Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 04:46:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New form of transportation to be announced: LA to SanFran in 30min!  (Read 614 times)
dwdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 02:50:24 AM

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/10235261/Inside-the-Hyperloop-the-pneumatic-travel-system-faster-than-the-speed-of-sound.html
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 03:03:49 PM

I hope they've taken into account that most people might not be able to take the strain of travelling at such speeds and that solar power doesn't work at night, sounds like another bullshit advertisement campaign done by newspapers like Virgin's 'space plane' which doesn't actually go into space but exits the atmosphere for a few seconds before going down again, don't believe anything of what these people say until they have fully working prototypes and not just stupid 3D or 2D animation mock ups.

I know I sound very negative, but people like this really do make a mockery of science >_< particularly because when they finally make the real deal no one's going to believe the people who did actually figured it out.
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 12:59:02 PM

Elon Musk (Paypal, SpaceX, Tesla) is behind this. I wouldn't worry.

He brought you this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujX6CuRELFE

Athanasios Motok

Activity: 387
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 12:27:42 AM

Yep it's real Tongue

Ha ha!
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 01:35:27 PM

They should sell tickets for bitcoin  Grin
J603

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 04:38:10 PM

I hope they've taken into account that most people might not be able to take the strain of travelling at such speeds and that solar power doesn't work at night, sounds like another bullshit advertisement campaign done by newspapers like Virgin's 'space plane' which doesn't actually go into space but exits the atmosphere for a few seconds before going down again, don't believe anything of what these people say until they have fully working prototypes and not just stupid 3D or 2D animation mock ups.

I know I sound very negative, but people like this really do make a mockery of science >_< particularly because when they finally make the real deal no one's going to believe the people who did actually figured it out.

Elon Musk makes a mockery of science? Even though he made electric cars mainstream and has the first private space program... Keep in mind pneumatic tubes already exist, they just need to be made bigger.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: