Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:13:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help a newb out with Exchange issues - quick  (Read 131 times)
karansaraf (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:05:04 PM

Hi all

Invested in BTC and LTC so far, want to make inroads into ETH and a number of other Altcoins in the next few weeks.

I've used Coinbase so far but they charge 3-4% in the UK.

I want a better fiat to crypto exchange than Coinbase that I can use in the UK. Does anyone know of any?

I've tried signing up to a number of exchanges, but a lot aren't allowing new registrations at the moment. Signed up to Kraken, but it's Euro only and you need to use SEPA to transfer money, rather than a direct bank transfer as with Coinbase.

Any help would be appreciated.
jiveandwail

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:10:11 PM

are you using gdax.com (sister company of coinbase) to transfer out of coinbase with no fees?
karansaraf (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:41:52 PM

So are you suggesting I transfer from coinbase to grab, and then I can transfer from gdax directly to my bank account without any fees? Is it dollars only or can I use it for GBP/UK?

I don't necessarily mind waiting for an exchange to let in new users, but in my searching I have struggled to find ANY exchange that allows fiat to crypto buys and subsequent withdrawal of fiat back to my bank account. Much less ones that support UK money.
jiveandwail

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:39:24 AM

gdax can pull from coinbase  at No Charge and send crypto to other exchanges or personal wallets at No Charge.

coinbase charges to send crypto to other exchanges or personal wallets.

i had to wait 2 days for a US bank wire to arrive to coinbase, they are backlogged.
no experience with sending from a UK bank, they say they can SEPA ...

https://support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/1963534-payment-methods-for-uk-customers
cry4crypto

Activity: 140
Merit: 35

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:19:59 PM

I'd also stay away from Kraken until they get their shit together!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: