Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:25:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions from a newb miner.  (Read 132 times)
StarLawl (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:27:23 PM

Hi guys and girls.

My Husband and I recently invested in a couple of Nvidia cards(Radeon was completely sold out, I wonder why) and put them into good use in my old gaming rig. So I have a couple of questions for you competent and experienced miners without asking you to share your secrets:

How do you choose what coin to mine? Do you research the white paper and look at their status roadmap or do you just use Whattomine?

For Nvidia - what are the best algorithms and what should I just stay away from.

Do you still feel there is a future in mining now that bitcoin demands so much and the more volatile alt coins are the best option for us news? Keeping in mind we just started this, when the cards are paid for, should we invest in more or just earn from what we got?

Are there any tips and tricks that are not a secret?

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1637983)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 01:31:48 PM

You should sell your hashpower over a the website called Nicehash! It has a Automatic profit switching miner, that will mine the most profitable coin at all times. They only pay out in BTC tho, but you can buy other tokens with that. And they are partnered with Coinbase, so you can transfer to your coinbase account without any fees!
StarLawl (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:57:50 PM

Thank you! Will test it after we are finished with verge. Smiley

CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:03:50 PM

Hi guys and girls.

My Husband and I recently invested in a couple of Nvidia cards(Radeon was completely sold out, I wonder why) and put them into good use in my old gaming rig. So I have a couple of questions for you competent and experienced miners without asking you to share your secrets:

How do you choose what coin to mine? Do you research the white paper and look at their status roadmap or do you just use Whattomine?

For Nvidia - what are the best algorithms and what should I just stay away from.

Do you still feel there is a future in mining now that bitcoin demands so much and the more volatile alt coins are the best option for us news? Keeping in mind we just started this, when the cards are paid for, should we invest in more or just earn from what we got?

Are there any tips and tricks that are not a secret?

nicehash is crap youll make more by not using it and pool mining instead. not to mention they recently got hacked and iunno about you but I cant trust a company that got hacked and has not paid back the people that lost money, that in itself is just not a good idea and lets not forget yall are paying higher fees now at nicehash since they got hacked

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
StarLawl (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:48:44 PM

Ah! Then we will not try it out. Currently mining at a pool - did try some solo mining but nothing happened for 24 hours(I guess you have to wait longer to find a block?.

I like to keep it low key and safe. Smiley Min/Max is not our option atm as very new to this stuff. Was actually thinking of investing in an antminer - but resell value is too high compared to retail.

Torangoma

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:52:33 PM

Solo mining is not a good idea as the network hash rate is more in any coin and days of solo mining is gone. Mining on pool is a better option.
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:14:19 PM

Stay away from Nicehash and the fee you will get charged.  Take a look at Awesome Miner and pair it with a good pool like Mining Pool Hub.  You can have automatically switch algos and then convert it to a coin of your choosing with way lower fees than Nicehash.  There are some good guides and tutorials out there that will make it fairly easy to set up.
Taugami

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

Blockchain Identity Verification

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 04:58:00 PM

Every day, mining becomes cheaper. The more power (that is, the number of people who do this), the less you will receive. Is not it better to bounty the company?

zhdmil

Activity: 94

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:00:43 PM

dont do this again (solo mining) cuz never will be max, mining on a pool be better opsi
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: