Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:12:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to start bitcoin fundraiser for homeless?  (Read 164 times)
nilasamson (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:08:58 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2018, 11:40:13 AM by nilasamson

Hi,

I promised a pregnant homeless friend of mine to start a fundraiser within crypto and let the funds grow organically until birth. She's in 5th month, got diagnosed with septicemia and needs help paying medical costs. Her name is Alina and she really deserves it.

How do I best do that? What part of the forum would be most appropriate? Or are there any platforms for that kind of thing?

Until further notice there's a BTC address in signature if anybody would want to help.

Wish you all the best.

Sincerely, Nils.

fuhbaer

Activity: 58

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:15:40 PM

I promised a pregnant homeless girl in our community to start a fundraiser within crypto and let the funds grow organically until birth. She's in 5th month, got diagnosed with septicemia and needs help paying medical costs. Her name is Alina and she really deserves it.

How do I best do that? What part of the forum would be most appropriate? Or are there any platforms for that kind of thing?

Until further notice there's a BTC address in signature if anybody would want to help.

This is actually a nice idea. I always wondered if things actually could be used for a greater good (rather than just filling pockets ourselves). Perhaps a more generic solution, some form of FundraiserCoin could be created for this, where raised funds (e.g. by an initial ICO or such) could be distributed for good causes incl. yours. But I don't think 4 months would do much good... probably would need some time to setup everything that's required.
nilasamson (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:13:28 PM

Great idea! FundraiserCoin Smiley I would like to believe it would work in this seemingly selfcentered business. But i know there's good ones out there!

That requires quite some work tho. Putting together a team and coming up with a working strategy. I was more thinking about smaller scale.
rontoberth

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:20:35 PM

Hi,

I promised a pregnant homeless girl in our community to start a fundraiser within crypto and let the funds grow organically until birth. She's in 5th month, got diagnosed with septicemia and needs help paying medical costs. Her name is Alina and she really deserves it.

Wish you all the best.

Sincerely, Nils.

How nice that there are people who can not currently help in the form of money have ideas like these that can be even better. I think the ideal is for this post to return to one of the most commented and so we help you with the risk of voice
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 05:53:32 AM

Hi,

Wish you all the best.

Sincerely, Nils.

The best thing you can do is to be completely transparent with your request here. If this were a fundraiser that I was doing, I would place it in the Project Development board using your friend's name in the title, such as "The Alina Project: Donate to a Worthy Cause".

Transparency is key. Reserve the first and second post for the announcement of what you're trying to do, and use the second post for updates. You can edit either post with updates as the fundraiser continues. Make it a self-moderated topic so that you can purge all of the spam posts, and possibly the naysayers.

Provide photos and be transparent with how much you raise. Be transparent with what you want the donations to be used for. If you plan on taking out some of the funds for your time, or for your friends, be very transparent and upfront about it from the beginning. Show proof of funds transfers for pre-natal care. Even go as far as trying to find housing and post-birth care for Alina.

Another call-to-action you can include in the top post would be for benefactors to help donate some server space. Or for web developers to help you make a one-page website that you can access to provide updates. And a Bitcoin donation payment widget.

There are a ton of whales on the forums here that may want to help out a stranger, as long as you can provide transparency and indicate that you're a trustworthy person. Remember, there are literally thousands of posts here of newbies that try to come up with creative ways to ask for Bitcoin donations, so you have to make sure that you stand out.

Video content is king. It doesn't have to be a professionally produced video, but even a short clip in your native tongue with subtitles will really help for everyone to make a decision for themselves.

Chances are that most people will opt out of donating anything when they see this, but even if one or two people decide to throw a bitcoin or two here and there, you'll have made SOMETHING from it. And to me, something is better than nothing.

Good luck, my friend, and I hope Alina gets the treatment and medical care that she deserves.

This is actually a nice idea. I always wondered if things actually could be used for a greater good (rather than just filling pockets ourselves). Perhaps a more generic solution, some form of FundraiserCoin could be created for this, where raised funds (e.g. by an initial ICO or such) could be distributed for good causes incl. yours. But I don't think 4 months would do much good... probably would need some time to setup everything that's required.
Great idea! FundraiserCoin Smiley I would like to believe it would work in this seemingly selfcentered business. But i know there's good ones out there!

That requires quite some work tho. Putting together a team and coming up with a working strategy. I was more thinking about smaller scale.

Check out CoExistCoin. Helping and empowering the less fortunate is the sole purpose of their altcoin, COXST: https://coexistcoin.org

gakadem

Activity: 168
Merit: 106

No success in a short time

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:44:37 AM

it's a very good idea, helping others who have financial problems
and we need to invite people to participate in this good thing

nilasamson (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:11:01 PM

Thank you guys for nice and informal answers!

I will make a post on project development with links to our FB page for helping her, and some pictures.

Anything is a lot for her!

Have a good weekend!
goaldigger

Activity: 2366
Merit: 356

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:25:58 PM

Its nice to know that bitcoin, because of its worldwide digital currency benefit can help people from all over the world by donating or transferring funds from a single address. It is so convinient to use.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
nilasamson (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:10:44 AM

It is!
I'm fairly new to crypto and haven't really made any gains yet, but if I had I would've donated some of that. I have donated a little bit of fiat tho but my family is short of money ourselves as of now. I made a topic in project development now with picture and link to our FB help page if anyone is interested.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2739784.msg28015348#msg28015348

So far no donations.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: