Bitcoin Forum
September 05, 2024, 05:20:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MOBILE MINING???  (Read 134 times)
Chilliedog (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:29:08 PM

Hello I'm a nerdy Jock with no real hardcore computer skills. I work with children with autism and I am a personal trainer. Point I'm trying to make is I have no clue how to even start mining, but I have developed a huge fascination for mining.

My question, is it possible to mine from my laptop, smart phone, or tablet for free.

I see a lot of mining apps but I'm not sure if they actually work it seems to easy to just watch videos to gain Bitcoin currency.

I seriously want to become a miner. I have a lot of time and if I can see the benefit I can invest in more tools to mine.

I would mine anything i know Bitcoin is out of the question. So I'm thinking more of the other less popular coins. 
If you can help please tell me how to start.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 2667

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:55:44 PM

Way wrong area you posted in but still, read https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2415854.0
Highlights to it:
 - You CANNOT meaningfully mine bitcoin with your PC or laptop no matter how powerful it is.
 - You CANNOT meaningfully mine bitcoin with your tablet or phone no matter how powerful it is.
 - Mining apps for your phone or tablet that claim to mine bitcoin are almost certainly scams.
 - You CANNOT find software here to mine bitcoin with your PC by itself.
- You MIGHT be able to do one of the above with altcoins, but such discussion goes into the altcoin mining section.
 - You CANNOT find or post software here to mine on other peoples' PC without their permission.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome!  3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
 -Sole remaining active Primary developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:15:31 PM

Well said, old man! I would just like to emphasize this:

- Mining apps for your phone or tablet that claim to mine bitcoin are almost certainly scams.

Chilliedog, since you mentioned "watch videos to get Bitcoin", I'm sure it's not a mining software! It's probably an app that tries to make money from advertising. You won't get any financial benefit from that. For any serious mining you need specialized hardware, so-called ASICs miners or at least a GPU mining rig if you decide to mine altcoins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: