nice hash promises 200$+/month and so far am making more than 7$/day (been mining for 1 week+) so the expectation are promising...

My question here is it a good idea to build a mining rig (my first choice over normal mining machines) and use nicehash + windows as the OS to generate more income/month ?...

Or should i join a pool like apparently everyone does and why since nicehash seems like a better choice ??...

Are there any technical obstacles from using say up to 12x gtx 1080 Ti and what are the most efficient nVidia cards as from what i heard the 1060 are better choice, why ?...

Thanks,
bedulook

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:04:19 PM

I think mining is not profitable recently due to cost involved in hardware , electricity and mining pool. Why don't u trade rather than mined.
Mariahuhu

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:09:53 PM

Is it suggestible if I go both trading and mining?

►     https://GCOX.com GLOBAL CRYPTO OFFERING EXCHANGE     ◄
RISE ABOVE!   WHERE POPULARITY IS IMMORTALIZED
aliitp (OP)

Activity: 91

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:00:47 AM

I think mining is not profitable recently due to cost involved in hardware , electricity and mining pool. Why don't u trade rather than mined.

TBH i was lucky to get one 1080 Ti Superclocked for just under 900$ (liquid cooled) and since then its mining nearly 24/7 (with nicehash) doing est. 200$/mo

electricity cost i believe will be 14$/mo

Yes New hardware are ridiculously expensive and the price does Not justify the potential profit so its pointless, but since i already got hardware suitable for mining do u recommend nice hash or mining with a pool and why ??...
bac1rmacoy

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:04:22 AM

Mining is great. However, it takes time for you to earn.
franzkie345

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:05:21 PM

I am newbie, and here are my few questions about mining because basically It's a little bit hard for me to understand mining.
1,) What is mining?
2.) What are the advantages and disadvantages of mining?
3.) What will be the easiest way to earn money? Is it to trade or to mined?

Thankyou!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: