Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: why!?!?  (Read 159 times)
heyguyz (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:54:31 PM

im being charged 0.00398 to move my coins!? what the hell? this is ridiculous! that's $59 just to move my coins?
hiwainmoto

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

Unibright Token Launch - 10th April 2018

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:10:47 PM

im being charged 0.00398 to move my coins!? what the hell? this is ridiculous! that's $59 just to move my coins?
Probably because the network has a lot of pending transactions,network congestion,welcome to the cryptoworld mate!

LORD money

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:11:56 PM

which wallet did you use? in these days blockchain fees aren’t too high so it’s for certain a problem of your wallet. next time check fees and amount before sending (and the address you are sending to)
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:17:38 PM

Depends on your wallet. This is due to heavy load on bitcoin network, it wasn't simply made for this. This summer bitcoin got an upgrade - Lighting network that should help the transactions to be fast and cheap but implementing this feature is slow and its why msotly fees are that high. Some wallets will enable you to chose your own fee, others won't.

According to https://bitcoinfees.info/ fees shouldn't be higher than 20$ at this point, it is still a lot, but 59$ is to much overpaid. Depends if you pciked some option for fast transaction - maybe wallet you are using does this to raise chances that your trasnaction gets comfirmed within 1-2hours.

It is a problem that is worked on. There is above all huge debate over this issue as well. If you need to send coins to and from exhcnages try using some altcoin like ETH, LTC untill exchanges implement LN features for Bitcoin. This is the best I can tell you right now.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:28:49 PM

That’s because bitcoin is only for rich people.

tora

Activity: 532
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:38:55 PM

I change bitcoin to litecoin or ethereum as the costs are much lower and a faster transaction.
TeLlMeFrY

Activity: 392

Spanish Translator

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:42:59 PM

Bitcoin is currently one of the coins with the highest fees. If I purchased bitcoins right now I would just keep them stored until the problems with the fees is solved. Anyway his value will keep growing.

EZ365TMREVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM
WHITEPAPERINVESTOR pitch ❰ | Telegram | Twitter | Facebook |
███████████████ [ PLAYTRADELEARN ] ███████████████
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4680

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:51:46 PM

im being charged 0.00398 to move my coins!?

You are mistaken.  You are voluntarily offering to pay 0.00398 BTC to move your bitcoins.  You made this choice either by setting a fee yourself, or by choosing a wallet and letting it set a fee for you.

what the hell?

I don't understand the question.

this is ridiculous!

No.  This is Capitalism.

Bitcoins are valuable because there is a limited amount of them and there is a high demand for control over them.

Block space is ALSO valuable because there is a limited amount of it and there is a high demand for control over it.

Supply and Demand.  That's the way the market works.  You can offer to pay less and wait for someone to accept your offer, or you can offer to pay more in order to create an incentive for someone to accept your offer sooner.

that's $59 just to move my coins?

At the current exchange rate? If you choose to pay a 0.00398 fee?  That sounds about right.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:56:19 PM

That's how it goes for the wallets down here in the market, you should understand that there isn't anything that you can do for this...
Since your coins are stored there the only option you have is of doing what they ask you to do .

This is the only thing that can happen, why and what the hell won't take you anywhere before .. anything for the future you should personally check the wallet fee and everything and do what you are supposed to do.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
babygun

Activity: 2142
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 07:13:18 PM

Depends on your wallet. This is due to heavy load on bitcoin network, it wasn't simply made for this. This summer bitcoin got an upgrade - Lighting network that should help the transactions to be fast and cheap but implementing this feature is slow and its why msotly fees are that high. Some wallets will enable you to chose your own fee, others won't.

According to https://bitcoinfees.info/ fees shouldn't be higher than 20$ at this point, it is still a lot, but 59$ is to much overpaid. Depends if you pciked some option for fast transaction - maybe wallet you are using does this to raise chances that your trasnaction gets comfirmed within 1-2hours.

It is a problem that is worked on. There is above all huge debate over this issue as well. If you need to send coins to and from exhcnages try using some altcoin like ETH, LTC untill exchanges implement LN features for Bitcoin. This is the best I can tell you right now.

Everything is being said here. Blockchain.info has a warning banner on his site to warn users that the network is congested and overloaded and that the fees are high. If you don't really need to move your coins, than just don't do it!

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Gandalphlegrand

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:22:28 PM

That's the problem with bitcoins, thats why other crypto like litecoin are more interesting fees wise
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: