Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:37:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will mining will ever stop ?  (Read 4815 times)
OrlandoMagic

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 01:57:52 PM

As long as we still talk crypto currency and digital money mining will never stop. Crypto currency is as a result of crypto graphic computation algorithm that requires consensus from different computers to generate or create a transaction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 02:02:54 PM

Satoshi Nakamoto created a really ingenius way to work out the whole mining thing.
Every time a block is mined, the next one becomes much more difficult.
It is based on an algorhythm that mathematically becomes much more complex.
since numbers are infinite, the difficulty can exponentially grow.
Currently, there actually isn't technology powerful enough to outpace that algorhythm.

What that means is that in order to reasonably mine btc, you would need a top end asics and join a mining pool that has tremendous hashpower.
but even with all of these mega mining pools, btc will not be finished mining for another estimated 50 years!
Newer blockchains like monero and the like are relatively "easier" but they too will become increasingly more difficult.

beachbummer

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 02:39:58 PM

Satoshi Nakamoto created a really ingenius way to work out the whole mining thing.
Every time a block is mined, the next one becomes much more difficult.
It is based on an algorhythm that mathematically becomes much more complex.
since numbers are infinite, the difficulty can exponentially grow.
Currently, there actually isn't technology powerful enough to outpace that algorhythm.

What that means is that in order to reasonably mine btc, you would need a top end asics and join a mining pool that has tremendous hashpower.
but even with all of these mega mining pools, btc will not be finished mining for another estimated 50 years!
Newer blockchains like monero and the like are relatively "easier" but they too will become increasingly more difficult.

It is not true that the next block becomes automatically more difficult.

A simplified explanation is that there is a target time in order for a block to be mined. If the block is mined faster than the target time (either due to more hash power in the system or good luck), then the algorithm increases the difficulty which should result in increased time to mine the block. Conversely, if the block takes longer to mine, the difficulty is reduced thus allowing a higher chance for a block to be mined.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:42:06 PM

If the government interfere then it can be stopped.
Even if the government interfere here in crypto world no one can stop crypto world as long there are internet and devices like laptop, computers and cellphone crypto will forever and everyone nothing can do but to join us.

Yeah unless you deny miners resources, which is pretty much impossibe, they will keep mining until the last satoshi is mined. And even then, they'd simply move on to another coin they believe would be worth their resources

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
dumbtool45

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 05:30:25 PM

All miners hope that the mining will never stop, but we need to understand that there is nothing eternal. Good luck to all
fzavertuk

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 05:51:33 PM

I think the mining of old coins also takes up too many resources. But everything is changing and POS is gaining momentum.
BitSat

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 06:02:19 PM

As long as there are Cryptos to mine and people who have the capital, mining will always continue to exist. The mining fee might also be one of the factor that might contribute to stop mining. Electricity and other expenses must also be considered. I believe Cryptocurrency has not yet reached its peak because it is still a lot of potentials that can still be developed and constantly experiencing growth. And will make people believe that Crypto is the future of digital cash is best.
Ania Alison

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 05:49:14 PM

The popularity of crypto currency is growing and growing, so you need to use it as long as you have the opportunity. And I do not think that there will be an end.
kipozer

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 05:54:59 PM

No, I think that mining will stop some day, because bitcoin works today and works on mining and without mining it just can not, so this is my opinion. I think that mining will live, but the situations are different therefore everything depends on the situation on the market.
Hardiksingh

Activity: 52

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 06:15:00 PM

Mining will never stop because miners make good profit from it. However there can be changes in mining products.If mining stops,then bitcoin will also stop which seems impossible.
Mr.Noda

Activity: 1344

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:23:00 PM

On an example with bitcoin, when its production is over, it will cost incredibly expensive. With respect to other coins, it is difficult to say.

███    TWITTER     █████████████████ MEGABSC ████████████████████     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                  ██████  HYBRID DEFI ON BINANCE SMART CHAIN  █████    FACEBOOK PAGE    ███
███  TELEGRAM  █████████████████     SWAP      ███████████████████       MEDIUM      ███
dgoswami12
Copper Member

Activity: 253
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2018, 08:28:07 PM

Definitely minning will stop for a particular currency after it  goes up to its maximum supply. But I think then another mineable currency will come. So the idea and process of minning will continue.

Neutro             ❱❱❱  More than a blockchain
loveinberlin

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:29:31 PM

I think that this will happen maybe but not now. with time, certain changes will take place but I am sure that mining process will bring benefits for most of us soon. I hope it will not disappear
Leo

Activity: 620

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:32:13 PM

Mining cannot stop as for now can't really say maybe in future it will stop,  but as for now mining will continue,  miners are making cool money from mining all sort of cryptocurrency so I don't think it can stop

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │     TRIDENT PROTOCOL     │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
████████████|           Twitter           |          Telegram          |            Reddit            |████████████
EZTips

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:34:08 PM

Mining will not be stopped as constantly it will be necessary to serve and transfer transactions of people. Someone these is obliged to be engaged constantly.
titanautonomous
Copper Member

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:36:03 PM

The difficulties are always being adjusted, but projects like ours are offering alternative uses for the equipment. Infrastructure as a service is a working business model, we are here to make it better, check us out if you're interested!  https://www.titanautonomous.com/
Samkol26

Activity: 532

Bountyhive.io

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2018, 08:51:22 PM

Mining can't stop because the blockchain always need miners and more processing powers for transaction which to my knowledge is done by miners computers.

Flamebellow

Activity: 364
Merit: 19

www.codex.one

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:54:13 PM

Mining can't stop , because it is the way how crypto network works and stays secure . But there are many different consensus protocols , which are vital for any cryptocurrency , not only traditional proof-of-work , which allow people to utilize their hardware to mine some cryptocurrency . For example : proof-of-stake allows users to mine cryptocurrency too , but it do not require any special hardware to do it . Only software wallet and some amount of cryptocurrency is required to become a miner , so I think mining will never stop , it only change a form .

Naznayka

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 10:04:24 PM

Crypto mining will end only when the miners cease to have an incentive to mine. This will happen as long as there are coins. When the coin reaches its limit, something new will appear.
zhelis74

Activity: 510
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 10:10:25 PM

Mining can't stop because the blockchain always need miners and more processing powers for transaction which to my knowledge is done by miners computers.
Yes, mining is always been a part for a blockchain system it serves as a processor for every blockchain transaction and there are more miners that are keep on mining to earn a coin and I think the more miners on the crypto world then transaction will be fast and at ease.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: