Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:30:13 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ways to identify ICO scams  (Read 638 times)
misterj

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:43:32 PM

I think one of the ways to determine if an ICO is a scam is through identifying the person managing it. If the bounty manager has negative trust then most likely it does an illegal or bad thing to obtain it. If the bounty manager is a newbie then it would be hard to identify if its for real or a scam this would push you to know the person or the team behind that ICO. If those team or individuals has negative comments or reputation then most likely their ICO is also the same as they were.

██▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▄Blockchain Art Platform
█▄▀░░█▄▄▄█▄█▄▀[Twitter]  [Telegram] [Reddit] [Medium]
░░░█▄█▄▄▄█░░█▄█▄▄Tradable Assets  Unique Ownership  Proven Authenticity
Maet1212

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:51:54 PM

I typically keep an eye out for people buzzing about ICO's on this forum. It seems like if enough long-time members are excited about a project, it's pretty likely that they've done their homework and found the project to be worth looking into.
whaawh

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:07:49 PM

I typically keep an eye out for people buzzing about ICO's on this forum. It seems like if enough long-time members are excited about a project, it's pretty likely that they've done their homework and found the project to be worth looking into.
in most cases, many old-timers rely on their intuition, and how they can determine the project's prospects. I, too, many times draw attention to the actions of the legendary or heroes of the participants, I explore their example. But you need to learn more about the selected projects, and learn to analyze and make choices yourself.
colenax

Activity: 376
Merit: 100

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:28:42 PM

Guys, do share your tips on how to identify scams. To widen the knowledge for people who are honestly trying to invest and gain earnings with their hard earn money!

usually ico who has an abnormal promo often leads to a scam. Yes, experience and research is what you should do. it's hard to tell the difference, the point is you still have to involve knowledge and experience.

gonzoe

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:40:10 AM

hi guys,
What is the main creteria? lack of the white paper?
kanmo

Activity: 458

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:45:07 AM

Mere checking through all the social media accounts of the ICO will tell much about the ICO. The posts on their social media page will let you know if its scam or not.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●    T W I T T E R    ●    T
StephenieDuong

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

—RUSHMOON — Automatic LP & Yield Farm & AMM on BSC

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:53:17 AM

My tips is simple:  just follow Ian and some professional ico investors  Grin That is the best way to choose the right ico to invest.

░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░
          ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░░     ░░
        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░░      ░░░░
     ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░ ░░░     ░░░
    ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░   ░▓▓▓░  ░░▓▓▓░
   ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░          ░▒░░ ░▒▓▓▓▓░░
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░              ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░           ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░            ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░          ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
  ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░▓▓░▓▓▓░░  ░░  ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ░▓▓▓▓░░░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓░░▒▓░ ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ░░▓▓░░░▓▓░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
    ░░░░▓▓░░░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
     ░░▓▓░░ ▓▓░░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
   ░░▓░░░▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
 ░░▓░░░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░
    ░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░
  ░░▓▓░░░▒▓▓░░  ░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
 ░▓▓░   ░░░
RushMoon
Automatic LP & Yield Farm & AMM on BSC
Kim Ji Won

Activity: 350
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:58:29 AM

Guys, do share your tips on how to identify scams. To widen the knowledge for people who are honestly trying to invest and gain earnings with their hard earn money!
It is really hard for me to identify if a project is a scam, I just rely on my gut feeling about it then I do some researching about it to confirm my doubt. Usually, if an ICO is offering a huge amount of bonuses and you see that it is so good to be true, then it is mostly a scam but if they can prove their claim then you are in for a good project. It would be best if we could identify scams easily so that we can avoid getting scammed in the future.
mixelalex

Activity: 193

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:10:28 AM

One guy here on the forum found detailed information about the founders of ICO, which showed that they are scammers. According to him, the information is available. The links were open. Thus, information can be found if you try. In addition, this guy was offered to make such a service and monetize it. I do not know if he thought seriously about this, but it would be very welcome. It is better to pay a little for the information than to lose a lot of money invested.
tomwell

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:33:55 AM

ICO scam  can't be really identified but the best way is to avoid altcoins with high bonuses and also look into the background and rating of the builder.   Roll Eyes
sheenshane
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1228

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 07:35:24 AM

We can't actually predict what is the run of ICO's project even though they have a whitepaper and a road-map but if they decided to left their project if they are going to hit the quota of ethereum being collected they do. So, therefore i can say that you may choose those who bringing or manage the whole bounty/signature campaign with high reputation manager already not by a newbie or a member who has negative trust mark on his profile.
Having a solid team i one of the factor to avoid scam ICO's project.
pompomki

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:35:48 AM

If any information on the site, whitepage...you found that lie, 100% that ICO is scam
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:41:08 AM

Scam ICO will come up with improper development team and whitepaper so it is better to read out their whitepaper thoroughly then you will get clear idea about the project.The scam ICO will not be run buy a reputed manager of the forum because they will do complete research about the project before managing it.That's why there are lots of campaign ran by new members who are calling themselves as bounty manager.
Aminmon

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:45:24 AM

I will search for the academic degree of the founding team, because we can judge whether the project is fraudulent or not.

udayantha11

Activity: 770
Merit: 17

2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 07:56:40 AM

YOU CAN SEE IT FROM THE WHITE PAPER , WHEN READING WHITE PAPER WE CAN SEE THIS PROJECT REALISTIC OR NOT. FROM TELEGRAM GROUP YOU CAN SHOOT QUESTIONS TO ADMINS THEN ALSO YOU CAN GET AN IDEA. DO NOT TRUST WEBSITE, SOME ARE MORE COLORFUL WEBSITES THERE BUT THE THING IS THEY ARE SCAM. YOU CAN GO ICODROPS THEY ARE PROVING SOME GOOD ICO'S. BUT DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH

we all need universal power and cyclist of Everything
-2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022-
=BTC will make it, but might be a long winter=

Stronger the storm, brighter the rainbow
europesss

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:01:31 AM

There is not any way to identify scams , even in real world , you can not identify all the scams .
info-ICO.info

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:03:18 AM

What I do to avoid losing money or wasting time HODLing some coins that wont grow (not necessary scam)

1) Avoid project from certain countries (ahem)
2) Browsing through my Facebook newsfeed, most of the time those scammy ICO will pop up as sponsored post. With headlines and beautiful graphic promising XXX% return within XX period, BONUS + 9999% during first day sales, backed by president of the moon, we are the first/here to break/here to revolutionize, yaadaa yaadaa all the beautiful promises that Ponzi/Scam MLM normally uses to attract sucka
3) Invest in ICO that already has running business (very limited, 99.999% of the ICO now are 'REVOLUTIONARY thing')
4) Read whitepaper, ask yourself question like, this is business model viable (or do they even have a business model to sustain their own business, which a lot of ICO can't answer you). Try asking, at what price, what business model, how they going to sustain their business, pay the salary and shiats, they can't answer you.
5) If it is too good to be true, it is too good to be true. Maybe things like 'revolutionary social media platform, we gonna overtake Facebook in 7mths after our launch of platform', we will get all their users to move to our platform, we gonna play tons of ads and earn from it and all profit goes to YOU, our dear investor.
kipozer

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:06:37 AM

The best ways in my opinion how to define a scam is to study a project, as well as to analyze their site and analyze the code on git. Also, if the project has an alpha version, it already says that the project is probably not a scam. But all these actions still will not give you a guarantee
Braydean

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:23:17 AM

To check legit ico check all there information. The website if it is very constructive,the community,people behind that project you can check there linkedin and also there social media community if it is active.
kewlc3s

Activity: 672
Merit: 140

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:37:47 AM

It is quite hard to identify scam project nowadays. Scammers become more and more experienced. They prepare all project really good. But, to try avoid make like all previous commenters said. Read carefully whitepaper and roadmap of project. Check licences where possible. Check team, try to find them in Linkeldin/Facebook, check history of CEO and other top managers, take a look when public profile was created. If you doubt, better not invest - trust yourself. Good luck with ICO´s  Wink
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: