Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:04:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We are living in the 2nd coming of the 60s  (Read 2599 times)
FinShaggy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 03:55:29 AM

We are living in a decade that is eerily similar to the 60s. Everyone is nostalgic for the 50s, 80s & 90s. In the 60s people were just nostalgic for the 50s, maybe 20s too.

Instead of "haight ashbury" we had "occupy" in New York, Oakland and just about every state in America, as well as other countries. So it's an international phenomenon instead of just one street corner. The 60s started at the corner of haight and ashbury in cali.

Instead of acid, marijuana and cocaine slowly becoming nationally illegal drugs, we are slowly working towards finding the correct applications for such things.

Instead of a "mad men" stock rush, there is a bitcoin stock rush.

We have hipsters instead of hippies.

Our guns are being restricted (same as the 60s) we will probably be getting our right to bear arms back though, instead of losing it like we did in the 60s.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 04:21:40 AM

We are living in a decade that is eerily similar to the 60s. Everyone is nostalgic for the 50s, 80s & 90s. In the 60s people were just nostalgic for the 50s, maybe 20s too.

Instead of "haight ashbury" we had "occupy" in New York, Oakland and just about every state in America, as well as other countries. So it's an international phenomenon instead of just one street corner. The 60s started at the corner of haight and ashbury in cali.

Instead of acid, marijuana and cocaine slowly becoming nationally illegal drugs, we are slowly working towards finding the correct applications for such things.

Instead of a "mad men" stock rush, there is a bitcoin stock rush.

We have hipsters instead of hippies.

Our guns are being restricted (same as the 60s) we will probably be getting our right to bear arms back though, instead of losing it like we did in the 60s.

History may not repeat itself, but it does tend to rhyme.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 04:35:19 AM

I think it is going to straight up repeat itself, except the hipster movement will be 10x as big, and 100x as meaningless as the hippy movement.

Ex: Skrillex VS The Beatles

alephi

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 05:22:09 PM

I bet the LSD, dope and free love won't be repeating  Sad
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 06:33:34 PM

Really?

Gas was cheap, and houses were too. Land was even cheaper and you didn't need the building permit that is required now. Managing a business was also much easier, it was easy to find a job, leaving it and finding another one, and there were fewer lawyers. Somehow, life was easier, as there was less government's intervention or regulation, then nobody worried about the future. I watch old movies and I see people living differently from what I see today.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
timk225

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 03:47:31 PM

The Republicans need to quit trying to "reach across the aisle" and work with the Democrats.  The Democrats will whine and piss and moan and cry until everything is their way.  

The Republicans need to grow some balls and take over and get things back on track like what Reagan did in the 80's.

No marriage for fags, more segregation, stop trying to put new names on everything and politically correct words everywhere you look.

I could go on, but you get the idea.

J603

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 04:13:31 PM

The Republicans need to quit trying to "reach across the aisle" and work with the Democrats.  The Democrats will whine and piss and moan and cry until everything is their way.  

The Republicans need to grow some balls and take over and get things back on track like what Reagan did in the 80's.

No marriage for fags, more segregation, stop trying to put new names on everything and politically correct words everywhere you look.

Yeah I agree. Let's segregate the brain-dead bigots from actual human beings.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 05:36:21 PM

I bet the LSD, dope and free love won't be repeating  Sad

This time it's bath salts, medical weed, meth/crack whores and new age techno music.

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 06:17:02 PM

Yeah I agree. Let's segregate the brain-dead bigots from actual human beings.

The pro-government people want government marriage but cannot get it and the anti-government folks want government marriage to themselves.

The irony of ironies.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 11:19:34 AM

This single post has immortalized your image on this forum.

realestone
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 11:48:17 AM

when i first read that comment i thought maybe it was a bad joke
FreedomCoin

Activity: 675
Merit: 507

Freedom to choose

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 02:37:06 PM

when i first read that comment i thought maybe it was a bad joke

funny how you suggest not putting names on everything yet you call homosexuals fags.

idiot...

timk225

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 04:28:07 PM

Quote from: timk225 on August 19, 2013, 03:47:31 PM

And I'm proud of that.  

I was born in 1970, and grew up in good old fashioned small town America.  Where people could walk the streets safely at night, right was right, wrong was wrong, you could tell racial / ethnic jokes and people acknowledged the truth of them, there were far fewer special interest groups to get all offended at every little trivial thing that they don't like, it was a good time, flag waving, rock-n-roll American place to be.  

Now the communist in the WHITE house is doing his best to change that, and the Democrats are doing all they can too, to get us into the one world government / new world order / shadow government / etc.

As for words changing, witness this George Carlin clip from YouTube for the sheer ridiculousness of it all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h67k9eEw9AY

As for gay marriage, just because man changes the law does not mean God does.  In other words, I believe that gays will burn in hell.

muasktak10

Activity: 44

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 05:08:39 PM

Why is BTCT condoning his statements by leaving them on their site?

Is this forum moderated?

Trust me, you aren't impressing anyone with your bigotry.

Get an education.
J603

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 05:12:19 PM

Why is BTCT condoning his statements by leaving them on their site?

Is this forum moderated?

Trust me, you aren't impressing anyone with your bigotry.

Get an education.

I don't think bigotry is against the rules on the forum.

I don't agree with him, but I do think that freedom of speech is important.
timk225

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:09:01 PM

Back in the 80's, my "bigotry" was called "Proud to be an American".  Your responses show how far we have fallen as a country.

The USA, and in fact, the world, is turning into the Mike Judge movie "Idiocracy".  I knew it when I saw the movie years ago, and it is happening as we speak.

And you don't have to look far to find it, these so called "reality" tv shows like Duck Dynasty and Swamp People (or whatever those shows about rednecks, swamps, and alligators are called) say it all.

The America I grew up in is going straight to hell in a handbasket.

Muasktak10 - what you call an "education" is the liberals in the modern education system training you to be a good little obedient liberal who goes to work, pays your taxes, and does not complain.
alephi

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:15:14 PM

Back in the 80's, my "bigotry" was called "Proud to be an American".  Your responses show how far we have fallen as a country.

The USA, and in fact, the world, is turning into the Mike Judge movie "Idiocracy".  I knew it when I saw the movie years ago, and it is happening as we speak.

It's quite a stroke of fortune that you weren't born black, gay or intelligent. 

Mind you, there is a substantial body of evidence to show that the more homophobic individuals in society actually have suppressed homosexual tendencies.   

timk225

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:21:45 PM

Says the good little liberal worker........ Cheesy

I don't know if I'd consider myself a homophobe, I think that if 2 guys want to go buttslam each other in the ass and them lick each other clean, or if 2 women wanna scissor each other all night long, they can go do it.  But I draw the line when they want to be treated like normal people, get married, obtain employment and government benefits a male/female marriage would get, adopt children, and all that.  Homosexuality is an abomination before God, no matter what laws mortal men may make or change.  And seeing a pair of homos represented as a normal couple in a movie or tv show does not make me happy.

Marriage is between a man and woman ONLY, plain and simple.  No ifs ands or buts.
J603

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:23:48 PM

Says the good little liberal worker........ Cheesy

Says the good little ultra-conservative........ Cheesy

Since when is "worker" an insult?
alephi

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:25:55 PM

I was expecting Jewish commie pinko.  Liberal worker seems quite flattering, if a bit inaccurate.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: