Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 09:52:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: S9 have arrived, 2 for sale latest batch  (Read 501 times)
the_electronrancher (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:02:18 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2018, 07:16:55 PM by the_electronrancher

Hi folks,

I have 3x 13.5T machines coming in the next batch, but need to do some fundraising to gain some cash for new projects.

I'd like to gauge interest in these devices, please post your offer or PM me.  It's a lot less hassle to sell here, but as my desire is to raise funds at least one or two will go to eBay if the offers are all low.  I won't be offended by any offer, but keep it in mind.

Of course I will accept escrow for this sale if it takes place, only scammers refuse to escrow.  Buyer pays fees.

The devices have not yet shipped, so it looks like we have a week or two to work out all the details.  I planned to host them, so if you need hosting you can take my slot the cost is $110/kW.  Or if you want it in hand I will ship it over.

I strongly prefer US buyers.  I have 1800W psu that I intend to use with them, you can ask to include or not include at your choice.

EDIT
The devices have arrived

EDIT 2
The devices have been sold.

A.Delaney

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:49:22 PM

Location? Local pickup when they arrive?
the_electronrancher (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:00:12 PM

Southeast.  I'm personally not thrilled with local pickup.  It's a maybe if you can forward ID.
wiredawg45

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:07:03 PM

PM sent
the_electronrancher (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:39:00 PM

Got several offers and queued them, thanks.  I will continue to respond to offers and I will update as I get info from Bitmain.
the_electronrancher (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:18:33 PM

I have received a few questions on payment, and I wanted to clarify that either crypto or cash would be fine.
the_electronrancher (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:23:18 AM

Again, to clarify based on questions I've received - I prefer one of the main coins, BCH or ETH are probably as alt as I would go.  Not neo or verge, etc.
the_electronrancher (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:50:08 PM

Current BO is just north of 4K each.
the_electronrancher (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:01:03 PM

I'd like to give a bit more explanation on my shameless money grab here.

The funds will go, at least partially, to purchase a pick and place machine with vision capability.  I have a bitcoin project that requires it, I am currently placing chips using borrowed time on a sniper system but that is not sustainable in the long term.

So... in the off chance someone had a PNP machine that can do <0.5mm bga, I would consider a trade for one of the s9.   PNP machines are running around $4-5K for the lowest model that can (probably) do it.  Placement accuracy must be 50um or less.

Yeah.  Or cash, since most of y'all are normal people and not super nerds like some of us.  Heh.

xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 08:11:16 PM

sent you a pm , please check your inbox and answer if you have time Smiley

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
the_electronrancher (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:19:28 AM

Yes, all PMs have been replied to - sorry, meetings all day.

So I am trying not to take an offer until I have the devices in hand as there is always the chance they could be smashed up by UPS - better to wait until they are in my possession in good shape before closing anything.  Hope that's understandable. 

Furthermore, I can test them here to avoid the possible warranty hassle of a DOA unit or I can send them unopened if the buyer prefers.  Again, the power supplies are not APW3 but rather an 1800W clone by Yunhui which are my new favorite.  Although they are 220V only, they run really nice and are not as close to the max limit as APW3 when running S9.  You are free to refuse them, make an offer for or without PSU so it's clear.

So far the going rate is around $4.5k, which at that price I would avoid ebay and sell direct here. 
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 06:33:26 AM

hahahah, gauging interest... Cheesy Cheesy That's like gauging the interest of crack addicts for some crack!

the_electronrancher (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:05:28 PM

You know how dog food tastes?  Delicious!

The devices were shipped, they are currently at the HK airport waiting for clearance.  Next to alaska, then kentucky, then me.  UPS says monday.
carnut

Activity: 16

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 12:20:25 AM

It's a shot in the dark, but I'm in NC (Wilmington area) and can offer $3500 each for all three. I'll forward you my ID and we can use escrow (here or on a trusted escrow site).

Message me for my email address if you're game for a simple, local southeastern'er (but for a bargain!)
the_electronrancher (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:34:19 AM

My rank does not allow me to PM you directly, so I can just reply here.  Wilmington is just a few hours from me, so it would be a very convenient deal..  But I have to stick to the 4500 best offer.  If you want to do 9k for two just PM me.
carnut

Activity: 16

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 06:04:34 AM

My newbie status limits me to 2 a day as well. Thank you for the offer but I can't go to that price. It's a fantastic price for sure compared to eBay, but I'll just test my patience a little longer with Bitmain and try to grab more on their next release. I have two coming late Feb and two late March but trying to hoard up as many as I can on a budget.

Thanks again!

My rank does not allow me to PM you directly, so I can just reply here.  Wilmington is just a few hours from me, so it would be a very convenient deal..  But I have to stick to the 4500 best offer.  If you want to do 9k for two just PM me.
ottokoester

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:40:08 AM

If the miners are new and with PSU, 4000 USD is not bad!
I can pickup and pay locally, Cash, BTC, BCH, ETH or DASH.
the_electronrancher (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:53:58 AM

OK devices confirmed to be arriving tomorrow.  Anyone willing to beat 4.5k post here or PM me.  Please say whether you want the 1800W (220V only) power supply or not.
wiredawg45

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:15:10 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2018, 04:46:00 AM by wiredawg45

Out of pms...email me
the_electronrancher (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:13:39 PM

Miners are on the truck for delivery.  One is taken at $5K and the other two have a best offer of $4.6K each.  Any other interested parties can feel free to contact me today, I will be collecting payments starting this evening and shipping devices tomorrow
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: