Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:06:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: need help with new S9  (Read 165 times)
jimmy2603 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:43:20 PM

Hello everyone, Smiley

I'm new in mining, I just got a new S9 two days ago from bitmain. Tongue

Unfortunately I cannot make the S9 working. I still got the message "Socket connect failed: Connection refused" on the system overview page. I also have nothing on BMIner version champ ( i guess it's normal if he cannot connect)

First I didn't have anything on the hardware version line, so I tried to upgrade the firmware, I also upgrade with the fix and then upgrade again. since then I have Socket connect failed: Connection refused

I tried with another network cable
I have a new APW3 psu from bitmain i don't think it would be the problem.
I tried a reset and also reboot.
I also tried like bit main suggests on their website to disconnect the mother board from the cards but the message socket connect failed was still there, so I don't think that one card could be faulty.

Huh Huh
Anybody has any clue that could help me?
I wrote to bitmain, but I guess they need a few days to answer

Any suggestion would be welcome as I start to loose hope in mining.  Wink Wink
Thanks
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:26:08 PM

The Socket connect failed: connection refused, the missing bmminer version, and hardware version are all connected to bmminer. If it is not running and hashing these errors are all completely normal and not indicative of a problem. Upon first boot, the s9 can take over an hour to run its tests and checks. You just need to be patient and let the miner run for a while.

If it still doesnt connect after letting it run for a few hours then it is time to take a look at the kernel log to see if there are actual errors.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
jimmy2603 (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:56:56 PM

Hi fanatic 26

Thank you so much for help.
Indeed it works after I waited longer. I got a hardware version and BMiner version on the overview appearing and then some numbers on the miner status.
Unfortunately it seems like I'm facing some other troubles.  Sad
The GH/S(RT) goes up to 14.000 for a few seconds then goes to 0.00 on three cards. Then the red fault light on the miner goes on. I tried on reset again once and every time waited around an hour.
Any idea of the problem?

thanks
the_electronrancher

Activity: 112
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:32:38 PM

It sounds like a psu problem.  Are you running an APW3 on 120V?  it won't work, you would need two APW3's to run on 120V
abmuh1

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:23:59 AM

Hi fanatic 26

Thank you so much for help.
Indeed it works after I waited longer. I got a hardware version and BMiner version on the overview appearing and then some numbers on the miner status.
Unfortunately it seems like I'm facing some other troubles.  Sad
The GH/S(RT) goes up to 14.000 for a few seconds then goes to 0.00 on three cards. Then the red fault light on the miner goes on. I tried on reset again once and every time waited around an hour.
Any idea of the problem?

thanks

I was get the same problem. the fans or the socket is missing. Or the high and low temperature is taking protection.
Try resetting the machine. from panel: System>upgrage>perform reset
jimmy2603 (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:00:10 PM

Thanks you so much for help guys, appreciate.
Indeed I found the solution, it was the temperature protection which was switching off the hash rate.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: