Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:08:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Adoption of blockchain  (Read 148 times)
traderperspective (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:23:13 PM

This might not be perfect suit regarding the forum posted, but I think it is the best suited forum for the question! I am very interested in frameworks for determining the adoption of blockchain use cases. I have seen some posts on medium and in forbes, giving estimates of blockchain being in 1994 and 1997. If you have seen any great articles on these matters, please share, I would like to get as much of this info as possible.
If you haven't seen the ones I am talking about, I will link them here:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/apaul/2017/11/27/its-1994-in-cryptocurrency/#45119894b28a
https://medium.com/@dennyk/crypto-and-bitcoin-adoption-how-far-along-are-we-really-in-this-rally-79b5539dc222
francojon

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:21:14 PM

This might not be perfect suit regarding the forum posted, but I think it is the best suited forum for the question! I am very interested in frameworks for determining the adoption of blockchain use cases. I have seen some posts on medium and in forbes, giving estimates of blockchain being in 1994 and 1997. If you have seen any great articles on these matters, please share, I would like to get as much of this info as possible.
If you haven't seen the ones I am talking about, I will link them here:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/apaul/2017/11/27/its-1994-in-cryptocurrency/#45119894b28a
https://medium.com/@dennyk/crypto-and-bitcoin-adoption-how-far-along-are-we-really-in-this-rally-79b5539dc222

It is curious to see that some of the media that traditionally had the best and most credible information regarding the economy have been caught off-hand regarding cryptocurrencies. That is what I love most of this new scenario Smiley
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:57:11 PM

Interestingly enough, the underlying innovation of bitcoin, which was not supposed to the 'big' thing. But uses and applications of blockchain is one of the reasons this so called crypto 'bubble' claim doesn't have much substance to it. Buying something in expectation that the price will rise without any intrinsic value is the definition of bubble. But gold is scarce, without any real uses; therefore no 'intrinsic' value at all. What matters is the 'subjective' value. And this subjective value of bitcoin will remain because of blockchain utility even if the bubble dies down eventually.
HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2111

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:36:55 PM

[...] Buying something in expectation that the price will rise without any intrinsic value is the definition of bubble. [...]

Something can have an intrinsic value and still be part of a bubble. Housing, for example. Or even dot com companies.

It's only when the prices that people are willing to pay far exceed the fundamental value of an asset, that bubbles are born.

I agree with your sentiment though. Cryptocurrencies as a technology are an unprecedented value proposition that in the long run will not be lessened by price fluctuations.
ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:38:43 PM

The real product of bitcoin is the blockchain technology. Bitcoin started it all, thats what makes it more valuable. At least this time we have ideas what bitcoin or cryptocurrencies will become in the future its a pattern of breakthrough.
Nick Abimanyu

Activity: 406
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:18:49 PM

Blockchain technology is a type of next-generation business process improvement software. Since its appearance in 2009, blockchain technology are best understood as entries in a giant ledger, the blockchain usually contains the transaction history for every Bitcoin in circulation.

Today, the blockchain  has been used extensively in various companies, such as : banking, automotive companies, and other companies.

According one the executive director of Bank Central, blockchain is very reliable to accelerate financial transactions. And besides, with Blockchain you could create a truly proof record system.
francojon

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:51:57 PM

The real product of bitcoin is the blockchain technology. Bitcoin started it all, thats what makes it more valuable. At least this time we have ideas what bitcoin or cryptocurrencies will become in the future its a pattern of breakthrough.

I think that what makes Bitcoin valuable is that it is more widely adopted and has trading pairs with many other alts, but that could change with miner´s greed and ridiculous fees.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: