Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:44:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Myetherwallet DNS was hacked? (2018.01.09)  (Read 5176 times)
Thanhnghi

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:43:43 PM

Orginal Myetherwallet cant stole your funds.

I have no doubt about myetherwallet !!! Thank you very much !!! Kiss  Kiss

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joulianet

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:40:51 PM

Is not a fud, not a lie really myetherwallet is hacked all my token disappeared last night   Cry
yleo

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:07:27 AM

Is not a fud, not a lie really myetherwallet is hacked all my token disappeared last night   Cry

Yes me to my ether wallet was hack Sad
peterstolypin

Activity: 462
Merit: 58

bountyreport

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 08:14:11 AM

To protect myself, every time I download a new version of the purse of the ether from github. Source files are always kept in the archive. For translation, I unzip and transfer Ether or Tokens from the local MEW

https://speechgen.io/ - generate text from speech with neural. Earn more on bounty and Ambassador programs with podcasts and videos in any language!
maracuja1

Activity: 28
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:05:39 AM

There is a very good tutorial about how to use MEW offline, you can even create a new ETH wallet offline. Here it is:
https://myetherwallet.github.io/knowledge-base/offline/running-myetherwallet-locally.html

Hope this was helpful!
sachiko28

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:07:51 AM

i think yes....tomorrow i go too see my ether wallet and i see two pending transaction...from my wallet to this address:

https://etherscan.io/address/0x8d12a197cb00d4747a1fe03395095ce2a5cc6819

look how many eth and token have this hacker!!! and now i cant wd my eth and my tokens...i never share my privatekey...never!!! how it is possible?

OMG! I lost ally my tokens from myetherwallet 2 days ago and that is the thieves wallet!!!

I always been cautious of phishing scheme and never shared my private keys to anyone. i have traced where my stolen tokens ended with:

My stolen tokens went to this wallet: 0xF30431d4e31e6E54d9338Eb8f54DA5eceaDc4cB4

and that wallet transferred it to: 0x8d12a197cb00d4747a1fe03395095ce2a5cc6819

How can we stop these thieves to victimized more people?Huh This should be stopped!
liviu_m

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:02:40 PM

Some peoples say,myetherwallet dns was hacked! Thats true?

MyEtherWallet was NOT hacked but myeherwallet.com is for sure used to steal your ETH.

I did NOT pay attention and connect my browser to myeherwallet.com (there is a missing letter t in ...eher...). I unlocked my wallet and tried to move some ETH from my wallet address. I was warned there are not enough funds! When I checked my balance on etherscan.io I saw my balance gone in a recent transaction (couple of minutes before).

Be warned!!! This site is a fake one. Check the certificate. It is Verified by "Let's Encrypt" and does not supply ownership information.

The legitimate site is Verified by "DigiCert Inc" and the Owner is  "MYETHERWALLET LLC". If this is NOT the case disconnect and warn others to not do the same mistake as me.

I hope this will be usefull.

carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:52:07 PM

MyEtherWallet was NOT hacked but myeherwallet.com is for sure used to steal your ETH.

I did NOT pay attention and connect my browser to myeherwallet.com (there is a missing letter t in ...eher...). I unlocked my wallet and tried to move some ETH from my wallet address. I was warned there are not enough funds! When I checked my balance on etherscan.io I saw my balance gone in a recent transaction (couple of minutes before).

Be warned!!! This site is a fake one. Check the certificate. It is Verified by "Let's Encrypt" and does not supply ownership information.

The legitimate site is Verified by "DigiCert Inc" and the Owner is  "MYETHERWALLET LLC". If this is NOT the case disconnect and warn others to not do the same mistake as me.

I hope this will be usefull.

Myetherwallet do already have those kind of caution message pop-up which would really a good thing to read up specially on newbie users that will really give those precious informations about securing their own wallet and avoid possible hacking incidents later on. We must handle our keys with full care and due diligence because if we are careless then there would be high probability on getting hacked. Recent hacking incident was actually a etherdelta dns hacking thing.
gtip

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:31:04 AM

it happened to me as well, but on 18th of January

first it was moved to here
https://ethplorer.io/address/0x99a2499435ff63a8cb385f99e1faed0b88291176

and then later also to the etherdelta thing. You can see at the very bottom of the page, all these comments from some very pissed people. Even as recent as a day ago, so its still happening.
https://ethplorer.io/address/0x8d12a197cb00d4747a1fe03395095ce2a5cc6819

FBI file claimed, but is there really nothing which can be done about this ? It must have affected so many people.
If I entered the private key into a fishing site (even though its very unlikely and I really cant remember anything looking different), then fine - but when I am now reading, that the whole DNS was hacked and therefore maybe all entered keys somehow filtered out? Come on...none of us, could have prevented this with the usual due dilligence.

numpadxx5

Activity: 431
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 05:05:53 AM

It's true myetherwallet has been hacked! Becareful using the MEW! My tokens were stolen. I am so depress right now I don't know what to do. I put all my life savings into crypto hoping to make a good return to support my family. I really hate this hacker. I have reported it to the FBI and filed a complaint but I know I wont get these token back. Right now I am trying to get a few tokens that haven't been stolen from the wallet out from the compromised wallet. But it is hard for some reason. Its like the transaction is stuck and taking forever to confirm. I do not know why. The ethereum blockchain doesn't look clogged.

I keep my private key VERY SAFE. I only use it when I need to sent funds out from MEW and I ALWAYS check the website to make sure that its safe and not a phishing site before putting in my private key. I logged into MEW on 1/08/2018 to send ETH out to participate in ICO. On 1/09/2018 someone hacked into my wallet and send my tokens out to his wallet. I have lost about $30,000. I logged into MEW to check on 1/10/2018 and realized my funds was low and check to see that my most of my tokens were gone. It was transferred out to another wallet.
I keep on thinking how is this possible. I haven't leaked my private key besides MEW on Monday 1/08/2018. The last time I logged into MEW was 2-3 weeks ago and it was fine. Something went wrong with MEW.

I started doing research and came across the same issue with a couple of other people. I also notice something about Ethereum Blue posting about MEW being compromised. In my honest opinion, how did they even know. Who are these Ethereum Blue anyway? I did some research and it looks like its another company doing something with its wallet thingy similar to MEW. I was reading through Ethereum Blue post on twitter and everything that they have posted... what are the chances of this happening. I mean the timing. Ethereum Blue KNEW MEW was hacked.

I personally feel Ethereum Blue are the ones responsible for this hack. They are probably the one who stole everyone's token including mine. Ethereum Blue wrote, "Three days ago we found an error in MEW and how it could be abused using a Spectre attack..." "please standy for more on the MyEtherWallet hack. We are trying to contact their team, so far we are being ignored." This was posted on 1/09/2018. The day my tokens were stolen out of my wallet.  Angry Angry Angry Angry
that's a big lot of money , sorry for your lost . i think you cannot recover your tokens back because Myetherwallet will not take responsibility for your lost .
radokan

Activity: 291
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:33:42 PM

Why are you bumping this topic?
Op obviously used phishing site and lost all his funds as some people here too.
I made many transactions in last week and everything is fine with wallet.
All you need to do is to use correct link and you will be fine.
ninis45

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:24:43 PM

It's true myetherwallet has been hacked! Becareful using the MEW! My tokens were stolen. I am so depress right now I don't know what to do. I put all my life savings into crypto hoping to make a good return to support my family. I really hate this hacker. I have reported it to the FBI and filed a complaint but I know I wont get these token back. Right now I am trying to get a few tokens that haven't been stolen from the wallet out from the compromised wallet. But it is hard for some reason. Its like the transaction is stuck and taking forever to confirm. I do not know why. The ethereum blockchain doesn't look clogged.

I keep my private key VERY SAFE. I only use it when I need to sent funds out from MEW and I ALWAYS check the website to make sure that its safe and not a phishing site before putting in my private key. I logged into MEW on 1/08/2018 to send ETH out to participate in ICO. On 1/09/2018 someone hacked into my wallet and send my tokens out to his wallet. I have lost about $30,000. I logged into MEW to check on 1/10/2018 and realized my funds was low and check to see that my most of my tokens were gone. It was transferred out to another wallet.
I keep on thinking how is this possible. I haven't leaked my private key besides MEW on Monday 1/08/2018. The last time I logged into MEW was 2-3 weeks ago and it was fine. Something went wrong with MEW.

I started doing research and came across the same issue with a couple of other people. I also notice something about Ethereum Blue posting about MEW being compromised. In my honest opinion, how did they even know. Who are these Ethereum Blue anyway? I did some research and it looks like its another company doing something with its wallet thingy similar to MEW. I was reading through Ethereum Blue post on twitter and everything that they have posted... what are the chances of this happening. I mean the timing. Ethereum Blue KNEW MEW was hacked.

I personally feel Ethereum Blue are the ones responsible for this hack. They are probably the one who stole everyone's token including mine. Ethereum Blue wrote, "Three days ago we found an error in MEW and how it could be abused using a Spectre attack..." "please standy for more on the MyEtherWallet hack. We are trying to contact their team, so far we are being ignored." This was posted on 1/09/2018. The day my tokens were stolen out of my wallet.  Angry Angry Angry Angry
that's a big lot of money , sorry for your lost . i think you cannot recover your tokens back because Myetherwallet will not take responsibility for your lost .
hacked myetherwlallet topic has been repeatedly discussed in this forum, but I also do not think myetherwallet is hacked unless you declare your meyetherwallet account is hacked, as many users of this wallet up to now use it safely unless you touch phishing site then it's your fault. ...

gtip

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:49:16 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2018, 02:02:10 PM by gtip

The topic needs to be bumped until its sorted, and the scammed people have been refunded or at least some other action taken, like tagging the stolen tokens so that they cannot be sold on exchanges by the hackers.
There must be a precise way to report these incidents.

We just cant let this continue, and continue and continue on - as if its all okay and blame the users. We are talking millions of $ here, its not just a few people....its a massive number of people who had this problem.

The ETH blockchain will never reach mass adoption, until there is working a solution available if something like this happens. My 2 cents.

The malware has probably been installed by surfing on some other site, or by clicking in links of crypto-forums. Not neccessarily a site that "looks" like myetherwallet as a copy and then you entered your keys, how so if you access it with your bookmarked link. Its impossible, or do you want to tell me that its possible to hack the bookmarks on a PC inside the browser for this to happen ? That would be crazy.

I think MEW should change their site, that you cant access the wallet by just entering the private key...there must be a 2nd barrier of protection. MEW is not a wallet, but simply an interface to the blockchain. It has nothing to do with them, but they open a gate for hackers with their site. Sometimes people have to be proteced from themselves, in my case at least I wished there was a 2nd layer of access. Simply another password and the key, that would already be more difficult.
cchub

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

Migranet ITO

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:01:07 PM

WTF! Hidden agenda everywhere!
John McAfee pumping coins for a living, newbie accounts blaming MEW for a theft et cetera
I doubt people still fall for those scams.

❉❉❉ Migranet ❉❉❉  [MIGRATION。SIMPLIFIED 。]
▐| Global immigrationpowered by AI & blockchain |▌
TELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTREAGRAM
coupable

Activity: 2338
Merit: 757

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:57:55 PM

For all users used this thread to claim the risk in using myetherwallet and the weakness in myetherwallet DNS: "You had right"
Now thanks to understand that this a dangerous ecosystem for dumbs.
If brave enough then you should have to take a look at this: https://myetherwallet.github.io/knowledge-base/security/myetherwallet-protips-how-not-to-get-scammed-during-ico.html
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2856
Merit: 768

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 11:58:01 PM

For all users used this thread to claim the risk in using myetherwallet and the weakness in myetherwallet DNS: "You had right"
Now thanks to understand that this a dangerous ecosystem for dumbs.
If brave enough then you should have to take a look at this: https://myetherwallet.github.io/knowledge-base/security/myetherwallet-protips-how-not-to-get-scammed-during-ico.html

Myetherwallet DNS hacked do happen once again which means we should really always be vigilant when it comes on logging in into this wallet.You can really easily point out if the site do have problem.As i have read up recent problems there still lots of users who do experience loss of funds yet they do still able to logged in even though the site is redirected into another phishing site.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
indrofx78

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:09:50 AM

I also Lost Token but it was first time using MEW.

after this experience I still use MEW too, but IMPORT TO IMTOKEN Walet Android.

so I never log in to MEW web to make transactions and ETH balance checks. I did it all Enough of IMtoken walet android.

and If you want to Sell token, I created one more ETH address walet.

and this second walet, I only use For Trading.
Claudyah

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:13:27 AM

The news I know when it happens is because the Google DNS is down. and it becomes an excellent opportunity time for thieves to hack the DNs. preventing some users from accessing the exchange. Incidents such as MEW attacks today indicate that for all user precautions, the website still displays a central point of failure.
wildan-nizar

Activity: 94

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 11:59:40 AM

do not be fooled maybe it's just a diversion, but if MEW is hacked MEW will definitely fix it again.
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 12:12:11 PM

I'm pretty confuse because etherscan is showing my wallet as empty but there has been no transaction going out of MEW... so I'm pretty confuse in general. I'm not sure how coins could disappear from my wallet without a transaction going out. Maybe it's some graphical glitch because I logged in and see my tokens still inside. Pretty sure it's etherscan which is glitched right now.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: