Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:50:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Only one thing left now.. Lightning needs to strike. (FaceBook Hub..)  (Read 92 times)
spartacusrex (OP)

Activity: 718
Merit: 545

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:46:16 PM

Ok.. So Bitcoin (..and Ethereum) have hit the proverbial scaling wall. Both are running rather slooowwww.. and expensive.

No other coin has faced this level of traffic yet, but any large coin will eventually have EXACTLY the same issues.I have read almost EVERY white paper out there. No one has come up with THE solution. They all say - yeah we can handle 1000 txn/s.. but they just make the blocks bigger or the traffic demands greater. They are not in my mind million txn/s solutions.

BTC has tried to come up with a solution which doesn't involve giving over ALL control to a few miners. It is called OFF_CHAIN txns. This can scale to a million txn/s.

You will recognise it as 'The Lightning Network'.

That's what needs to happen now.

If FaceBook started up a lightning hub, so that any facebook user could send Bitcoins instantly to any other facebook user (trustlessly I might add)... then..

Boom. All your base are belong to us.

lets hope in 2018 - BTC - Rides the Lightning !

Then that's it. 1 Million $$ bitcoin.

Smiley

Life is Code.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: